Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 06:14 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,975,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I was there. They official attendance was 650. I counted about 100. It was difficult to buy tickets as you had to purchase them on the Connecticut Defenders site.
Boy, that really does make it hard since the Connecticut Defenders moved out of state in 2009!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 01:40 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerAnthony View Post
Boy, that really does make it hard since the Connecticut Defenders moved out of state in 2009!
Sorry -- Connecticut Tigers. The Official Site of The Connecticut Tigers | cttigers.com Homepage

At least I didn't call them the Norwich Navigators.

Personally, I loved it when the team was in New Haven playing at Yale Field. It was a great place to see a game and convenient.

I don't think Yale Field is big enough for AA baseball now.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:00 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,311,589 times
Quote:
Sorry -- Connecticut Tigers. The Official Site of The Connecticut Tigers | cttigers.com Homepage

At least I didn't call them the Norwich Navigators.

Personally, I loved it when the team was in New Haven playing at Yale Field. It was a great place to see a game and convenient.

I don't think Yale Field is big enough for AA baseball now.
Yale Field isn't that small when it comes to capacity. It holds around 6,000 people and that's close to average for a minor league baseball stadium. The only issue with Yale Field is that it's extremely old (1920's) and hardly any team is going to be attracted to a stadium that will need a lot of work which is what that field needs. The only tenant is Yale but over the years there has been some minor league teams that called that field home. I personally wouldn't call New Haven a minor league town. All of the focus on sports goes to CCSU and Yale.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:56 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
Yale Field isn't that small when it comes to capacity. It holds around 6,000 people and that's close to average for a minor league baseball stadium. The only issue with Yale Field is that it's extremely old (1920's) and hardly any team is going to be attracted to a stadium that will need a lot of work which is what that field needs. The only tenant is Yale but over the years there has been some minor league teams that called that field home. I personally wouldn't call New Haven a minor league town. All of the focus on sports goes to CCSU and Yale.
If not mistaken the Raven's did well there-- Especially in the early 90's when there was excitement around the Rockies Expansion team.

My favorite New Haven Raven: Wonderful Monds, son of 49ers Wonderful Terrific Monds.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:26 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,311,589 times
Quote:
If not mistaken the Raven's did well there-- Especially in the early 90's when there was excitement around the Rockies Expansion team.

My favorite New Haven Raven: Wonderful Monds, son of 49ers Wonderful Terrific Monds.
The interesting thing is that they played in the Eastern League which is the same league the Yard Goats play in.

I was curious on the attendance averages per season and I looked it up.
Past Attendance | Eastern League History

The New Haven Ravens weren't that low but how does Binghamton still have a team? They're practically at the bottom every single year. It makes sense why they're so slow since it's a small town but why is the Binghamton market so popular? They have an AHL team there as well and their attendance sucks too.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:32 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
Could of done the Yale stadium over probably wouldn't take as much money it did for DD stadium in Hartford.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:28 AM

34,926 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
The interesting thing is that they played in the Eastern League which is the same league the Yard Goats play in.

I was curious on the attendance averages per season and I looked it up.
Past Attendance | Eastern League History

The New Haven Ravens weren't that low but how does Binghamton still have a team? They're practically at the bottom every single year. It makes sense why they're so slow since it's a small town but why is the Binghamton market so popular? They have an AHL team there as well and their attendance sucks too.
It likely has to do with cost and profit for the owners more than the attendance. If the team makes a profit then having the lowest attendance means little to them or the league. Jay

Old 05-16-2016, 09:45 AM

34,926 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Here is an interesting article on a study that found Hartford would be a low cost option for New York and Boston companies looking to relocate back office operations. It notes that while still high overall in the nation, regionally Hartford costs are low but it has a highly skilled workforce to draw upon and is close to both major cities. This is what I have always thought. Nice to have a formal study confirm that. Hopefully some companies will also agree. Jay

As a ‘back-office’ venue, Hartford ranks high | HartfordBusiness.com

Old 05-16-2016, 10:29 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,095,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Here is an interesting article on a study that found Hartford would be a low cost option for New York and Boston companies looking to relocate back office operations. It notes that while still high overall in the nation, regionally Hartford costs are low but it has a highly skilled workforce to draw upon and is close to both major cities. This is what I have always thought. Nice to have a formal study confirm that. Hopefully some companies will also agree. Jay

As a ‘back-office’ venue, Hartford ranks high | HartfordBusiness.com
It is good to see. I do think that Hartford's business climate will hinge on whether the legislators are able to come up with a sustainable, sensible solution for the state's pension obligations.

What's shocking in the article though is that Montreal is one-third cheaper than Hartford!?

Old 05-16-2016, 10:43 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
I say New Haven be the best option for businesses, but Hartford has more room and the Capital. Also New Haven has better rail service, but Hartford is close to Bradley Airport limited transportation options to Hartford though. Hartford has more hotel options than New Haven. New Haven has more luxury hotels. Hartford is not as crowded as New Haven. New Haven has four to five colleges. Hartford has four colleges. Both have equal performing arts centers. Hartford has more sport options than New Haven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut