Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 03:14 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times

Advertisements

When do I get to scout around in shorts again??

Oh wait, I do that already during weekends

People keep asking me if I'm crazy. I mean, come on, do you folks EVER work out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 03:51 PM

30 posts, read 35,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Nice to see you "hedging"

Anyway, Accuweather's take on tomorrow: AccuWeather.com - Weather News | Weekend Snowstorm Ohio Valley to New England (http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/45322/weekend-snowstorm-eyes-appalac-1.asp - broken link), looks like a bigger threat north of here....

And on next week: AccuWeather.com - Weather News | Two Winter Storms, More Trouble Next Week (http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/45367/two-winter-storms-more-trouble-1.asp - broken link)

It's interesting how we are "between" two pieces of the Monday-Tuesday storm making it quite benign for us. And as Cambium says above, all over the place on Thursday/Friday
I know I know. It's still early anything is possible. But let's just say majority rules as far as computer models are concerned. Most of the time, anyway. But next time I choose to make a "risky" statment like that, I will be putting IMO at the end of it, taking your advice

Old 02-04-2011, 03:53 PM

Old 02-04-2011, 04:51 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Lets be adults ...
Being an adult would start with recognizing the destructive economic effects of a winter like this.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:58 PM

2,080 posts, read 4,846,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
Being an adult would start with recognizing the destructive economic effects of a winter like this.
Not only the economic effects, how about the emotional effects? I am so sick of worrying every time I hear a drip in the house, spending so much time working on the gutters, shoveling, and attempting to rake the roof, but failing...only to pay someone a small fortune to do it...and now thinking I have to do all of the above again......and again........and again.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:14 PM

thursday is giganitc snowstorm or complete miss. thats what its coming down to.....so those of you with frozen gutters, and leaking roofs,hold your breath. this is something to watch

Old 02-04-2011, 05:23 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post

That would belong in a different thread though no? On the other hand therres alot of business being conducted because of this weather that wouldn't be without it. I guess the economic effects depend on which side you are sitting on. Theres always give & take.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:42 PM

11,302 posts, read 18,899,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommos34 View Post
I know I know. It's still early anything is possible. But let's just say majority rules as far as computer models are concerned. Most of the time, anyway. But next time I choose to make a "risky" statment like that, I will be putting IMO at the end of it, taking your advice
Actually it was Cambium's advice, but you're welcome.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:43 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
That would belong in a different thread though no? On the other hand therres alot of business being conducted because of this weather that wouldn't be without it. I guess the economic effects depend on which side you are sitting on. Theres always give & take.
In economics, that's called the "broken window fallacy".

Old 02-04-2011, 08:17 PM

21,630 posts, read 31,226,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
When do I get to scout around in shorts again??

Oh wait, I do that already during weekends

People keep asking me if I'm crazy. I mean, come on, do you folks EVER work out
No, none of us work out here - we're only among the fittest/healthiest states in the nation.

Most of us are smart enough to invest in a pair of sweatpants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut