Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2013, 12:57 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times

Advertisements

Yup, can't stress this enough.. enjoy this week guys. Upper 60s/70s out there.

Get outside and breath it in.

Quickly looking at the Euro just now, it looks like models are starting to all agree that things will be changing next week for the colder.

Whoever said there wont be any below normal days till mid November I hope they have a small foot. LOL

Old 10-15-2013, 05:33 PM

Today a High of 72° at Windsor Locks, Hartford and Meriden.
71° in Danbury.

At least the grass I planted 2 weeks ago are doing well. Wish I had more than 1/2" of rain in 4 weeks though. Had to waste the sprinkler on them

Old 10-15-2013, 07:12 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,366,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I assume you're being "tongue in cheek".....
Yea....I hope so.

We've had a really nice September and October...sunny, warm, dry....how that can be "gross" to anyone I don't know. We all have saved a bit on heating this month, that alone is a win/win to me.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:29 PM

754 posts, read 1,018,622 times
No it's suppose to be crisp and cool with slight overcast. I wanna wear a hoodie or jacket.

This is summer weather and I hate it.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:10 PM

26,428 posts, read 46,599,435 times
If this blocking pattern in the east Pacific is a sign of things to come it will only be a matter of time before areas east of the Mississippi River start dealing with winter weather events. I'm predicting early November, a good three weeks earlier than last year- at least in my area.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:48 AM

11,299 posts, read 18,895,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Yea....I hope so.

We've had a really nice September and October...sunny, warm, dry....how that can be "gross" to anyone I don't know. We all have saved a bit on heating this month, that alone is a win/win to me.
And cool enough to save on A/C too, really "win/win".

Old 10-16-2013, 04:58 AM

Status quo next few days maybe into next week. Enjoy it.

Next chances of rain is Friday. Weak system I hope we can squeeze out some rains from it! Rides along a front.

Great. Last time Upton said heavier rains stays N&W of NYC we got nothing. lol
They mention the trend we have been in lately with the rains.

LONG TERM /THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY/...
AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WITH ASSOCIATED POSITIVE POTENTIAL
VORTICITY ANOMALY AND SURFACE LOW DEVELOPING IN THE SOUTH CENTRAL
U.S. WILL BE APPROACHING THE REGION BY THURSDAY NIGHT. THIS LOW
PRESSURE WAVE WILL HAVE THE STRONGEST FORCING WITHIN THE LONG TERM
PERIOD AND AS A RESULT...HIGHER CHANCES OF SHOWERS. AGAIN...LIKE
SYSTEMS OF LATE...A GREATER FRACTION OF THE RAINFALL IS FORECAST TO
BE NORTH AND WEST OF NEW YORK CITY. LOWS THURSDAY NIGHT WERE 3/4 MET
AND 1/4 MAV...WEIGHED MORE HEAVILY TOWARDS THE WARMER MOS.

THE WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE EXITS FRIDAY MORNING WITH SHOWERS ENDING
FROM WEST TO EAST. RELATIVELY STRONGER NEGATIVE VORTICITY ADVECTION
IS SHOWN BEHIND THE WAVE WITH A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE BEGINNING TO
BUILD IN...PROMOTING CLEARING SKIES. ADIABATIC WARMING FROM MIXING
DOWN BETWEEN 850MB AND 900MB WILL ALLOW FOR A WARMER DAY WITH A
SURFACE FLOW OUT OF THE WEST TO NORTHWEST. FORECAST HIGHS RANGE FROM
THE UPPER 60S TO LOWER 70S BETWEEN 5 AND 10 DEGREES ABOVE NORMAL.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
No it's suppose to be crisp and cool with slight overcast. I wanna wear a hoodie or jacket.

I agree and disagree.

Yes, October and fall need to be crisp, cool, and slightly cloudy.
But No, its more like Spring not summer weather.

FYI.....

Bridgeport, CT (BDR) is not only having the warmest October on record at 63.0° but it's also at the driest on record with just .26". It's been a few months since entering a Top 10 stat. Here we go.

July also was the warmest month on record at BDR

Old 10-16-2013, 05:48 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,363,571 times
Quote:

Eh? I've been wearing a jacket here and there for 2 weeks. In the middle of the state and especially in the morning it's been quite nice. Just cool enough to require a jacket and warm enough that if you're walking or doing physical activity outside you don't need one but are still comfortable.

Calling this summer weather might imply you are native to Anchorage.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:50 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,366,619 times
Quote:

Summer weather is not highs in the 60's and 70's F....it's 80's and 90's F. Temps in the 60's are perfect fall weather I think. In our area the normal highs are in the 60's in October...not the 50's F or 40's F. To be fair, I think you are expecting the climate of the Tri-State area to be something it's not.

As far as the sunshine I get what your saying...but I think many people forget how far south the Tri-State area is (and the USA as a whole); We are located (roughly) near 40 latitude....about the same latitude as parts of the Mediterranean Sea (southern Italy, Portugal, Spain, Turkey...etc) and Japan. Would you expect overcast weather in those regions this time of year? We are far enough south that the polar front jet and storms are still to our north in October for the most part.

You would like locations closer to 50 latitude (Seattle, London, Poland,...etc) this time of year - they are already cloudy since they are closer to the main storm track.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut