Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 03:20 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,017,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I also do not like Giovanni's (a.k.a. the Hooters of Glastonbury). I use to think it was okay but now think it is horrible. Not sure if they changed the way it is made, if they premake it and just reheat or if my tastes have improved. Luna is okay but different. Jay
Well that certainly explains the "scenery" last time I was there.

Perhaps they did go down hill because a while back, it seemed to be okay. Not great, but decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 06:35 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,925,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
It's the Italian engineer/fabricator in me. I can't help myself. You should see the counter to ceiling travertine backsplash that goes 19 linear feet around the hood, kitchen window etc. I tend to over do things when it comes to details and design. Heh... My wife just shakes her head and walks away.

Actually believe it or not, the place I got it from in CA was about half the cost of many other units I looked at and that kind of sealed the deal. I agree, they work great. I went from a 6 speed sports car to a 6 speed range hood. ROFL.
No wonder your taxes are so high! Ya got a (ranch is it?) Normal on outside, breakers mansion on the inside! I make my wife cook on the gas grill I dragged into the kitchen...

Old 03-30-2011, 07:23 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,092,771 times
we went to Giovannis once and haven't been back, thought it was NG. Whole foods will pretty much make any pizza you want with the best ingreditents they have.

One morning in there they had a "breakfast pizza" with thin slized bosc pears, brie, basil leaves, and a drizzle of honey. Wow was that good.

Oh forgot about this one, for good Chinese Butterfly's in West Hartford not bad at all...not bad at all.

Oh and for Braza's in West Hartford (the brazilian BBQ place) my humble opinion, has gone downhill, was amazing when they first opened in 2005 or so. Went there last fall, service slow, meats all tough, nothing really exotic, ( I went to one in NY they had ostrich, buffalo, kangaroo, etc) meat was all overcooked to us, maybe 8 selections? And they used to make a mean sangria, we ordered again, wow was like red fruit punch with a can of fruit cocktail mixed in it. What gives?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:40 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Bizarre noone mentioned the Gates restaurant in New Canaan. Great food.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 AM

I need my pancake fix too.

Folks, barring iHOP and the bizarre diners with white metal all over, please sound off on your best pancake places in and around Stamford, Norwalk and Greenwich...........

I need my pancake fix and I sorely miss the great ones they make in the South and the mid-West. I hate taking the train to new york for good brunch places.

I mean, seriously????

Old 03-31-2011, 09:07 AM

21,782 posts, read 28,131,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I need my pancake fix too.

Folks, barring iHOP and the bizarre diners with white metal all over, please sound off on your best pancake places in and around Stamford, Norwalk and Greenwich...........

I need my pancake fix and I sorely miss the great ones they make in the South and the mid-West. I hate taking the train to new york for good brunch places.

I mean, seriously????
Go to Chip's in Orange. Worth the drive.

Also King's in Newtown.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
Go to Chip's in Orange. Worth the drive.

Also King's in Newtown.
Orange sounds nice. Are there any attractions one can find in the city apart from Chip's Might as well spend all Saturday there

Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 AM

What the pan F cake

They have a diverse pancake variety, man! Any idea of the size of the pancakes?? I'd be disappointed if they were the tiny iHOP rounds

Chips Family Restaurant - "The Best Pancakes Around"

Old 03-31-2011, 10:20 AM

21,782 posts, read 28,131,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Orange sounds nice. Are there any attractions one can find in the city apart from Chip's Might as well spend all Saturday there
Orange, not really. But nearby Milford or New Haven are great ways to spend a Saturday. New Haven if you're into seeing museums, theater, and maybe a great dinner.

Milford is less of a haul for you if you want a more coastal experience. Downtown Milford is very nice and has shopping attractions, bars, restaurants, and a beautiful harbor. Also, Silver Sands State Beach and about 10 town beaches. And the parking stickers are rarely enforced on those beaches (but don't take my word on it).

If you go to Milford, I can make some dinner recommendations.

To answer your question about pancake size, they are HUGE and fluffy. Puts IHOP to shame.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:30 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,875,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
Orange, not really.
LOL. If one is a shopper, i'm sure they'll find plenty of stores to keep them occupied for the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut