Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 01:49 PM

610 posts, read 532,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Democrats get it both ways. First, they import poor, illiterate illegal aliens to become their voters, next they scream "income inequality."

Actually a third way if you count welfare, and permanent economic bondage.
Couldn't have said it better. And it's amazing how many fools play right into their hands. I believe in a "safety net" and legal immigration...but this ain't FDR's party anymore. "Income inequality' is the biggest strawman of all, or maybe I should say Trojan Horse. And I see the effects of the change right here in this state.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:58 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,310,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert137 View Post
Couldn't have said it better. And it's amazing how many fools play right into their hands. I believe in a "safety net" and legal immigration...but this ain't FDR's party anymore. "Income inequality' is the biggest strawman of all, or maybe I should say Trojan Horse. And I see the effects of the change right here in this state.
Don't even get me started on Hartford. I remember when it was majority Republican back in the day. Once white flight occurred the city started to lose residents fast. Eventually they put billboards in Puerto Rico to attract new residents and now the city is mostly minorites. Most with minimum wage jobs unfortunately.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:36 PM

2,358 posts, read 2,182,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
Don't even get me started on Hartford. I remember when it was majority Republican back in the day. Once white flight occurred the city started to lose residents fast. Eventually they put billboards in Puerto Rico to attract new residents and now the city is mostly minorites. Most with minimum wage jobs unfortunately.
So many sources are needed for this.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:39 PM

4,316 posts, read 4,204,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert137 View Post
Income Inequality is dog-whistle for more wealth re-distribution, with the politicians in the middle of it. CT is awash in it.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
I'll let Humpday table-shower your request, although I can tell you that CT has the largest percentage of Puerto Ricans in the country.

Meanwhile, poor Puerto Ricans keep coming to CT. Read this source -- Puerto Rico's poor economy could lead to Connecticut influx

Old 09-28-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
I'll let Humpday table-shower your request, although I can tell you that CT has the largest percentage of Puerto Ricans in the country.

Meanwhile, poor Puerto Ricans keep coming to CT. Read this source -- Puerto Rico's poor economy could lead to Connecticut influx
So, poor Americans aren't allowed here? Should we stop migration from Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Alaska or any other failed economies that the "conservatives" have gotten control because they are "teh poors?"

Besides I'm questioning the "billboards in PR" and the white flight lines. It sounds, feels, and looks like utter bull.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
So, poor Americans aren't allowed here? Should we stop migration from Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Alaska or any other failed economies that the "conservatives" have gotten control because they are "teh poors?"
Nobody is coming here from those States. Besides, you should check your own sources -- they are at least 20-30 years old, and back then many of those poor Southern states were Democrat for almost 150 years. So you have have it backwards.

Most of Southern States are growing economically faster than CT. Do the math what's gonna happen in due time.

Like I keep pointing out -- CT is living off the previous investments. Other states are catching up. CT's trajectory is downward decidedly. Not so in most of the Southern states.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Number two -- none of those Southern States is "declaring" bankruptcy like Puerto Rico. So that comparison is also illogical. If anything, CT is probably more insolvent than all the States you mentioned.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:53 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,310,696 times
Quote:
Sources for what?

Demographics --->
https://suburbanstats.org/population...ve-in-hartford
Nearly half are Hispanic and Latino with Blacks at close to 40%.

Billboard advertisements I learned from several of the locals so I'm not quite sure if there's a specific online source for that.

Any type of source you're looking for?

Old 09-28-2016, 09:02 PM

Hump,

The White Flight happened everywhere in the country, especially after 1960's... but Puerto Rican presence in Hartford and CT goes back nearly 100 years to the Spanish American War and the Rum industry. Just seemed like you were conflating a bunch of things that may not have been directly connected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut