Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 07:45 AM

169 posts, read 374,235 times

Advertisements

I know this will draw snickers but we visited Durango for the third time last week on a home relocation scouting mission and have zero complaints but one. Why did Durangans allow Del Taco to fail? They may just be another Taco Bell wannabe to you but we aren't privy to them in Kentucky. It's too late for some of you to attempt to dissuade us from Durango (we all know those of which I speak) so save your words, we're coming, and you can't stop us. You think of us as the Clampett's, and we'll think of Durango as Beverly Hills .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 12:24 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,568,698 times
Del Taco's OK (better than Taco Bell, I think) but surely there's some good local Mexican fast food in town. I wouldn't call Del Taco a Taco Bell wannabe. They were both started in SoCal in the 60's.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:17 PM

7,792 posts, read 8,066,434 times
Durango didnt allow del taco to fail,del taco did. even the dimwits know that Durango has to many restaurants and a good mexican meal with table service and a cold beer is a better value. Thats Durango I would never live there but work there alot. Most times it's just in my way when I'm trying to go someplace else, the traffic is horrible and I have never seen so many cars get booted for parking what a mess .open a business that makes no parking signs and you will do well

Old 06-18-2011, 06:39 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,378,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusAllen View Post
I know this will draw snickers.. Durangans.
Referring to the locals that way will probably also draw a few.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:46 AM

169 posts, read 374,235 times
Easy folks, my post was meant to be playful and nothing more . We only see DTs when we're in the west so we always stop, even though the food is obviously quite similar to Taco Bell. They may be old hat to westerners, but they're unique the further east you go. White Castle is an example in reverse, they are in every town near me, always packed with out-of-towners, and carry a cult-like status. I'm not a fan because I grew up on them, I take them for granted. So back to DT, we attempted to go to two, one in Durango, and another in Colorado Springs, both were boarded up even though the GPS lead us there. We even backtracked 10 miles to the store in CS only to find it closed...grrrrrr.
I would have thought Durangans was correct, CAVA. Are they, and soon to be us, Durangoans? I have to know what to call myself.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusAllen View Post
I would have thought Durangans was correct, CAVA. Are they, and soon to be us, Durangoans? I have to know what to call myself.
You'll be a Durangoan.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:03 PM

26,343 posts, read 49,357,265 times
I think it'd be easier, and more fun, to call them Durangies.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:13 PM

Note also they speak a strange dialect called Duranglish.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:47 PM

108 posts, read 390,999 times
I never went there when they were open but Del Taco was shut down by the state. Failure to pay taxes if I remember correctly. The doors were literally just boarded over one day, no notice at all.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB8301 View Post
I never went there when they were open but Del Taco was shut down by the state. Failure to pay taxes if I remember correctly. The doors were literally just boarded over one day, no notice at all.
Must have been a franchise as the parent company I'm sure wouldn't have let that happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado