Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 10:14 AM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times

Advertisements

YES!! Bring on Spring. 50s and 60s only please! No 70s+ ever again! lol

GFS18z next Wednesday Max temps

Old 02-01-2017, 10:50 AM

Feb 5-6 Storm. Read. Ok, maybe a bit technical but there's some you should understand. lol

https://www.facebook.com/nynjpaweath...15804548431203

Quote:

Afternoon statement on storm potential for Sunday night:

The latest guidance continues to suggest that no phase will occur and only snow showers will be a threat on Sunday night into Monday. HOWEVER, I have seen this set up before and I continue to keep a close eye on this time period. As I have stated, the atmospheric set up on Sunday is such that if an interaction or phase occurs between the Sub Tropical and Polar jet streams, that a significant winter storm is possible. At this time, all models are still lacking strong sampling and resolution of both of these 500 MB shortwaves. This will be improved starting on Thursday. I have seen time and again how models lose a storm and then 2 days out, the storm forecast is back and rather impressive. I would strongly suggest not to discount winter storm impacts just yet.

In terms of the rest of the pattern, IMO, one storm influences the next. If the next storm does not phase, than the NAO goes positive and the storm later next week is a Lake Cutter, thus rain. If this storm does phase, you alter the entire 500 MB pattern and thus storm tracks on the East coast. This very well could be a pattern that just does have the timing just right and thus a very disappointing February for snow lovers. This can also go the other way VERY quickly.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:01 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Feb 5-6 Storm. Read. Ok, maybe a bit technical but there's some you should understand. lol

https://www.facebook.com/nynjpaweath...15804548431203

Seems like the atmosphere primes up a following weather system to what precipitation falls - interesting.

In my neck of the woods (SW NJ) at this point in time they're calling for afternoon rain showers on Sunday then party cloudy going into Monday morning.

And you wishing for warmer? You must be getting old(er).

Old 02-01-2017, 11:05 AM

59 posts, read 42,456 times
I think this could be a reverse psychology on Cambiums part. Almost a reverse jinx. Or he is just really mad about this lame winter. Been terrible.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormscoming View Post
I think this could be a reverse psychology on Cambiums part. Almost a reverse jinx. Or he is just really mad about this lame winter. Been terrible.
We'll know in 4 weeks time.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Seems like the atmosphere primes up a following weather system to what precipitation falls - interesting.

In my neck of the woods (SW NJ) at this point in time they're calling for afternoon rain showers on Sunday then party cloudy going into Monday morning.
Check out WPC discussion.... Waffles being served for this storm. LOL They are talking about the northern part of the puzzle.

Quote:
MEANWHILE MODELS/MEANS CONTINUE TO SHOW A GENERAL AREA OF LOW
PRESSURE CROSSING THE EAST... MOST LIKELY BEST DEFINED ACROSS
NORTHERN AREAS... DURING THE WEEKEND IN ASSOCIATION WITH WEAK
SHORTWAVE ENERGY EMBEDDED IN LOW AMPLITUDE FLOW. GUIDANCE
CONTINUES TO WAFFLE REGARDING THE POTENTIAL STRENGTH OF THIS
FEATURE.

TOP CIRCLE(energy from Polar Jet Stream) NEEDS TO MERGE WITH BOTTOM CIRCLE (Southern Jet)

It does but over Nova Scotia. Too late for us! Needs to Merge in Ohio Valley or Mid Atlantic.

Those features aren't even close to being near the U.S yet.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Check out WPC discussion.... Waffles being served for this storm. LOL They are talking about the northern part of the puzzle.

TOP CIRCLE(energy from Polar Jet Stream) NEEDS TO MERGE WITH BOTTOM CIRCLE (Southern Jet)

It does but over Nova Scotia. Too late for us! Needs to Merge in Ohio Valley or Mid Atlantic.

Those features aren't even close to being near the U.S yet.

I wonder if the waffling will eventually catch up by months end?

The waffles they are serving sound more like wishy-washy thoughts.

Like if I pick the correct 6 numbers I'll win the NJ lottery but if only in the correct trance to pick them all correctly in the first place and it's snowing in NJ in July.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:17 PM

So thats why my mail was late today. Lolol

https://twitter.com/StormchaserZach/...60133594955781

Old 02-01-2017, 06:44 PM

11,299 posts, read 18,895,695 times
Quote:
1 month to meteorological Spring! Can't wait.

3 maps..

Soon all that southern warmth will move north into us. We are still north of that front as usually are in Winter.
Kind of weird hearing this from you....

One of the many Facebook weather sites I look at noted something interesting about the 1.0" in Central Park yesterday. In a weird "luck of the date" stats, it is the first time since 1949 that an inch of snow or more fell there on Jan. 31. So thinking that BDR only started records in 1948, I wondered if that would make it their record snow for the date and indeed the record is.....3.5" in 1949.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:57 AM

GAME OVER for Sunday Feb 5th storm. It's still on the map, GFS was right 10 days ago, just the little details aren't looking like its happening with merging of 2 storms.

Take a look. This is Sunday 7pm, see the 2 storms? What ashame. October snow curse continues for us.

BUT ....... Here we go with another one just 2 days later! With High pressure in that position over Quebec, its going to send down cold air and could be stubborn. So we could be getting a Snow to rain scenario for Tuesday. Rain because the storm heads to Great Lakes and sends a warm surge from the south into us.

Then...... after that Tuesday storm leaves...... Hang onto your hats. We go from 40s to 20s within 12hrs Wednesday night. Crashing temps. What ashame.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut