Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the Nat'l Championship?
Notre Dame 14 17.07%
Alabama 68 82.93%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 10:43 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Hey I'm not going to hide. Notre Dame just got outclassed last night and there is no way around that. Whatever Brian Kelly did with the team over the past 40 days he should do the opposite next time because we weren't ready and Alabama was. Oh well these things happen and I'm not sure any team in the country could have stopped Alabama last night. Our defensive front seven is one of the best in the country and their offensive line made them look like rag dolls. It was an uncharacteristically sloppy performance from our defense with more missed tackles in the first half than we probably had all season.

By the way, the SEC had NOTHING to do with what went down last night. Alabama didn't win because they are in a conference with Georgia, Auburn, Florida, etc. They won because they were the better team. I congratulate Alabama but the rest of the SEC...what are you so happy about? You're in the same boat with Notre Dame and the rest of college football: looking up at Alabama.
Because SEC has pretty much dominated this past decade in national titles... Florida 2 LSU 1 bama 3 auburn 1 now we just need GA to be added to this list

Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,984,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It just seems like it's every year that everyone's looking up at Alabama...

or Auburn...

or Florida...

or LSU.
No one has looked up at LSU or Florida for some time now. And Auburn's flukey run to the title was nice but now that they aren't paying for their quarterbacks they've regressed. I wouldn't trade Notre Dame's future for a win last night because I want ND to become like Alabama not Auburn.

Alabama as a program is the gold standard of CFB and the glory is theirs alone. This attempt by UGA and "SEC fans" to elbow in on the glory is little brotherish. Of the SEC's 7 straight MNCs Alabama has 3 of them, they are the Alpha Dog right now. Everyone in the SEC is right there with the rest of us, looking up at Alabama. I don't want ND to build a program like UGA, I want a program like Alabama.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:49 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,267,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yeah, it would have really been fair to put a two loss Georgia or a one loss Oregon (who lost to a Stanford team that ND beat) in the title game over an undefeated ND.

It's easy to say in hindsight that ND was not deserving of a shot at the crown, but the truth is that Bama could have rolled anyone last night.
Stanford beat a very beaten up Oregon with many injuries. Beat them in Overtime, because of a FG miss. Glad you bring up Stanford though, now thats a third team that would have put up a fight last night.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Because SEC has pretty much dominated this past decade in national titles... Florida 2 LSU 1 bama 3 auburn 1 now we just need GA to be added to this list
The SEC, as a conference, hasn't. A select group of teams from the SEC has but that's it. And Alabama has about half of the "SEC's" titles. This isn't top to bottom conference domination. This is Nick Saban, the best coach in the game right now, winning 4 MNC's and Urban Meyer winning 2. Auburn's run was a fluke and the product of buying a better QB than the rest of the SEC could afford.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Stanford beat a very beaten up Oregon with many injuries. Beat them in Overtime, because of a FG miss. Glad you bring up Stanford though, now thats a third team that would have put up a fight last night.
Yeah the Stanford team that Notre Dame beat.

I understand you're butt hurt that Oregon didn't make it but perhaps they should win at home and they would get those opportunities. Yeah ND got whipped last night but we made it. We took care of our business during the season to get to the MNC. Oregon, KSU, Stanford, Georgia, they did not. Don't be made at ND, perhaps your team should handle it's business in the season and "undeserving" teams like Notre Dame would not make it.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,267,906 times
Quote:

I understand you're butt hurt that Oregon didn't make it but perhaps they should win at home and they would get those opportunities. Yeah ND got whipped last night but we made it. We took care of our business during the season to get to the MNC. Oregon, KSU, Stanford, Georgia, they did not. Don't be made at ND, perhaps your team should handle it's business in the season and "undeserving" teams like Notre Dame would not make it.
your right, people will remember ND getting DESTROYED at the Natty, but will probably forget Oregon destroying K state at the Fiesta Bowl. Does anybody know, as far as the Natty goes, if another team has ever been blown out as bad as ND got blown out in the BCS Era? BTW, the end of the Stanford/ND was pretty controversial wasn't, some kind of blown refs call wasn't it?

Old 01-08-2013, 11:07 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,564,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
After tonight, I think there's going to be serious talk about whether non-SEC teams should be allowed to play in the national championship game. In future years, don't be surprised if a 1-loss team from the SEC overtakes an undefeated team from the Big12 or Pac12. A two-loss SEC team might even be able to do it. This is just more SEC domination. Reporters are already working on this now. Could be a reality.

I feel sorry for a team like Florida State, one loss by one point

Quote:
Hey I'm not going to hide. Notre Dame just got outclassed last night and there is no way around that. Whatever Brian Kelly did with the team over the past 40 days he should do the opposite next time because we weren't ready and Alabama was. Oh well these things happen and I'm not sure any team in the country could have stopped Alabama last night. Our defensive front seven is one of the best in the country and their offensive line made them look like rag dolls. It was an uncharacteristically sloppy performance from our defense with more missed tackles in the first half than we probably had all season.

By the way, the SEC had NOTHING to do with what went down last night. Alabama didn't win because they are in a conference with Georgia, Auburn, Florida, etc. They won because they were the better team. I congratulate Alabama but the rest of the SEC...what are you so happy about? You're in the same boat with Notre Dame and the rest of college football: looking up at Alabama.

this post wins for most backhanded compliments in a single post.

Quote:

perhaps they should win at home

this is big talk coming from a fan base whose team routinely plays 8 of 12 games at home, because it can, because it's "independent"

Michigan State, Oklahoma, USC all had down years and Boston college is rarely good, but go ahead and make that your demanding away schedule, what a joke program.

Notre Dame, living off their big defeat of Army in 1942.

Notre Dame: French for OVERRATED

Old 01-08-2013, 11:35 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,767,213 times
Here are the final BCS fan rankings on ESPN:

1.Oregon

2.Stanford

3.Kansas State

4.Alabama

5.Notre Dame

6.Florida

7.Georgia

8.Oregon St.

9.Texas A&M

10.LSU

11.UCLA

12.South Carolina

13.Oklahoma

14.Florida State

15.Ohio State

16.Clemson

17.Nebraska

18.Northern Illinois

19.Boise State

20.Michigan

21.Northwestern

22.Louisville

23.Utah State

24.Texas

25.Wisconsin

Rank 'Em: College football Top 25 - SportsNation - ESPN

Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,191,969 times
Quote:
No one has looked up at LSU or Florida for some time now. And Auburn's flukey run to the title was nice but now that they aren't paying for their quarterbacks they've regressed. I wouldn't trade Notre Dame's future for a win last night because I want ND to become like Alabama not Auburn.

Alabama as a program is the gold standard of CFB and the glory is theirs alone. This attempt by UGA and "SEC fans" to elbow in on the glory is little brotherish. Of the SEC's 7 straight MNCs Alabama has 3 of them, they are the Alpha Dog right now. Everyone in the SEC is right there with the rest of us, looking up at Alabama. I don't want ND to build a program like UGA, I want a program like Alabama.
Actually, the NCAA did the equivalent of a full body cavity search on Auburn during the Cam Newton investigation and found nothing.

Meanwhile, Alabama nearly got the death penalty for their shenanigans. Even now, the secondary violations are piling up.

And Notre Dame should be grateful to be like either program, for they just proved last night why they've been consigned to irrelevancy for so long.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:48 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,767,213 times
Quote:
I don't want ND to build a program like UGA, I want a program like Alabama.
Um, did you see both the SEC and NC games? Or did you see the Alabama-Texas A&M game? I think Notre Dame would be lucky to have a program like Georgia's or Texas A&M's right now. To be honest, Notre Dame would be lucky to have a program like South Carolina's. They've been more consistent than ND over the past few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football