Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 07:52 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,807,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Everything He tried to do was met with wrath from dems even canceling flights from china were called racist .even the dem bill was stupid with funds for abortion more important then saving lives.Dems like to kill OK I get that but saving American lives is what is at stake now.You can kill later be patient.
Was it the dems that turned down the test kits for Covid from the World Health Organization? Politico: How testing failures allowed coronavirus to sweep the U.S.
Was it the dems who said this is just a cold with Rush being that echo chamber? Nunes? Go out in public if you're healthy while the CDC is telling you to stay home? Disconnect much?

Everything he tried to do was met with wrath from the dems? Really? Like what? Lying about the 15 cases that will soon be zero? Slow walking testing to keep the numbers down and the stock market up. Did he meet with wrath from the dems because of his inept responses? I hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2020, 09:15 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,212,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Come back to this post in a week and reflect. You have 0 clue how epidemiology works.
It is funny how people on the interweb feel entitled to make assumptions and be a pompous asr when it comes to the crisis de jour.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:35 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,583,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
It is funny how people on the interweb feel entitled to make assumptions and be a pompous asr when it comes to the crisis de jour.
I come by my arrogance honestly. I listen to experts smarter than me and repeat with confidence. They’ve been right every single step of the way with this “crisis de (sic) jour” (this is a watershed moment in history by the way). You just sound whiny and entitled like you know better than them. You get to keep your mouth shut once hospitals start implementing triage.

Last edited by Westerner92; 03-17-2020 at 09:48 AM..

Old 03-17-2020, 09:41 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
The point was that it is NOT a crisis du jour (fixed your pompous grammar mistakes both Latin and French) but a real crisis. Even though this disease is usually not fatal, the consequences of treating it as “just like cold or flu” has a huge ripple effect that includes higher-than-normal fatalities.

Meanwhile, the only things you have kept whining about are restrictions on skiing and gym workouts. How adult of you.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:44 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,944,976 times
Personally if it keeps people safe I'm fine with the closures. I'm also giving my tenants a break in there rent for April.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:51 AM

8,607 posts, read 14,908,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
The point was that it is NOT a crisis du jour (fixed your pompous grammar mistakes both Latin and French) but a real crisis. Even though this disease is usually not fatal, the consequences of treating it as “just like cold or flu” has a huge ripple effect that includes higher-than-normal fatalities.

Meanwhile, the only things you have kept whining about are restrictions on skiing and gym workouts. How adult of you.
It's not only that. The hospitalization rate of COVID-19 is high. 5-10% of people who get it need to be hospitalized. So, using that stupid Swine Flu comparison that people are sharing out of context, if 50 million people get COVID-19, anywhere from 2.5 million to 5 million will need to be hospitalized (compared to 200,000 for Swine Flu). 500,000-750,000 people will die (compared to 12,000 for swine flu).

We don't have enough hospital beds and ventilators to let this go unchecked. People who might otherwise have made it had they been admitted will die. That raises the mortality rate.

People just need to stop being stupid about this. It's not a damn conspiracy. It's not a hoax. It's not "fake news." Even Dear Leader is finally admitting it's bad.

Last edited by bluescreen73; 03-17-2020 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: Adjusted hospitalization percentage down.

Old 03-17-2020, 09:51 AM

317 posts, read 476,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I'm also giving my tenants a break in there rent for April.
Thank you for doing this. I'm lucky enough to be able to work remotely right now but I've got so many friends that aren't able to work as a result of all of the closures. Actions like this mean a lot.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:25 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,419,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Personally if it keeps people safe I'm fine with the closures. I'm also giving my tenants a break in there rent for April.
My tenant who works a second job as petsitter just lost all 12 clients yesterday. I've cut their rent down to the bone for the duration of this emergency.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:33 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
I did see Colorado Springs Utilities suspended all cancellations for non-payment.
Bless them, I know ---and they will work out a monthly set payment.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,408,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
This virus remains viable on surfaces for 6-24 hours depending on the surface. It’s the main way community spread is established. Theaters are Petri dishes.
Gosh - I forgot - you are SO right...Petri dishes!! I was still in shock yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado