Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 11:12 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Their entree's are "edible", but their appetizers are not. At all.
Personally, I can't eat at any of those chains. They're a step above fast food in quality, and a step below in being absolutely awful for you. The prices aren't low enough to make it worth it for me over better independently owned restaurants.

With the exception of a few I can tolerate: Buffalo Wild Wings, Cheesecake Factory, Ruby Tuesday come to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 02:40 AM

79 posts, read 203,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig1985 View Post
Do you mean Steak Loft in Central? I cant find a steak loft in Stamford. Address please.

As I said, "until last year". That's when the owner closed it and the seafooder downstairs. It's now the excellent Indian restaurant Tawa, 211 Summer St, across from Barcelona.

Thus my lament for a good NY style steakhouse in Southern FFD cty... Mortons and Capitol Grille don't qualify.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:25 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
Personally, I can't eat at any of those chains. They're a step above fast food in quality, and a step below in being absolutely awful for you. The prices aren't low enough to make it worth it for me over better independently owned restaurants.

With the exception of a few I can tolerate: Buffalo Wild Wings, Cheesecake Factory, Ruby Tuesday come to mind.
correct, I'm not a fan of any of those "step above mcdonalds chain restaurants" but if I have to pic 2, cheesecacke factory or P.F. Changs would be o/k, but agreed, cuisine in most of them you can feel your arteries clogging as you eat..lol.

Dont even get me started on places like Olive Garden, went there once cause wife won a free gift certificate at work. I didn't know you could mess up salad, but they did. Pasta? Wow, I couldn't even swallow it. Yet people line up outside to get a seat there. I love those commercials, they treat you like family. If I brought my relatives from Rome or Naples there, they would probably shoot me.

I'll say it again, for AUTHENTIC Italian, can't beat the Cantina Cafe in Middletown. Gnocchi as good as my grandma used to make. A must go if you like good Southern Italian.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
Dont even get me started on places like Olive Garden, went there once cause wife won a free gift certificate at work. I didn't know you could mess up salad, but they did. Pasta? Wow, I couldn't even swallow it. Yet people line up outside to get a seat there. I love those commercials, they treat you like family. If I brought my relatives from Rome or Naples there, they would probably shoot me.
I think a lot of people eat there out of ignorance and fall to marketing. Or just like everything fatty, starchy and without flavor. I don't know. But their prices are not that low, and you can usually eat at good Italian restaurants for about the same price.

I will add Bertucci's to the list of tolerable chains. It ain't bad. Also Outback, Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:40 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
I think a lot of people eat there out of ignorance and fall to marketing. Or just like everything fatty, starchy and without flavor. I don't know. But their prices are not that low, and you can usually eat at good Italian restaurants for about the same price.

I will add Bertucci's to the list of tolerable chains. It ain't bad. Also Outback, Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse.
What's up with everybody liking the Roadhouse??? I just don't see the appeal. The quality of their steak is marginal(although i do appreciate being able to view the marginal product before ordering) and the apps are of the frozen greasy garbage off the Sysco truck variety.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
What's up with everybody liking the Roadhouse??? I just don't see the appeal. The quality of their steak is marginal(although i do appreciate being able to view the marginal product before ordering) and the apps are of the frozen greasy garbage off the Sysco truck variety.
I've had some OK steaks there. I wouldn't call them marginal. Nothing spectacular for sure, and I'd rather just go to Central if I'm in that vicinity.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:56 AM

34,937 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
I will add Bertucci's to the list of tolerable chains.
See now I can't stand Bertucci's. The food is too salty for my taste. There are so many great pizza places why would anyone go there? I have to say I agree with not liking Olive Garden either. Again why go there when there are so many better choices for the same price. Jay

Old 03-28-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
See now I can't stand Bertucci's. The food is too salty for my taste. There are so many great pizza places why would anyone go there? I have to say I agree with not liking Olive Garden either. Again why go there when there are so many better choices for the same price. Jay
When I lived near Danbury, sadly - Bertucci's had probably the best pizza, until Pizzeria Laurentano opened in Bethel.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:17 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
When I lived near Danbury, sadly - Bertucci's had probably the best pizza, until Pizzeria Laurentano opened in Bethel.
Bambino's on the west side of Danbury had fantastic pizza. That said, I always loved the service I got at that Bertuccis - very nice staff (this was 8 or 9 years ago, not sure how it is now).

Old 03-28-2011, 12:23 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
I never bothered with their pizza, but the calzones at Bertucci's were good the couple times that i had them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut