Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 06:01 AM

83,528 posts, read 75,355,132 times

Advertisements

FYI I dont see "many more" 90s for us now. Ridge out west and a persistant trough in northern New England will tame temps. Usually end of July and August and even September we would see a few 90s but I "think" you'll be lucky to see more than 5 more days of 90s this year.

Who wants to make a friendly bet? I say 5 more days or less with a max temp of 90+ this year. There will be more 70s as the high then 90s rest of this summer. Entire New England (including CT).

Old 07-23-2012, 07:07 AM

11,300 posts, read 18,895,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
FYI I dont see "many more" 90s for us now. Ridge out west and a persistant trough in northern New England will tame temps. Usually end of July and August and even September we would see a few 90s but I "think" you'll be lucky to see more than 5 more days of 90s this year.

Who wants to make a friendly bet? I say 5 more days or less with a max temp of 90+ this year. There will be more 70s as the high then 90s rest of this summer. Entire New England (including CT).
I agree because it would be the same deal as last year, a very (almost all-time record) July, followed by a very near-normal August (i.e. Central Park had just 3 90-degree days, two of them on the 1st and 2nd and was just 0.1-deg above normal). All the 10-day outlooks I see only show tomorrow as potential over 90 degrees.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 PM

Default Winter Outlook 2012-13

Accuweather's first look at the Winter coming up. To sum it up, they believe the Northern Jet stream will dip down bringing cold air into the East while the southern Jet stream is active down below. (recipe for snowstorms) In El Ninos we typically do get 2 active Jets.

NOAA agrees with he southern Jet but keeps us above normal all winter because the northern Jet stays in Canada.

Accuweather First Winter Outlook 2012-13 - YouTube

Paul Pastelok. "The 2012-2013 Winter Season is expected to be a busy year, especially the East which had very little snowfall when compared to last year. Last year was also a mild winter for many areas extending from the northern Plains to the Northeast. After a record-breaking March, we stepped into a summer that so far has not let up with intense heat and drought impacting the center of the nation. We believe that these past events will impact the weather for this coming Fall and Winter Season.

For the East, snowfall may average above normal across the mid-Atlantic into southern New England.

We believe that snowfall will average closer to normal for the interior Northeast through northern New England. The Southeast can be wetter than normal with cooler temperatures. The stormtrack may be dominated by the southern branch the first part of the season, until the northern jet increases in strengthen with more opportunities for phasing mid- to late season. This means more widespread rain than snow events early or storms passing off the Southeast coast and out to sea. The question still remains how much blocking sets up this year"

Old 07-23-2012, 03:32 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Is it just me or has allergens been really bad the last few days?

Old 07-23-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I dont have allergies but the few people I know who do havent complained about them. No report around here except Albany has moderate grass and low mold counts.

Where do you notice it more? Have you change your filter in the home? Or any mold spores anywhere?

NAB Pollen Counts | AAAAI

Old 07-23-2012, 06:51 PM

Weather Channel predicts a below-normal August for most of the East Coast:

Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Weather Channel predicts a below-normal August for most of the East Coast:
Nice. NAO forecasted to stay negative and go deeper. I heard some reasons how or why the NAO "could" continue negative for winter. But who knows.

You should post that here too. https://www.city-data.com/forum/weath...august-28.html

Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
I dont have allergies but the few people I know who do havent complained about them. No report around here except Albany has moderate grass and low mold counts.

Where do you notice it more? Have you change your filter in the home? Or any mold spores anywhere?

NAB Pollen Counts | AAAAI
I don't see signs of mold inside except for tiny spots on bathroom ceiling. Which is surprising given that my house gets humid easily. Like now for instance. Temp is 72/73 inside but humidity is at 59. I turned my ac off an hour ago, humidity dropped to 48ish and its already climbed to 58.
I think I'm going to have to save up for a whole house dehumidifier. I think the humidity which certain things like mold thrive in, is part of the problem.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Nice. NAO forecasted to stay negative and go deeper. I heard some reasons how or why the NAO "could" continue negative for winter. But who knows.

You should post that here too. https://www.city-data.com/forum/weath...august-28.html
I just did, someone already noted (and debated) TWC's prediction, but I added the map and noted Central Park almost having a below normal August last year despite a super-hot July. I don't go into the Weather subforum too often because I'd probably spend all day in there LOL!

Old 07-24-2012, 05:34 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,904,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
It seems worse the last few days. I've noticed some of my family always feel a little more uncomfortable after a rain, maybe it's a mold thing. Rain usually eases pollen allergies, or so I've heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut