Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 03:36 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,897,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
The spread is 20.5 for a reason. Even though I'd take the points.
I'm taking them.... Anything over 20 is ridiculous for a ranked team.

Especially a team that may slow the game down.

Im thinking 41-24... points in tact. ;-)

Old 11-16-2012, 04:52 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
I will say this, because I'm not sure if I've said this yet here. Statistically the score should be a close game ...and it's entirely possible that Stanford has us beat on paper ...but the problems we appear to have on the line and on defense, will be overcome because of depth, desire, heart, speed, endurance, talent, homefield advantage, and last but definitely not least, teamwork and... brilliant coaching. Thats what I believe this game will prove. Just one day remaining.

Yes, this is exactly like we're playing Notre Dame, with both of us having homefield advantage.
Repeating the same false statement over and over again does not make it so. Notre Dame is better than Stanford so if you think Stanford is just Notre Dame West you're mistaken. On defense we may be similar and they are better at stuffing the run but we're a better offense and a better team.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:53 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Repeating the same false statement over and over again does not make it so. Notre Dame is better than Stanford so if you think Stanford is just Notre Dame West you're mistaken. On defense we may be similar and they are better at stuffing the run but we're a better offense and a better team.
Okay now pay close attention to this...once again:

You say. Your offense is better and your defense is better.

Now think about the these questions.

What was the score at the end of regulation?

WHY? Was the score tied?

Old 11-16-2012, 05:58 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,962,308 times
Your answers, which are the right answers, can be found in your previous posts.

Because your offense fumbled...at the goal line (is it a wonder why?)...and Stanford's D recovered...and scored. Now, how is it that your so confident Stanford isn't just as good as Notre Dame?

Old 11-16-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Okay now pay close attention to this...once again:

You say. Your offense is better and your defense is better.

Now think about the these questions.

What was the score at the end of regulation?

WHY? Was the score tied?
Um who won the game? Oh yeah we did. Who is undefeated with the top ranked scoring defense in the country? Which team is ranked higher in Total Offense and rushing yards per game? Which defense gives up less yard per game and has more interceptions? Again, which team has TEN WINS and ZERO losses? The answer to all of these questions is the Notre Dame Fightin' Irish. We are a BETTER team than Stanford. We proved it on the field. Period.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Your answers, which are the right answers, can be found in your previous posts.

Because your offense fumbled...at the goal line (is it a wonder why?)...and Stanford's D recovered...and scored. Now, how is it that your so confident Stanford isn't just as good as Notre Dame?
Because we gain more total yards per game, give up less total yards per game, give up the least amount of points per game in the nation, are undefeated at 10-0 while Stanford has 2 losses, and oh yeah we BEAT THEM head to head. That's why I'm so confident.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:35 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,776 times
Here's what I know about this Stanford team. They have the number 1 defense against the run. The media says they are good. So, many people try and sound like experts by regurgitating what the media says. They have faced pathetic rushing teams. The best offense they have faced was Arizona and all UA did was run up 617 yards. Can Stanford beat us...sure. If they want to stack the box, fine. Mariota is the most effecient QB in the nation and it isn't even close. Load up that box and Mariota will pick you apart. I think we will be fine and unless we take them lightly we should win by a a lot.

Since that turtle slurring Dr. Lou picked Stanford to win, that basically screws the Trees because he is an idiot.

And as far as the Notre Dame-Oregon debate that continues to rage- why? I want to play Bama. I can careless about the Irish- they are also rans despite what their fans believe. To be the best I want to beat the best. Bama is the best and it would be great to play them.

Last edited by Acuda; 11-16-2012 at 06:46 PM..

Old 11-16-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Here's what I know about this Stanford team. They have the number 1 defense against the run. The media says they are good. So, many people try and sound like experts by regurgitating what the media says. They have faced pathetic rushing teams. The best offense they have faced was Arizona and all UA did was run up 617 yards. Can Stanford beat us...sure. If they want to stack the box, fine. Mariota is the most effecient QB in the nation and it isn't even close. Load up that box and Mariota will pick you apart. I think we will be fine and unless we take them lightly we should win by a a lot.

Since that turtle slurring Dr. Lou picked Stanford to win, that basically screws the Trees because he is an idiot.

And as far as the Notre Dame-Oregon debate that continues to rage- why? I want to play Bama. I can careless about the Irish- they are also rans despite what their fans believe. To be the best I want to beat the best. Bama is the best and it would be great to play them.
Yeah also-rans who are 10-0 and ranked #3 in the nation with the #1 scoring defense in all of college football.

By the way how fast will that Oregon nouveau riche bandwagon empty after the NCAA hits them with a bowl ban?:

Quote:
Lyles was paid $25,000 by Oregon in 2010 and later told Yahoo Sports was not for scouting services, as Oregon coach Chip Kelly suggested, rather, for his influence with key recruits such as Lache Seastrunk. Seastrunk has since left the team.
With the investigation into Oregon alleged violations is ongoing, but in the wake of the breakdown in judgement at Penn State, the NCAA on Monday approved tougher sanction for rule breakers which could mean harsh punishment for the Ducks’ program should the college sports’ governing body ever come to a conclusion.
NCAA gets tough on rule-breakers, no word on Oregon – Sports Blog

I used to hold nothing against Oregon aside from hating their gaudy horrid uniforms but their bandwagon of arrogant new money "fans" have greatly irritated me. I can't wait for the NCAA to hit the University of Nike Phightin' Phil Knights hard.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yeah also-rans who are 10-0 and ranked #3 in the nation with the #1 scoring defense in all of college football.

By the way how fast will that Oregon nouveau riche bandwagon empty after the NCAA hits them with a bowl ban?:

NCAA gets tough on rule-breakers, no word on Oregon – Sports Blog

I used to hold nothing against Oregon aside from hating their gaudy horrid uniforms but their bandwagon of arrogant new money "fans" have greatly irritated. I can't wait for the NCAA to hit University of Nike Phightin' Phil Knights hard.
You can argue with the other Duck fan regarding ND. Your defense does not frighten me in the least. But, You know nothing about the NCAA and just regurgitate what was reported months ago. In fact, you must be about 7 months behind because most believe, even in the media, that Oregon was not doing anything all that egregious. Feel free to search some of my posts regarding this as I was very thorough with this way before you showed up.

But, just for the sake of it, tell me what you think the Ducks did. I am curious what you think. Feel free to look up some articles. Here, I'll get you started. Look up Lache Seastrunk. Tell me what you think you know. I am willing to bet it isn't anything more than this donor.

Oh, and I know plenty of Duck alumni who live across the country and there really isn't a whole lot of bandwagoners. Sure, people may say they like to watch us, but they re not rocking Duck shirts or Os on their car. Oregon fans are still a pretty diehard fanbase and I am calling bs on the whole new money fans across this nation. The only Ducks I see here in Texas are alumni and 10 year olds.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
You can argue with the other Duck fan regarding ND. Your defense does not frighten me in the least. But, You know nothing about the NCAA and just regurgitate what was reported months ago. In fact, you must be about 7 months behind because most believe, even in the media, that Oregon was not doing anything all that egregious. Feel free to search some of my posts regarding this as I was very thorough with this way before you showed up.

But, just for the sake of it, tell me what you think the Ducks did. I am curious what you think. Feel free to look up some articles. Here, I'll get you started. Look up Lache Seastrunk. Tell me what you think you know. I am willing to bet it isn't anything more than this donor.

Oh, and I know plenty of Duck alumni who live across the country and there really isn't a whole lot of bandwagoners. Sure, people may say they like to watch us, but they re not rocking Duck shirts or Os on their car. Oregon fans are still a pretty diehard fanbase and I am calling bs on the whole new money fans across this nation. The only Ducks I see here in Texas are alumni and 10 year olds.
I think Oregon did what most other big time programs are doing: used money and influential people to influence recruits.

As for our defense scaring you...tell me all about those rugged Pac-12 defenses you've played? I'm sure Tennessee Tech was a tough test for your offense as was Colorado, Arizona, and USC. The saddest part of it all is USC is the only top 50 defense you've played yet! Before you ask what offenses we've played I'll point you to the Oklahoma Sooners, a team that put up points in a hurry. We held them to their lowest home point total in the Stoops era. Oh but you thought Notre Dame would get steamrolled in that game so that really shows how much you know about Notre Dame or CFB in general.

Oh and I'm calling BS on this large "die hard fanbase" of Oregon's. I'm sure they have their die hard core, every team does, but I still believe about half the Oregon "fan"base is probably about 5 years old because they have the new money attitude. You know dripping with condescension and arrogance like their team is the greatest team to ever grace a football field. I'm sure you are familiar with this attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football