Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2020, 03:59 PM

332 posts, read 217,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Interesting article on the upcoming budget for the state. I hope Lamont keeps his fiscal conservancy. It’s served us well so far and we have a long way to go. Jay

https://ctmirror.org/2020/11/10/demo...budget-debate/
Lamont has done a fine job trying to get the state's financial house in order. Even Malloy did a decent job getting the ball rolling in the right direction on that front.

Old 11-10-2020, 04:46 PM

1,241 posts, read 901,324 times
I understand percentages and per capita quite well. Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to prove because you-for once- didn’t type in bold or all caps. COULD THAT BE IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
That poster came on the CT site.....posted falsehoods about CT......then told me he would give me "If you have any other questions about my life, feel free to ask.". He said it, I didn't.

And BTW, my woman's intuition says that posters from Republican states are trying to sow discord and lies in Democratic states. You can just tell by the tone and tenor of their posts. It's been their playbook for 4 years and it still continues.

I can't argue with a person that doesn't understand percentages and per capita information.

Old 11-10-2020, 09:54 PM

208 posts, read 113,763 times
Quote:
I thought in another post you said you lived near Houston?

So if Texas is so great why don't you cite the town and county you live in. At least give me the county so I compare to my own of Fairfield County.

No answer tells me volumes especially since you said you would answer any question I have.

So once again lived in Stamford and now Trumbull both in Fairfield County. I would like to compare my situation of living in Fairfield County to your town in Texas. You come on the CT page and you cast all these aspirations about CT but won't simply tell us where you are. If your town/county in Texas is so great why don't you list the town like I listed my town/county in CT.

Thank You in advance for your reply.
I do live not far from Houston. The county I live in is much more diverse, racially and economically, than Fairfield County. We have poorer towns and cities and more affluent cities, so the county average would not tell you much about life here. We have great schools, and not so great schools, depending on what municipality you live in.

Big, diverse states are very different from Connecticut.

Last edited by JayCT; 11-11-2020 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: Removed personal attack

Old 11-10-2020, 10:09 PM

2,000 posts, read 1,863,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike320 View Post
I do live not far from Houston. The county I live in is much more diverse, racially and economically, than Fairfield County. We have poorer towns and cities and more affluent cities, so the county average would not tell you much about life here. We have great schools, and not so great schools, depending on what municipality you live in.

I stated this before that ct is very hard to compare to certain states due to its size. Rhode Island or Delaware but when comparing ct to Texas California or sc the numbers get all out of week. Its easier to compare County to county or a metro area to a metro area but that would be closer than state per say cause they are alot of states when you get an hour outside of the major area it looks like a 3rd world country and that area is factored in to state totals.

Last edited by JayCT; 11-11-2020 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: Removed quote personal attack

Old 11-11-2020, 06:46 AM

21,616 posts, read 31,186,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
I stated this before that ct is very hard to compare to certain states due to its size. Rhode Island or Delaware but when comparing ct to Texas California or sc the numbers get all out of week. Its easier to compare County to county or a metro area to a metro area but that would be closer than state per say cause they are alot of states when you get an hour outside of the major area it looks like a 3rd world country and that area is factored in to state totals.
I have always said this. By almost any metric, it’s hard to compare CT to a state like TX, CA or FL. To accurately compare, the numbers must be metro area vs metro area.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:04 AM

4,316 posts, read 4,203,050 times
Quote:
No kidding.

I'm not a rocket scientist but I am a graphic artist and on the whole CT looks a hell of a lot more hotter/desirable than the whole of Texas right now.

I am going to take a guess that by the maps below about 65% of CT is hot while about 15% of Texas is hot. A realtor I know in CT just posted this.
Attachment 225080
https://www.realtor.com/research/market-trends

Like you said, numbers don't lie.

STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT TOWN/COUNTY YOU ARE IN.

USA has over 3000 counties, and tens of thousands of towns/cities. Not sure what a comparison between two random counties (one in CT and one in TX) would show. And there are so many variables between counties, and so much more variables between our own lives.

Although you asked me for my address, social security number and credit card, I think you meant Pike320.

He refused repeatedly to give you personal info. Not sure why you insist.

Old 11-11-2020, 08:19 AM

752 posts, read 552,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike320 View Post
I am not willing to believe you have good intentions. I will not doxx myself.

Sounds like Montgomery County-- But I could be wrong.

This is a great point. Even The Woodlands-- a great area by any measure-- doesn't really compare with Fairfield County in any way. Even though it's widely considered an affluent area, the housing is significantly, cheaper, newer and provides tons more value than any town in Connecticut. You just can't compare the two. The Woodlands has excellent schools, but some neighboring towns, not so much. Even the schools in The Woodlands itself vary.

Looking at other areas of the Houston Metro, it's still difficult to make comparisons. Meyerland, which is also upscale, has no parallel in Fairfield County that I know of.

But, I think that's what makes the country fun. From Austin, I moved back to Connecticut, where I grew up, about 12 years ago. Now, when the pandemic subsides I want to try something else. The Woodlands is on the list, not because it's like Connecticut, but because it's different.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:39 PM

208 posts, read 113,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I have always said this. By almost any metric, it’s hard to compare CT to a state like TX, CA or FL. To accurately compare, the numbers must be metro area vs metro area.
Even the metro area would not tell you much about where I live. This metro area is two adjacent cities, with very different economies. The average of the two is meaningless, because you either live in one or the other.

Now if you were to look at the economic statistics of just the city where I live, you also would get a misleading view. Probably 40K to 50K of our population are students living off campus. They look to be poor because they have low or even zero incomes. Nearly all of them are not poor; they are financed by their parents.

If you could get the economic statistics of the part of the city I live in, you would start to get a clearer picture of what living here is like for “normal” households. That data is not available as far as I know, but it would look quite a bit like an affluent town in Fairfield County. Except for the real estate prices, which are much lower here.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:58 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,903,161 times
Enough with the off topic discussion. Please return to the topic of the OP which is the economy in Connecticut. JayCT, Moderator

Old 11-15-2020, 09:00 PM

34,007 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Simon Property giving lender back title to its interest in Waterford's Crystal Mall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...NOK?li=BBnbfcN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut