Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2019, 09:51 PM

18 posts, read 21,354 times

Advertisements

Scary to be a business owner in CT at the moment and for a while now. Taxes, taxes, taxes, and now all these tolls? Our company drives a lot of miles in CT and we will be forced to calculate this into our future budget. So many companies have left this state, and that trend will only continue under this current GOV. in MY opinion! How can we reverse this trend here? It was not that long ago where CT was considered to be one of the more affluent states in the whole country. Now look at us. More people moving out than moving in.. Such a mess. I am here still for business and family and that is all. Anyways, just my.02 cents, thanks for listening!

Old 04-04-2019, 08:22 AM

413 posts, read 317,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I don't understand what you think a newly elected governor can do? He can't wish away the huge pile of debt that has to be repaid. He can't wish away all that unfunded pension liability. He's stuck with all those union contracts. He's stuck with the gigantic Medicaid bill for all the poor people and elderly in long term care who ran out of money. He's stuck with the Hartford money pit.

The only problem is he is stuck with Democrat beliefs. Trump has more than doubled the Obama economy by cutting regulations and taxes. Try it. It works.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:01 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbeer View Post
The only problem is he is stuck with Democrat beliefs. Trump has more than doubled the Obama economy by cutting regulations and taxes. Try it. It works.

Fake news.

GDP growth the last 2 years has been barely 2% in spite of the massive deficit spending and historically low interest rates.

Do Fox News people actually believe Trump doubled the economy?

Old 04-04-2019, 12:30 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
? Anyone familiar with whats going on with Naugatuck and the inland port ? Heard about it recently for the first time and it is a def. in regards to happening. Guess the State has to front some money for new tracks. Would this really be a huge economic boom for the Valley?

Old 04-04-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Fake news.

GDP growth the last 2 years has been barely 2% in spite of the massive deficit spending and historically low interest rates.

Do Fox News people actually believe Trump doubled the economy?
He has more than doubled the economy. Real GDP in 2017 was 2.47% and in 2018 it was 3.08%. Complete list since 1930 here -- https://www.multpl.com/us-real-gdp-g.../table/by-year

Here is a secondary source which lists the growth as 2.2% in 2017 and 2.9% in 2018. https://www.statista.com/statistics/...es-since-1990/

So, he has more than doubled Obama's real GDP of 1.2% for his eight years in the White House. Even more impressive, he has done it with the Fed raising rates while the previous administration had round after round of historically low rates and federal easing (which has ceased).

You have to be in denial to live in Connecticut and believe Democrat economic policies work. They never have and never will.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:14 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
Quote:
He has more than doubled the economy. Real GDP in 2017 was 2.47% and in 2018 it was 3.08%.

So if I had $100 in 2016 and I have $106 now, I've doubled my money?

Besides, real economic growth in 2017 was 2.2% and 2.9% in 2018. You only get those Trumpian numbers by playing games with the inflation calculation. Recall that we had 2.8% inflation last year. Trump used chained CPI to jack the numbers up, not that Faux News would disclose such a thing. There is a very high risk that Trump's moron spiking of the economy with the huge deficit in good economic times is going to cause a massively hard landing that makes Dubya's mess look like nuthin'.

Obama's real GDP growth in 2015 was 2.9%.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:49 AM

You have no idea what the economy is or how it works. It is not based on how much money GeoffD has.

Yep Obama's best year was 2.9%.

His REAL GDP growth for his 8 years in the White House was 1.2%. The lowest (worst) of any president since World War Two.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:01 PM

184 posts, read 106,509 times
Quote:

His REAL GDP growth for his 8 years in the White House was 1.2%. The lowest (worst) of any president since World War Two.
That is because he took over with the economy in dire straits thanks to the previous (republican in case you forgot) administration. Pretty easy to make Obama's 8 years look bad when he had no control over what he was taking over - and he should get way more credit for getting it turned around - and that was with the R's going out of their way to make sure he could not do it. What was Obama's real GDP his last 4 years in office, or last 2? I would bet pretty much inline to what Trump has done.

Trump has been able to benefit from all the hard work that Obama and his policies brought. Fact.

Now 2 years in, and with Trump's tax cuts last year really taking effect, we get to see what if any difference it will make going forward.

But yeah - comparing 8 years of Obama to two years of Trump when one guy took over one of the worst economies ever, to a guy who took over with an economy in great shape is looking for excuses to claim your guy is the best ever. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

Last edited by NUHuskies01; 04-05-2019 at 12:26 PM..

Old 04-05-2019, 01:14 PM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUHuskies01 View Post
That is because he took over with the economy in dire straits thanks to the previous (republican in case you forgot) administration. Pretty easy to make Obama's 8 years look bad when he had no control over what he was taking over - and he should get way more credit for getting it turned around - and that was with the R's going out of their way to make sure he could not do it. What was Obama's real GDP his last 4 years in office, or last 2? I would bet pretty much inline to what Trump has done.

Trump has been able to benefit from all the hard work that Obama and his policies brought. Fact.

Now 2 years in, and with Trump's tax cuts last year really taking effect, we get to see what if any difference it will make going forward.

But yeah - comparing 8 years of Obama to two years of Trump when one guy took over one of the worst economies ever, to a guy who took over with an economy in great shape is looking for excuses to claim your guy is the best ever. But whatever helps you sleep at night.
Exactly. Despite what the Republicans say, today’s great economy is an extension of the economy Obama built from the mess Bush/Cheney left. Jay

Old 04-05-2019, 05:53 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Exactly. Despite what the Republicans say, today’s great economy is an extension of the economy Obama built from the mess Bush/Cheney left. Jay
I actually laughed out loud at this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut