Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 09:10 PM

3 posts, read 5,781 times

Advertisements

Bridgeport or New Haven?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 09:25 PM

257 posts, read 610,632 times
I think New Haven has more to offer.

Maybe it's because I watch too much Family Guy though.....xD

Old 12-29-2010, 09:26 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,891,071 times
I like the title of this thread. Straight and to the point!

Old 12-30-2010, 07:20 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,690,144 times
Really depends on a street by street basis and your economic ability to improve your "view" of the cities. I'm sure the $$$ million dollar Yalies think new haven is just fine, and the Families in the mansions behind 8 foot walls by St Mary's seawall in black rock think BPT is just fine

Old 12-30-2010, 07:33 AM

21,634 posts, read 31,242,597 times
They both have crap parts, and they both have decent parts. Overall, New Haven is much nicer.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:05 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,145,815 times
I'm not sure either city is a hell-hole. Ever been to East St. Louis or Gary, In?

I think New Haven has more to offer. I think the big advantage that New Haven has is a walkable downtown entertainment district. I was thinking my next move might be to New Haven. Who knows?

Old 12-30-2010, 09:12 AM

34,958 posts, read 57,016,055 times
I really have to question the purpose of this thread. Is it just another opening to bash one city or another? What purpose does it serve other than to dredge up topics covered in other threads? I am going to watch this thread carefully and if I see it turning into a bash, I will shut it down. JayCT, Moderator

Old 12-30-2010, 10:33 AM

257 posts, read 610,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I really have to question the purpose of this thread. Is it just another opening to bash one city or another? What purpose does it serve other than to dredge up topics covered in other threads? I am going to watch this thread carefully and if I see it turning into a bash, I will shut it down. JayCT, Moderator
OP should change the post to "which city has more to offer"

I thought it was a good topic to see what peoples opinions on the two cities are, including the metro areas as a whole.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:47 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,871,857 times
ivw lived in both short term...

new haven has a good active scene, theres plenty to do on a normal daily basis with yale right there and all...
bridgeport however has the super easy acess to the water.

both have nice areas and realy realy sucky areas, but since im not into clubs and bars and love the water i have to say i prefer bridgeport overall. (my dads sail boat is at captains cove), i also find black rock stunning and love the architecture in the city.

i guess i see alot of potential in bridgeport, whereas new haven has more going on but less suited to my personality.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,449,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
ivw lived in both short term...

new haven has a good active scene, theres plenty to do on a normal daily basis with yale right there and all...
bridgeport however has the super easy acess to the water.

both have nice areas and realy realy sucky areas, but since im not into clubs and bars and love the water i have to say i prefer bridgeport overall. (my dads sail boat is at captains cove), i also find black rock stunning and love the architecture in the city.

i guess i see alot of potential in bridgeport, whereas new haven has more going on but less suited to my personality.
True; each city is better for certain people than the other. My preference is Bridgeport since I grew up there and love Seaside, Captain's Cove, Beardsley Park, and hanging out at Mountaingrove Cemetery (gorgeous sculptures and beautiful ponds where you can sit and read). However, New Haven is definitely more geared towards socializing and that could be more appealing to certain people. As far as bad areas go, I've had multiple friends get jumped in the North End of Bridgeport on Main St. and near Beardsley Park during the middle of the day so there aren't any areas completely devoid of crime. I don't know much about New Haven crime, but the same could probably be said of that city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut