Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:40 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,709,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

I'm calling it 31-10.
Wow, you're being generous to ol' Jo Pa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 04:45 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,251,504 times
Yup, Penn State is not in this thing at all

Old 01-02-2009, 09:22 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,461,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Also losing their best WR in Dez Bryant for most of the game didn't help their cause either.

Rice came to play yesterday, I didn't get to see it because of the NFL network garbage, however good game for the Owls.
What game did you watch? Dez went out with only 4 mins. left in the first half. Oregon, one of the best running teams in nation, only ran the ball around 10 times in the first half. When they ran the ball in the second half, they rolled over the Pokes.

You seem to be arguing over the Dez injury on every Oregon post. That was not OSU's downfall. Their downfall came because they DID NOT run the ball, Robinson was throwing like s**t, and Oregon RAN THE BALL in the second half. Man, my other Longhorn fans are making excuses for their close game against the Pokes in Austin, just like you...silly...better focus on the Buckeyes.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,453,605 times
As with everything else, corparate America and the national media is turning college football into a bad joke.

There are so many bowls now that it's become beyond ridiculous. These cable channels have so many slots to fill that they're begging 7-5 and even 6-6 teams to play in bowls that most fans couldn't give 2 shytes about.

Most of these bowls can't even come close to filling their stadiums for the actual game, either. I'm seeing scores of empty seats and giant tarps with company logos stetched out across whole sections to try and hide the fact that nobody's there, as if a real sports fan doesn't notice.

The surplus of games also waters down the ones that actually are attractive. The BCS has screwed things up so badly that the Orange Bowl - for years one of the premier bowl extravaganzas - somehow wound up with Virginia Tech and Cincinnati this year. Are you KIDDING me?????? The national championship game - once the grand exclamation point of New Years Night - is now played on January SIXTH because the networks have too many games to stack on top of each other, so they have to spread them out. At this rate, it won't be long before the title game is played in February, just like the Super Bowl.

If I had it my way, no team with more than 3 losses would be eligible for any bowl. I have no desire to watch 7-5 and 6-6 teams be rewarded with trips to Hawaii, California or Florida for achieving stinking mediocrity. Beyond ridiculous.

I hate you, media, I hate you, corporate America, and I hate you, BCS. You have all ruined college football, along with many other aspects of sports on every level.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:09 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,293,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
What game did you watch? Dez went out with only 4 mins. left in the first half. Oregon, one of the best running teams in nation, only ran the ball around 10 times in the first half. When they ran the ball in the second half, they rolled over the Pokes.

To make this simple I wil just quote this article which I have linked.

Quote:
Despite missing a good chunk of the second half, Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant set the Holiday Bowl record for most receptions and receiving yards. Here’s a look at the top wide receiver performances of the Holiday Bowl:
Link

4 minutes huh? Looks like you watched the wrong game

Old 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,461,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
To make this simple I wil just quote this article which I have linked.

Link

4 minutes huh? Looks like you watched the wrong game
Are you illiterate? I wrote he went out with 4 mins. left in the first half. You wrote he missed most of the game. Please look back at my posts on why OSU lost. They DID NOT RUN THE BALL...COULD NOT RUN THE BALL. Oh, and the Ducks ran the ball (307 yards) and passed the ball (254) and leveled Robinson forcing him to throw poorly because he got hurt.

Get a clue dude.

Mobile Breaking Oklahoma News | NewsOK.com

I'm done.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:19 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,293,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post

I'm done.

Thank you

Old 01-02-2009, 08:08 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,251,504 times
Anyone see the hit the Kentucky player put on the ECU QB? Ouch!

Old 01-03-2009, 12:20 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,928,161 times
Congrats to Utah for killing Alabama! I only saw the 4th Q of the game and they pretty much had their way w/ Alabama, at least defensively. As the only undefeated team in the country, the Utes should be ranked #2. I know they won't, but they should. The BCS winner should be ranked #1, the loser #3, and Utah in the middle. Then probably Texas (if they win) or USC at #4 and the other team at #5.

TTU should fall out of the top 10 and Alabama should be closer to 10 than 1.

LOL @ #14 GA Tech getting trounced by unranked LSU, 38-3.

The weirdest score so far in the Bowl game has to be OR St. 3, Pitt 0. What a crazy defensive battle. I'm glad I didn't bother watching it. But too bad a fellow Big East team lost.

Too bad #12 Cin. lost against #19 VT. Their 4 TOs definitely hurt them a lot.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:41 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,033,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Congrats to Utah for killing Alabama! I only saw the 4th Q of the game and they pretty much had their way w/ Alabama, at least defensively. As the only undefeated team in the country, the Utes should be ranked #2. I know they won't, but they should. The BCS winner should be ranked #1, the loser #3, and Utah in the middle. Then probably Texas (if they win) or USC at #4 and the other team at #5.

TTU should fall out of the top 10 and Alabama should be closer to 10 than 1.

LOL @ #14 GA Tech getting trounced by unranked LSU, 38-3.

The weirdest score so far in the Bowl game has to be OR St. 3, Pitt 0. What a crazy defensive battle. I'm glad I didn't bother watching it. But too bad a fellow Big East team lost.

Too bad #12 Cin. lost against #19 VT. Their 4 TOs definitely hurt them a lot.

I was at the OSU and Pitt game in El Paso, I drove down from Albuquerque to watch a 3-0 game, the lowest scoring bowl game since 1959. Oh well at least I got a tan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football