Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:51 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,010,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
For Hotmail to properly work, you will have to add all 3 entries I boxed in green.

At work I am using FF 10.x and at home I have version 7.0.1 (I don't allow auto update for FF, search engines or add-ons). I will stick with a version where everything is working the way I like unless an issues surfaces due to a bug or vulnerability.

Oldtimer, I mean toilet, if none of our suggestions helped out, then take a screenshot of the NoScript list after opening Hotmail.com so we can see what it looks like.

As Tek mentioned, check your FF and NoScript version, update as necessary or for testing purpose at least. Also as Kazyn mentioned, a corrupt static data in the cache could jack things up. You could use a temp file cleaner as I mentioned to clear them up or you can do within Firefox.

From the Menu bar on top: Tools > Options
1. First click on Privacy tab and clear out the History and Cookies
2. Then click on Advanced tab then the Network tab down below to clear the cache which would be the likely cause.

No need to insult with the "old timer", "toilet" remarks. You ageist or something?

Just to clear things up: Firefox, no-script and hotmail were working fine when the hotmail stopped working. All of a sudden last weekend my hotmail went haywire. I clear the cache all the time so there wasn't anything there to clear

Firefox version: 11.0
No-script: 2.3.5

I like no-script, have been using it for years, along with firefox. I will continue using no-script and probably change my email provider. (or just work around it) I just hate to do that after being accustomed to it. It just stopped working, out of the blue.

Thank you all for your expertise and time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,444,182 times
Things update, stuff breaks. Did you add all the sites to it? It still does not function?

(I'd go to gmail, better provider anyway)

Old 03-27-2012, 08:20 AM

8,345 posts, read 13,493,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
No need to insult with the "old timer", "toilet" remarks. You ageist or something?
Wow, why would I take my sweet time and try to help you if I assumed you were old(er) than me if I was ageist or something?

I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect. I was being silly but obviously hit the wrong button.

MissBlueberry 's post is very likely to be SPAM. Do NOT click on those links!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,762,588 times
Out of curiosity since you didn't respond to it; did you remove Hotmail from the whitelist close FF reopen it, etc?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:26 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,762,588 times
Quote:
Wow, why would I take my sweet time and try to help you if I assumed you were old(er) than me if I was ageist or something?

I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect. I was being silly but obviously hit the wrong button.

MissBlueberry 's post is very likely to be SPAM. Do NOT click on those links!
How did MissBlueberry get in here? Who is she?

Old 03-27-2012, 01:50 PM

8,345 posts, read 13,493,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
How did MissBlueberry get in here? Who is she?
Spammers are getting more sophisticated. S/he got in, dropped two posts then got tagged. They exploit the weaknesses in registration engine's algorithm using god-knows-what software. Once one or two gets in, many usually follows unless the C-D IT people do something to prevent it.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Out of curiosity since you didn't respond to it; did you remove Hotmail from the whitelist close FF reopen it, etc?

Sorry, thought I had. Yes, I removed and then replaced. Still didn't work. Hotmail now works when I do the "temporary allow all of this page" from no script.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:

Oldtimer, I mean toilet, if none of our suggestions helped out, then take a screenshot of the NoScript list after opening Hotmail.com so we can see what it looks like.

When I read the above post I felt it was an insult. Calling someone "oldtimer", or "toilet" isn't exactly a compliment. So, the "oldtimer" was where I figured you might be ageist and the "toilet" remark...well, that speaks for itself. Anywho...apology accepted.
And what is this about a blueberry? I didn't see any posts....

Old 03-28-2012, 07:16 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,444,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
When I read the above post I felt it was an insult. Calling someone "oldtimer", or "toilet" isn't exactly a compliment. So, the "oldtimer" was where I figured you might be ageist and the "toilet" remark...well, that speaks for itself. Anywho...apology accepted.
And what is this about a blueberry? I didn't see any posts....
you realize your username is "old toilets make good flower pots" right?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
you realize your username is "old toilets make good flower pots" right?

Of course. And the name is oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots, not old, not toilets, not make, not good, not flower, not pots.

Shall I take liberty and call you az?

Really, I have no control over what someone calls me on the internet...and I've been called some pretty snarkey names. It would have been best to just leave my being insulted out of the equation. Sometimes when people know something gets to you it is an incentive to do it even more. My fault for saying anything.

In the big picture I really don't give a rip...it was the moment when I read it, that has long passed and I have forgotten about it. Please feel free to do so as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers