Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 06:08 AM

76 posts, read 312,329 times

Advertisements

This summer we'll be moving into a new home and will be having landscape done. I've seen in a couple of MLS homes that they had netrafim irrigation so I had to look it up. I see the benefits of less water use and the use of this in windy areas (we'll be out in Meridian Ranch = wind?), but I can't find anywhere where there's a cost/benefit analysis that includes installation costs. Does this type of system cost more than conventional systems? Also, I read in a few FAQ about them that they can sometimes be exempt from water restrictions - would this be true for us there (I'm assuming there are water restrictions)? Lastly, is it easy to find someone who sells/installs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 06:48 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,881,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerspouse View Post
This summer we'll be moving into a new home and will be having landscape done. I've seen in a couple of MLS homes that they had netrafim irrigation so I had to look it up. I see the benefits of less water use and the use of this in windy areas (we'll be out in Meridian Ranch = wind?), but I can't find anywhere where there's a cost/benefit analysis that includes installation costs. Does this type of system cost more than conventional systems? Also, I read in a few FAQ about them that they can sometimes be exempt from water restrictions - would this be true for us there (I'm assuming there are water restrictions)? Lastly, is it easy to find someone who sells/installs?
If you are having it done then I guess you should just get a hold of a landscpaper (installer) and just ask him. Seems like the easiest way to go. I'd be landscapers are hurting now so they'd be happy to show up at your home and give estimates.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:11 AM

26,261 posts, read 49,168,003 times
One of the homes up the street had the drip irrigation put in. A series of plastic pipes running parallel, spaced about 18 inches apart and about 4 inches BELOW the soil/grass, i.e., waters the grass at the roots, not the surface. It uses a fraction of what the usual $prayhead above ground stuff u$e$. The installer told me that with the underground system, people in COL SPGS are exempted when water restrictions might be in effect. I'm sure it costs more, but sure seems proper for our climate here.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:47 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,089,922 times
Wow!! I wish my sprinkler sytem was that way. Sounds like a great idea, I've never heard of that. I wonder what it would take to convert? HMMM?

Old 03-08-2008, 03:06 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,389,026 times
I say to hell with grass. It should be banned in Colorado. LOL, j/k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs