Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2024, 09:46 AM

10,215 posts, read 15,084,245 times

Advertisements

The house that was there had a boarded up look. You can see it here at 4:45.

https://youtu.be/jloRuAU9w7A?si=giMEbFWN6KZoYBmk

As for what might be built there, juding by the new projects in the area including the newest one right across the street, I would guess either entirely residential apartments or a residential/commercial mix apartment.

PS. Google needs to update their Street View images of Norwalk. You can tell just by looking at them that they are outdated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 06:40 PM

35,056 posts, read 57,152,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Isn’t that the expansion of Waypointe? I believe it’s called The Pinnacle at Waypointe, it will be 393 units.

https://www.thehour.com/news/article...4-18546994.php

Old 05-07-2024, 06:51 PM

That’s the one across the street (it can also be seen in the video at 3:52). The one Cambium photographed is not built yet.

Old 05-07-2024, 07:36 PM

35,056 posts, read 57,152,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
That’s the one across the street (it can also be seen in the video at 3:52). The one Cambium photographed is not built yet.
Yes, but same developer owned the Leohman’s Plaza site and is building a mixed use development there. This article confirms it’s another Waypointe building. Doesn’t say how many units though.

https://www.nancyonnorwalk.com/norwa...-improvements/

Old 05-08-2024, 07:17 AM

10,945 posts, read 4,630,749 times
years ago, when I lived in Danbury, I used to toot down 7 to norwalk and put my boat in the harbor at a great free launch/parking next to some maritime museum? well marked and staked channels to get past the sheffields on our way to port jeff or just blues fishing...is this area still there still excellent and still free?

Old 05-08-2024, 01:10 PM

7,044 posts, read 3,821,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Everyone in the area knows this to be the old blighted YMCA location. It was razed a few month ago to expand on Waypoint as JayCT correctly pointed out.

Old 05-09-2024, 07:59 PM

224 posts, read 350,555 times
I tell ya what, Norwalk is doing it right. THat area once developed further will be really nice. ALready a few restaraunts there, it will create a nice vibe along with the mall scene close by.

Old 05-10-2024, 06:38 PM

426 posts, read 177,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut203 View Post
I tell ya what, Norwalk is doing it right. THat area once developed further will be really nice. ALready a few restaraunts there, it will create a nice vibe along with the mall scene close by.
Norwalk also has a Nordstrom, so it’s obviously awesome!

Kidding

Old 05-10-2024, 10:23 PM

Norwalk is alright and there are sections I really like (SONO tops that list), but overall I never liked Norwalk too much. The issue was never the residential areas.

One thing I like about Stamford is that even in areas where their is a commercial strip, such as in Turn of River, it doesn’t have that feeling you get when driving down Connecticut Avenue or whatever is called the road that goes to Wilton (which has the CT Motor Vehicles Dept). I understand that tyoe of commercial settings is very common in suburban USA and yet, it gives the wrong vibes from an urban planning point-of-view. Recently I was in Bedford Hills near Mt Kisco, NY and there is a similar commercial strip as in Norwalk but it looks so much better. The signs are smaller (no question zoning restrictions are behind that), generally the buildings are closer to the road which despite some of their parking is in front, it still creates more structure as seen from the road than in Norwalk where it seems things are “open,” I hope people get what I’m saying. The reason I like the Belden Ave/SONO part of Norwalk is pricisely because it has many beautiful buildings (new and old) closer to the road which eliminates this disgusting open feeling. Commercial strip areas shouldn’t have this open feeling.

That’s actually one of my main dislikes about much of Florida. Horrible planning when it comes to that. You see the buildings and often they look fine and are nice looking even when the architecture is simple. It feels they are almost trying to hide their handsomeness from the road, being as far away as possible with all their parking in front.

Old 05-11-2024, 05:57 AM

7,044 posts, read 3,821,864 times
Ant, you should get in on the action of the Town Tourny and plug Stamford more. You’ll have to wait for next year though it got eliminated 2 rounds ago.

I find most people in the region don't love Stamford. The only ones that do are town natives and the Never Ever Leave CT GenZers who want some bigger city time and experience before their next chapters.
That’s just my personal observations. YMMv
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut