Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2021, 02:20 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,193,924 times

Advertisements

Question on unemployment benefits during covid.

My understanding is there are two programs in play from the stimulus bills
PEUC - This extends the state unemployment benefits beyond 26 weeks and is funded by the feds

PUA - This is the extra $300/week on top of the state benefits

If someone used up the initial 26 weeks of state unemployment, are they still getting the same amount they got from the state through the PEUC extension or are they only getting the $300/week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 05:34 AM

7,194 posts, read 9,335,600 times
King Soopers eliminating mask mandate for fully vaccinated customers, staff

https://gazette.com/news/king-sooper...9792eb843.html

"King Soopers will no longer require vaccinated customers and employees to wear masks in its stores starting Thursday unless mandated by local ordinances."

Old 05-21-2021, 06:43 AM

6,825 posts, read 10,531,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
King Soopers eliminating mask mandate for fully vaccinated customers, staff

https://gazette.com/news/king-sooper...9792eb843.html

"King Soopers will no longer require vaccinated customers and employees to wear masks in its stores starting Thursday unless mandated by local ordinances."
My gym has done the same thing.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:24 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
Ugh.

Service for KS pick up has been continuing to deteroriate, to the extent of making use of the program pretty much impossible - orders have gotten canceled or I've arrived for my scheduled pick up time only to be told "oh, we were supposed to call you, your order won't be ready for 4 hours"

And I was considering going back in person even though I don't like grocery shopping and actually used the Clicklist service prior to COVID. But even though I'm fully vaccinated, I'm not comfortable with something like grocery shopping where I know that many people who have opted out of vaccinations will also opt out of mask wearing.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:30 AM

26,226 posts, read 49,085,600 times
Mesa County made the news today on MSNBC where Dr. Peter Hotez of Baylor University reported that 88% of the residents in Mesa County are UN-vaccinated and the ICU at the hospital is near capacity with COVID-19 patients.

CBS news says the SLV also is seeing an increase in cases and that almost all new cases in Mesa County are the Delta variant which originated in India and far more contagious than earlier variants.

More from CBS News.

The New York Times page for Mesa County; hospitalizations up 49% over two weeks ago.

Mesa County Health Department site.

There is a disconnect between data sources for Mesa County:
- MSNBC says 88% not vaccinated, i.e., 12% vaccinated.
- NYTimes says 35% fully vaccinated, i.e., 65% not vaccinated.

Dreadful side-effects noted in cases in India....loss of vision.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-23-2021 at 12:00 PM..

Old 06-23-2021, 01:48 PM

278 posts, read 450,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Mesa County made the news today on MSNBC where Dr. Peter Hotez of Baylor University reported that 88% of the residents in Mesa County are UN-vaccinated and the ICU at the hospital is near capacity with COVID-19 patients.

This situation was predicted back in late March on this forum. Start with posting #683 from this thread to refresh your memory. If you think COVID is over with us, please...think again.

Old 06-23-2021, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoSpin View Post
This situation was predicted back in late March on this forum. Start with posting #683 from this thread to refresh your memory. If you think COVID is over with us, please...think again.
Thank you. Post 683 is repeated below, bolding is mine as I feel the same, this thing is going to be around a while, will keep mutating and may mutate into something that will require whole new vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoSpin View Post
The only thing we can be sure of is that the number of seniors dying from this will be reduced, in the short run. But in the long run, when you take into account all the anti-vaxxers and children under 16 (who cannot be vaccinated), we're probably looking at 40% or more of the US population who will continue to provide a rich breeding ground for more COVID mutations and variants that may very well negate all the gains. Get your shot...as soon as you can. Do not hesitate.

Old 06-24-2021, 03:27 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,193,924 times
Mesa county shows 40% fully vaccinated. No idea where that 12% number came from.

Old 07-11-2021, 05:59 AM

7,194 posts, read 9,335,600 times
Nearly 200,000 Coloradans have skipped their 2nd COVID-19 vaccine dose

2 doses of Moderna and Pfizer vaccines offer significantly higher protection against the delta variant

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/07/1...-dose-skipped/

"More than 193,000 Coloradans have missed getting their second COVID-19 vaccination shot within the recommended timeframe, leaving them significantly more vulnerable to the delta variant of the coronavirus than if they had gotten the booster.

That number is small compared to the almost 3 million people who are fully immunized in the state. With more than 3.2 million Coloradans having received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, 6% remain only partially protected, according to the state health department."

"Getting Coloradans fully vaccinated is even more critical now that the more contagious — and potentially more severe — delta variant has become the dominant strain of the virus spreading in the state.

It’s estimated by the state’s COVID-19 modeling team that 90% of new infections in Colorado involve the delta variant and only 52% of the state’s total population has immunity based on vaccinations and infections.

Generally, one dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines is about 50% effective against symptomatic infection from the coronavirus. But with the delta variant, the efficacy drops to about 35%. By comparison, the efficacy of the vaccines increases to about 90% after the second dose, Carlton said."

Old 07-11-2021, 02:39 PM

Sad case of a 33-year old anti-vax Denver deputy Sheriff who died of COVID-19 complications.

He was a first responder, out there in the public, in harm's way, amid people with the virus.

Excerpt: "A 33-year-old Colorado sheriff’s deputy who publicly criticized the effectiveness of coronavirus vaccines died from COVID-19 complications. ... Daniel Trujillo, a married father of two, died on Wednesday, the Denver Sheriff’s Department said. ... “It is with great sadness that we share 33-year-old Denver Sheriff Deputy Daniel “Duke” Trujillo passed away last evening from COVID-19 complications,” the department wrote on Facebook Thursday morning. ... The former Marine had posted several anti-vaccination messages on social media ... to read “I have an immune system,”

The article relates a number of snide comments the deputy made on social media . . . wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado