Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:09 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,293,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
The Cats played well; but a loss is a loss. The bowl season is off to a great start for the Big Ten this year. Wisconsin getting crushed, Northwestern losing to Mizzou. Minnesota v. Kansas may be our best chance to even win a bowl game and avoid 0-6!

I thought Mizzu would blow them out, just going from the Mizzu vs Illinois game early this season. Northwestern came to play and I was impressed.

Tonight the game I have been looking forward to in Oklahoma ST vs Oregon. Should be a ton of points. Go Cowboys

Last edited by Packersnut21; 12-30-2008 at 07:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 11:36 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,929,236 times
I wonder what the spread is for tonight's game. I'm sure the Cowboys will be the heavy favorite over the Ducks. Speaking of Cowboys, since the team from Dallas can't win, maybe the one from OK will.

From here on out, I really don't have a preference who wins the Bowl games. Rutgers won yesterday and I'm happy. In general, I'll root for the underdog. In the BCS game, I'll root for FL.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:50 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,920,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Woohoo, Rutgers won their 3rd consecutive Bowl game!
ESPN - Teel rallies hot Rutgers past NC State in Papajohns.com Bowl - NCAA College Football Recap

Thanks, Canes. Your team played very tough. Wilson did great in the 1st half - esp. in his ability to scramble - and we lucked out a little when he was injured toward the end of the 1st half.

RU's wide receiver showed why they're so great and Teel showed he can pass well if he has time. Teel and Underwood will definitely be gone next year (seniors) and I bet Britt will come out early for the draft. He might even be 1st round material. The RU offense will look much different next year. : \

In other Bowl news, NW outgained MO and even had fewer turnovers than them, yet they still lost tonight (in OT).
ESPN - Daniel hits Maclin for OT score as Mizzou edges Northwestern - NCAA College Football Recap
Yep. Both of our college teams won.
(Sorry Canes)

I'm especially glad now TCU won 11 games and the bowl to end the season, since that horror last Sunday with the Cowboys.
At least SOMEONE in DFW had a good seaon this year....

Old 12-30-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I wonder what the spread is for tonight's game. I'm sure the Cowboys will be the heavy favorite over the Ducks. Speaking of Cowboys, since the team from Dallas can't win, maybe the one from OK will.
After starting out with a ton of offense this game has turned into a defensive struggle. Oregon has look horrible on offense dropping balls, and their FG's have been awful. Hopefully Dez comes back in the 2nd half and gives a spark to the Pokes.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:49 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,461,471 times
Quack, Quack!

It was just a matter of time until the Ducks took control. The game plan by the Ducks was horrible in the first half, but it all worked out. Very few teams could stop that offense all game long (USC did but before Masoli was comfortable with the offense).

To be honest, I was expecting more of a blow out, but that lay off took a bit out of our offense. Dez was great but OSU's running game was bottled up all night long. The Pokes were just smacked around and offensively overmatched.

Fun game to watch.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:52 AM

8,983 posts, read 17,308,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Quack, Quack!

It was just a matter of time until the Ducks took control. The game plan by the Ducks was horrible in the first half, but it all worked out. Very few teams could stop that offense all game long (USC did but before Masoli was comfortable with the offense).

To be honest, I was expecting more of a blow out, but that lay off took a bit out of our offense. Dez was great but OSU's running game was bottled up all night long. The Pokes were just smacked around and offensively overmatched.

Fun game to watch.
For the purpose of conversation; I don't really think OK State was overmatched. That was a great back and forth game throughout until the Ducks made the stops they needed to and put it away at the end.

More importantly, congrats Rice Owls for winning the Texas Bowl.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
For the purpose of conversation; I don't really think OK State was overmatched. That was a great back and forth game throughout until the Ducks made the stops they needed to and put it away at the end.

More importantly, congrats Rice Owls for winning the Texas Bowl.
Also losing their best WR in Dez Bryant for most of the game didn't help their cause either.

Rice came to play yesterday, I didn't get to see it because of the NFL network garbage, however good game for the Owls.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:27 AM

8,983 posts, read 17,308,092 times
I thought Minnesota would beat Kansas last night; not even close.

Well, Iowa, PSU, OSU, MSU; someone will get a win. OSU over Texas maybe.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:23 AM

Iowa looking good vs South Carolina today. Looking forward to the Rose Bowl

Old 01-01-2009, 11:28 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,612,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Iowa looking good vs South Carolina today. Looking forward to the Rose Bowl
I'm not giving PSU much of a chance. The real USC is alot better than the other USC.

I'm calling it 31-10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football