Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2015, 07:35 PM

83,581 posts, read 75,545,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctguy87 View Post
I just downloaded the Nike Running app. It's free and maps your run and tracks your pace and distance. I was impressed! I'm not a runner - but it's something I'd like to get into and I signed up for a 5K on August 6th, so I figured I should do some prep for it. It even tracks the weather too! (yesterday was noted as sunny and 74 during my run).
Good luck with that. I dont have intensions in joining any races. Just want to stay in shape and active. Yeah, theres a lot of apps out there. Mine does elevation too which is cool to see when graphed out. You should do that Spartan Race. Heard its pretty intense but fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
I say good...we need a few 90 degree days..its summer..let it feel like summer. Fall is just around the corner.
Quick graphic I made..

We thought last year wasn't a Hot Summer.... So far Boston No 90s, last yr had 3 by now. Normal is 6. Hartford had 8 last year by now!

Seems like North of NJ hasn't had Summer heat but even Philly is slightly below normal

BTW.. Islip is about to go 2 straight years without 90.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:03 PM

11,319 posts, read 18,933,626 times
And the lone 90 degree day at NYC/Central Park is very suspect.

It occured between hourly readings on either June 22 or 23 and the hourly high was 88 not 89. This has happened quite a few times at Central Park this summer, and more so than at the other tristate stations, that is, highs being between hourly readings and sometimes where the hourly high is 2 or more degrees lower than the high for the day (on the other hand I think JFK had one solid 90 degree high this year, and LGA and EWR have had more than one)

It wouldve been very historic if that didnt happen, in their long record the latest first 90 was July 26, 1877 but many have suspicion on it, one reason being that "#2" isnt even close, its way earlier and occurred not in those so called "colder" 1800s, but on July 14, 1985. That wouldve been shattered this year (Sunday is likely to be 90+ and the i think they will be in Islip and BDR too) and wouldve been the first time since I believe 1927-28 that 2 years in a row didnt have the first 90 in the Park until July.

Now that also makes me wonder......when did they start recording readings in real time as opposed to simply hourly. I'm almost sure the 1877 record is suspect because of that, with computers recording the temperature constantly there may have been a 'missed' 90+ high in there, perhaps even in 1985 if they were still only doing hourly readings (hey, stock prices were still in fractions until 2001 so I wouldnt be surprised if readings were only hourly until recently)

Old 07-17-2015, 08:36 PM

Yeah, maybe they held a hair dryer to the station. Lmao. That sucks for nyc. Could of been an extreme year. But NOAA would of adjusted it hotter anyway since they like tampering with data. (Yes, i have proof of that)

Old 07-17-2015, 08:59 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,185,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Good luck with that. I dont have intensions in joining any races. Just want to stay in shape and active. Yeah, theres a lot of apps out there. Mine does elevation too which is cool to see when graphed out. You should do that Spartan Race. Heard its pretty intense but fun.

Quick graphic I made..

We thought last year wasn't a Hot Summer.... So far Boston No 90s, last yr had 3 by now. Normal is 6. Hartford had 8 last year by now!

Seems like North of NJ hasn't had Summer heat but even Philly is slightly below normal

BTW.. Islip is about to go 2 straight years without 90.
No doubt this has been a cool summer so far.. but for me a few days of 90 ..hit the pool, beach , then get ready for a nice long cooling season.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:32 AM

Quote:
No doubt this has been a cool summer so far.. but for me a few days of 90 ..hit the pool, beach , then get ready for a nice long cooling season.
Problem with that is...it comes with Humidity. If we had a dry heat around here I would agree but we don't so... we don't need 90s. Funny thing is, my neighbors haven't been in their pools much again. Who needs screaming kids and adults. Cold is good on so many levels. Seems like it keeps the peace of Earth. lol

TODAY

THE AREA WILL BE WARM SECTORED TODAY. AS SUCH A HUMID AIRMASS WILL BE INTRODUCED TODAY. IN FACT...BY LATE THIS AFTERNOON DEWPOINTS COULD REACH THE LOWER 70S IN SOME SPOTS...MAKING FOR VERY UNCOMFORTABLE CONDITIONS. WARMER TEMPERATURES THAN PREVIOUS DAYS ON A SOUTHERLY FLOW...WITH MIDDLE TO UPPER 80S EXPECTED ACROSS NYC METRO AND NORTHEAST NJ...LOWER TO MIDDLE 80S ELSEWHERE

TOMORROW

THE MAIN STORY DURING THIS TIME PERIOD WILL BE THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY. TEMPERATURES WILL GENERALLY BE IN THE UPPER 80S NEAR THE COAST...TO LOWER TO MIDDLE 90S ELSEWHERE AWAY FROM THE COAST. WITH DEWPOINTS FORECAST TO BE IN THE LOWER 70S...HEAT INDICES COULD REACH AT OR JUST ABOVE 100 IN THE NYC AND NJ METRO AREAS. WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF MONDAY BEING NEARLY AS WARM AND JUST HUMID...A HEAT ADVISORY MAY BE NEEDED FOR NYC.

Scattered Rain/storms today.

Old 07-18-2015, 05:59 AM

Was about to go for a run and it started drizzling then pouring hard a minute after. Checked radar.. ugh.

Typical summer downpour.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:47 AM

453 posts, read 532,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriact View Post
Corporate 5k? See you there!

Yes

Old 07-18-2015, 06:54 AM

Approaching 1/2" rain here.

So who else thinks we need more "official" stations.

Case in point.. I have almost 1/2" of rain this morning already. Bridgeport? Nothing. They have been on the outside edge of the rains.

NYC south of the heaviest rains. Danbury missed out.

So when looking back at today we might see not a lot of rain happened. Meanwhile Many folks Between NYC and Bridgeport got drenched with torrential & steady rains.

Same goes for snow...

That 70F there is White Plains. It's good they are there but it's not technically "official". It's an automatic station. They will show the heavy rains when updated.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:58 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,185,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Approaching 1/2" rain here.

So who else thinks we need more "official" stations.

C. Danbury missed out.

So when looking back at today we might see not a lot of rain happened. Meanwhile Many folks Between NYC and Bridgeport got drenched with torrential & steady rains.

Same goes for snow...

That 70F there is White Plains. It's good they are there but it's not technically "official". It's an automatic station. They will show the heavy rains when updated.
I was just going to say that! Not a drop here...so random who gets these..its definitely true every town should have recording stations.

Edit: looked outside and we just got a brief downpour

Old 07-18-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
I was just going to say that! Not a drop here...so random who gets these..its definitely true every town should have recording stations.
Ground deeply soaked here. Streams in the street. Thundering. But now its all passing and the entire state looks clear for at least couple hours. There's a batch in northern New Haven right now.

There's a new rain line forming West of Albany that might enter Litchfield in couple hours. We'll see if anything else pops up locally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut