Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 09:07 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbeer View Post
You have to take your foot off the accelerator when people get that close. Many people panic and speed up and that makes the problem worse. Speeding up is the worst thing you could have done.
Not to sound stupid but why is speeding the worst? I always thought it was braking that pisses off a driver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 10:19 AM

413 posts, read 317,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Not to sound stupid but why is speeding the worst? I always thought it was braking that pisses off a driver.
It's a panic response, it's flight. Especially if you're already over the speed limit. The faster you go the worse you will make any outcome.

Simply remove you foot from the accelerator. Do NOT press the brake. Your car will slow but not quickly and you will deescalate the situation. You can then safety look for a place to get out of the idiot's way.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:47 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Please return to the topic of the OP which is development in Hartford. JayCT, Moderator

Old 07-22-2016, 09:39 AM

Looks like it is official. The Yardgoats will not be playing any home games this season in Hartford. Too bad but this is a failure on the city and the developers side. Not sure who is more to blame, the developer for not meeting his obligations or the Mayor for pulling the plug too soon and not sufficiently supporting the project and clearing away the hurdles that were faced. Jay

Yard Goats To Spend Entire Season Away From Home, League Says - Courant Community

Old 07-22-2016, 12:02 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,563,496 times
Not one tear being shed here in New Britain over it!

To be fair, the New Britain Bees aren't exactly having stellar attendance at most games. They quoted over 3,000 last night for the 7-3 win against the Lancaster (PA) Barnstormers. It sure didn't look like that many to me. I was sitting in section 208 under the press box.

I also saw how the remainder of their "home" games are being handled. Some in Binghamton, NY again. A few in Trenton, NJ (GO THUNDER!) and even in Bowie, MD!

Team owner Josh Solomon can't handle the road "home" games right either. A friend of my brother's drove down from Albany, NY to one of their "home" games in Binghamton. He was turned away at the gates, being told that the game was only open to Yard Goats season ticket holders. I hope all 5 fans who were at that game were happy!

Old 07-22-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN_224 View Post
Not one tear being shed here in New Britain over it!

To be fair, the New Britain Bees aren't exactly having stellar attendance at most games. They quoted over 3,000 last night for the 7-3 win against the Lancaster (PA) Barnstormers. It sure didn't look like that many to me. I was sitting in section 208 under the press box.

I also saw how the remainder of their "home" games are being handled. Some in Binghamton, NY again. A few in Trenton, NJ (GO THUNDER!) and even in Bowie, MD!

Team owner Josh Solomon can't handle the road "home" games right either. A friend of my brother's drove down from Albany, NY to one of their "home" games in Binghamton. He was turned away at the gates, being told that the game was only open to Yard Goats season ticket holders. I hope all 5 fans who were at that game were happy!
Really? That is not a good way to build a fan base. I hope your brother went to their website and complained to them. IF they want to be successful they need to go out of their way to make the fans happy and feel that they are part of a winning team. Actions like that are not going to do that. Jay

Old 07-22-2016, 07:25 PM

1,572 posts, read 1,563,496 times
Nothing else I can add, really. We're both blocked from posting on the Yard Goats' Facebook page. We never swore, just often said something negative. I (and my brother, most likely) wouldn't be nearly as bitter if they fully disclosed what their intentions were and moved out of state.

I understand the minor league baseball is a business as well. You want fans to show up and make a profit. That's perfectly fine. Mr. Solomon just hasn't figured out the right way to do it. That's all!

Old 07-23-2016, 07:30 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Looks like it is official. The Yardgoats will not be playing any home games this season in Hartford. Too bad but this is a failure on the city and the developers side. Not sure who is more to blame, the developer for not meeting his obligations or the Mayor for pulling the plug too soon and not sufficiently supporting the project and clearing away the hurdles that were faced. Jay

Yard Goats To Spend Entire Season Away From Home, League Says - Courant Community

Unacceptable no matter who it is, and will harm them far past 2016. With any team, it is vital to make sure what should be year old goes on w/o a hitch.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Unacceptable no matter who it is, and will harm them far past 2016. With any team, it is vital to make sure what should be year old goes on w/o a hitch.
So true. It is almost like Bronin wants this to fail. It seems like he resented being handed this. I hope that this is not true because that would show that he is just another egotistical politician and that is the last thing Hartford needs these days. Jay

Old 07-24-2016, 09:58 AM

34,068 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
So true. It is almost like Bronin wants this to fail. It seems like he resented being handed this. I hope that this is not true because that would show that he is just another egotistical politician and that is the last thing Hartford needs these days. Jay

Equally concerned for Bluefish and Sound Tigers, btw. Although I suspect for former, it is too late. latter need large average attendance boost, as hockey, even minor league, is ultra expensive to run. Requires close to full house daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut