Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,816,470 times

Advertisements

Isn't this this thread almost the same as this:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/color...-get-line.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 12:49 PM

456 posts, read 1,577,861 times
Where did you live before Denver?
Chicago, IL (born and raised, subs and city proper)

Why did you choose Denver?
Boyfriend got a job offer out here and I decided to come with, since we'd both lived in Chicago our whole lives. I got a job before I moved out here also!

What do you miss the most?
My family and friends, the food

What does Denver have that beats your last town?
Cheaper cost of living, better weather even with seasons, the mountains!!

and the dealbreaker...

Do you want to leave and why?
Not right away, but I see myself moving elsewhere after Denver. I just don't know when or where!

Old 03-12-2008, 04:40 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,231,675 times

Wyoming. I lived in Wyoming for 10 years but prior to that, was born in Grand Junction, CO. I had also lived in New Mexico and Montana.

I moved to Denver to attend college. I have since graduated and have a job in Denver.

I don't miss many things about Wyoming. My family has since moved, so the only thing I miss is the friends I made there. I have alot of good memories there, even though I never really cared for the place.

Cultural amenities, an open minded population, access to mountains, better weather.

and the dealbreaker....

Eventually, yes. I plan on staying here for a couple of years to gain some work experience and build my resume then plan to move on to a larger market. As much as I love Denver, the job market here is very competitive and the wages are out of sync with the rising cost of living (especially for someone starting their career). I also have a difficult time with the dry climate- I would prefer a place with a little humidity.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:45 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,412,682 times
Dallas/Ft. Worth, Baltimore, MD., New York City, Grew up in Western New York near Buffalo

It was a another place to see; had relatives who already moved.

Sometimes large bodies of water--the great lakes.

Smaller City, less intense, less humidity, better public transportation

and the dealbreaker....

I will never leave; been here too long--almost 30 years. It is like I grew up here and I like the feelings of the familiarity of surroundings and people. Denver is not the best place; it is not the worse--it is just home---my comfortable home.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:38 PM

5,169 posts, read 11,446,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Isn't this this thread almost the same as this:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/color...-get-line.html
The two threads have been merged.

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 PM

380 posts, read 1,228,798 times
Current City - Arvada, WY (if you can call a population of 30 a city!)
Why leave? - Nothing to do here.
Where in Colorado - Denver because I really need something to do.
2nd State - Portland Oregon but I have chosen Denver !
What's holding me back - Working out notice at my job here.
Anything else - I can't wait to be amazed by your wonderful city.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:06 PM

50 posts, read 156,590 times
1) Current City and State
Olathe, KS (Kansas City area)

2) Why do you want to leave
There's not a whole lot to do here besides the usual going to movies and dining out routine
Summer humidity can be killer
Difficult Job market: the largest area employers have been reducing staff periodically, flooding the market with job hunters
Bad town to be single (KC has been consistently ranked as one of the worst cities to be single)
3) Where In Colorado and Why
Denver area

Wonderful opportunities for running/biking/hiking (great system of trails in Denver itself)
Better climate (get me out of this humidity!)
Better life for singles
Better employment opportunities

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States
Minnesota

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving
Finding a job in Denver from out-of-state. This is a big hurdle for me. However, moving to a city without a job seems too risky for me, especially in this economy.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:24 AM

5 posts, read 23,783 times
1) Current City and State
Oswego, NY (Near Syracuse)

2) Why do you want to leave
I have never lived outside of New York. I want to move somewhere else while I am still young. The people in my country are typically lazy. I dont mean everyone, but if we ask people to go for a hike with us they look at us like were crazy because we want to be outdoors and exercising. I would rather be outside than sitting in front of the TV.

3) Where In Colorado and Why
Littleton, I like that there is a walking downtown. The photography scene is amazing! I am a professional photographer and it would be great for my business. I want to be closer to a city.I grew up 30 min from the Adirondacks and I want to be near mountains. I just love everything about CO. My husband and I are really into the outdoors and we feel that there are a lot more people in CO that are like us.

Wonderful opportunities for running/biking/hiking (great system of trails in Denver itself)
Better climate (My winter is wayyyy to long)
Better life for young married couples
Better climate for my professional photography business.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States
Virginia
CT

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving
Ourselves! March of 07 we went out of CO and my husband went to a teaching job fair. He was offered a job in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Denver, and the Loveland area. He took the job in Colorado Springs. We were all set to move out, found a place to rent, found a church, met new friends, but we just were too scared. I do not want to be alone and I am scared that we wont be able to find friends. Now we have bought a house in Upstate, NY but would sell it in a heatbeat if we decided to move. We also live in a College town so we would not have trouble renting it out to some college kids are our church.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,014 times
1) Current City and State = Boca Raton, FL

2) Why do you want to leave = Flat, hot, humid, no seasons, crowded, rude people. I grew up in Breckenridge and have missed it since they day I moved to FL- 10 years ago. I can't wait to get back to CO!

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Originally thinking Highlands Ranch- to compromise with my husband, who was raised in S.FLA and only knows cookie cutter houses and strip malls. I'm hoping I have sold him on the Boulder/Layfayette area...I would really like a little more diversity & scenery.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States =None

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Selling our house!

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? =

Old 05-05-2008, 11:42 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,730,891 times
1) Current City and State = Van Nuys, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles County, California

2) Why do you want to leave = Cost of Living, stressing living conditions such as traffic, congestion due to high population, heat in the valley, foolish politics/laws, people are too infatuated with celebs and trying to impress by spending money they don't have

3) Where In Colorado and Why = Denver, because it's colder, better looking, less people and laws such as gun control are what I am looking for. Still close to the west, snowboarding available, plus sports.

4) 2nd and 3rd Place States = Sante Fe-New Mexico, DFW-Texas/Reno-NV

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving = Need to finish college

6) Anything else you want to tell us that we dont know? =
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado