Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2022, 11:22 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,186,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Tri-state Greenwich to New Haven along 95 and US1 is far denser than the rest of the state. Incredibly so. A much longer stretch than anywhere else. Northern FCounty feels like another world.
Also going up the 91 corridor New Haven to Hartford. Not as much as the 95 corridor but far above national urban metropolitan population density.

Old 02-04-2022, 02:47 PM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Sometimes I wonder how much the real estate market is gummed up due to a slow court system. No one in local government will say that they want to take properties but sometimes they have to. Not all towns have the resources to do this but some in CT do

Upcoming Tax Sales - Connecticut Tax Sales

This process should be faster. Months are one thing but years are another.

Old 02-04-2022, 11:33 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Proposal to change old KMart Milford mall to mainly housing. Fine plan. Retail is 80% dead. There is no better alternative available.

https://patch.com/connecticut/milfor...7U_8HJY9jg0hdg

PZB approved KMart conversion plan.

https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/...c=rdctpdensecp

Old 02-06-2022, 06:47 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
https://www.richstatespoorstates.org/states/CT/

This is the best web site I've found for all kinds of data & rankings about states' economic climate.

It appears to be ~1 year old, & it will be interesting to see the 2022 version when its released to see if they hit their projection.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, it provides 3 leading economic metrics of state (CT) GDP (48th), CT net domestic migration (43rd), and CT non-farm employment growth (47th). The overall rank for CT is 50th.

Connecticut ranks 50th right now, & looking back in recent history, but 39th in economic outlook...the near term future.

If this data is accurate, & their outlook model is sound, Connecticut has bottomed out, & is on an upward trend. I don't know if that positive trend is due to external, or internal controllable forces. I suppose covid is having a strong influence upon these metrics. Perhaps people fleeing NY & MA is benefitting CT?

Old 02-06-2022, 08:36 AM

34,935 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

This is the best web site I've found for all kinds of data & rankings about states' economic climate.

It appears to be ~1 year old, & it will be interesting to see the 2022 version when its released to see if they hit their projection.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, it provides 3 leading economic metrics of state (CT) GDP (48th), CT net domestic migration (43rd), and CT non-farm employment growth (47th). The overall rank for CT is 50th.

Connecticut ranks 50th right now, & looking back in recent history, but 39th in economic outlook...the near term future.

If this data is accurate, & their outlook model is sound, Connecticut has bottomed out, & is on an upward trend. I don't know if that positive trend is due to external, or internal controllable forces. I suppose covid is having a strong influence upon these metrics. Perhaps people fleeing NY & MA is benefitting CT?
First of all, this “analysis” uses outdated and incorrect population data. It shows our state having a loss of more than 200,000 residents from 2010 to 2019. The 2020 US Census showed our state actually gained more than 32,000 residents so this “analysis” is inaccurate. Any Economist will tell you that without significant population growth, it is difficult to achieve significant growth in GDP and employment.

Furthermore, this bases it’s finding strictly on growth and completely ignores the fact that Connecticut is already among the Top 5 states in per capita Gross Domestic Product, Household Income, Family Income and Disposable Income. These are FAR more indicative of a strong economy than growth.

Finally despite what Doom and Gloomers think, growth is not nearly as important or indicative of the future as the media contends. Economically Connecticut is at or near the top of the rankings as it has for decades now. You can’t argue with that. Jay

Old 02-06-2022, 09:41 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Very important information, as growth [or in this case, near stagnancy] determines not where we are today, but where we will be in 10 years.

Old 02-06-2022, 09:49 AM

89 posts, read 53,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Very important information, as growth [or in this case, near stagnancy] determines not where we are today, but where we will be in 10 years.
Not necessarily. With Connecticut already at the top in key indicators, there’s nothing saying it won’t remain there as Jay pointed out.

Old 02-06-2022, 10:23 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmarc View Post
Not necessarily. With Connecticut already at the top in key indicators, there’s nothing saying it won’t remain there as Jay pointed out.
Actually, there is literally something saying it may not remain there: slow to no growth compared with other states’ rapid growth.

I’ve posted links several times in this thread so I won’t repeat myself, but the information is there.

Old 02-06-2022, 11:14 AM

89 posts, read 53,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Actually, there is literally something saying it may not remain there: slow to no growth compared with other states’ rapid growth.

I’ve posted links several times in this thread so I won’t repeat myself, but the information is there.
Statistically that is incorrect. It would take a couple decades for that to change significantly and a lot can change in that time. This means nothing more than the state has slow growth because it has already reached the top. It’s not like GDP, employment and income grows wildly or is unlimited. It would be different if Connecticut had negative growth but that is not the case. Other states have along way to grow so they should grow faster. They need to catch up.

Old 02-06-2022, 11:15 AM

34,935 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Please do not start bickering about this again. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut