Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 04:32 PM

82 posts, read 206,041 times

Advertisements

Kentucky whiskey....a source of many a hangover...mmm tacos...mmm near meat....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,268,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
I have a fair amount of knowledge about Coors since a dear friend of mine worked in qaulity control at the brewery for a number of years--up far enough in the company to know Bill and Joe personally (my family knew them, as well). A lot of the Coors people really didn't like Coors Light--they felt it was market pandering to people with not much taste for good beer--I'll leave it at that.
So I guess that would be considered "stupid poser brew"

Old 06-24-2011, 08:01 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,943,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusAllen View Post
But don't worry, I'll be there soon enough to clean up your mess.
Must agree with Jazzlover's comment that this statement will raise some hackles around here - especially in Durango which has become more than a little elitist over the years. I was born in Kentucky myself and still have family there, although I've lived in Colorado since the age of 5. I'm a fan of good Kentucky bourbon, but Coors Light tastes like skunk **** to me. One can dislike Coors without being an "elitist." There's some great micro breweries around here. Check them out when you get here. Or even check out Budwiser. Please don't subject your body to Coors products. It will thank you.

Oh yeah. Griego's is a pretty decent Durango Mexican fast food place - a thousand times better than outfits like Taco Bell or Del Taco and their ilk.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:52 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,724,803 times
OK, Dgo. native here.

And it's always had a huge elitist population, for at least the last 30 yrs. or so.

And Griego's.... oh yummmmmmm..... best fast food Mexican in town. Green chile burrito, frito pie and tacos. OMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Oh yeah. Griego's is a pretty decent Durango Mexican fast food place - a thousand times better than outfits like Taco Bell or Del Taco and their ilk.
Heck ya!!!!!! Ska, Carver's, Steamworks, there's more, can't think of them right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
There's some great micro breweries around here.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:07 AM

169 posts, read 373,367 times
Must agree with Jazzlover's comment that this statement will raise some hackles around here - especially in Durango which has become more than a little elitist over the years.

Seems as though I should have chosen my words more carefully, and for that I take full responsibility (though you can't see me, I'm bowing, ready to accept my punishment ). It's this "elitist" thing that keeps setting me off, though, as I'm (sans this thread) the most civil guy you could ever want to meet. And geez, Jazz could probably buy and sell us ten times over, we're just average Joes who want to fit into YOUR way of life.

One can dislike Coors without being an "elitist." There's some great micro breweries around here. Check them out when you get here. Or even check out Budwiser. Please don't subject your body to Coors products. It will thank you.

I know, I know, my younger brother never misses the opportunity to remind me that I'm drinking "old man's beer". I prefer stout, all day, every day, CL is just my "in a pinch" beer.

Oh yeah. Griego's is a pretty decent Durango Mexican fast food place - a thousand times better than outfits like Taco Bell or Del Taco and their ilk.[/quote]

Now, see, that's constructive. And thanks, we'll check it out.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:18 AM

169 posts, read 373,367 times
Well, not ALL great bourbon is made in Kentucky, but I do rather fancy Maker's Mark, though there are some lesser known Kentucky whiskeys that I like better.

Of course it isn't, but it doesn't change the fact that I know more than you on the subject, a fact that I'm sure that sticks in your craw.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:26 AM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
As far as bourbon goes, that Kentucky stuff tastes like ass to me. The good stuff is made in Tennessee and it's called whiskey.

Now, back to the topic; check out Randy's if it's still there.

As far as Coors goes, if you go to Golden and take the short tour... you can try what they have on tap. I did that and drank the Killians and it was the best beverage I can ever remember. I don't know if they still make that or not.

Last edited by McGowdog; 06-24-2011 at 11:44 AM..

Old 06-24-2011, 03:30 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,724,803 times
It's not Randy's any longer, I can't recall the name but not Randy's.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:15 PM

82 posts, read 206,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
As far as bourbon goes, that Kentucky stuff tastes like ass to me. The good stuff is made in Tennessee and it's called whiskey.

Now, back to the topic; check out Randy's if it's still there.

As far as Coors goes, if you go to Golden and take the short tour... you can try what they have on tap. I did that and drank the Killians and it was the best beverage I can ever remember. I don't know if they still make that or not.
mmm...Evan Williams and 10 High! All the single malts taste the same to me.

Well Taco Bueno may be gone out of Durango but there's still other fine establishments in which to get a near meat taco in Southern Colorado!

Old 06-24-2011, 07:26 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,268,360 times
It wasn't that long ago (early 80s) you couldn't get a decent Mexican meal in Durango to save your life. Surprising with its proximity to NM. At that time it was much better over in SE CO where there was a bigger hispanic population. Back then Mexican/Southwestern food was more localized before it was "discovered" by middle America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado