Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
Oklahoma let WV roll up 49 points on them. That pretty much tells us all we need to know about OU, who, once again, are overrated.
Yeah but they won that game didn't they? Last time I checked every SEC team has a loss so it's not like they're all unstoppable or something. Ironically Florida probably has the "best" loss, only losing 8 to the #5 (soon to be #3) Bulldogs on a neutral field but they won't go the SECCG. Georgia's played a soft schedule and has a horrid loss, Bama was down by 20 at one point on their home turf and lost, and the rest of the SEC has at least 2 losses.

The point is only one team has handled their business every week, so far, and that is Notre Dame. But to dismiss what ND did to OU because they won a close game against a damn good offense is asinine. Last time I checked OU has only lost 5 times in Norman under Stoops so whether OU is overrated or not what we did isn't something that happens every year. And it's the best signature win of any of the top 10 teams in the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yeah but prior to 2008 American never had a black President, not to get political I'm just making a point. Just because something has never happened doesn't mean that it can't ever happen. I think Notre Dame has a good shot against either SEC team. We match up well because our defense is just as good as any SEC defense, we play fundamentally sound, we control the ball and the clock.

Of course none of this matters if Notre Dame doesn't handle it's business, but I'll be rooting against Georgia because I don't think a team that loses by 28 (and was trailing by 35) deserves a chance to be crowned champion. But who we play doesn't matter to me, I just really want ND to take care of business in southern Cal and go to Miami. Once we get there anything can happen.
You are crazy. I know ND has not been good for decades and the fan base has been waiting a long time to matter again but it's leading to you being delusional.

ND would have three losses at least if they played in the SEC. Your offensive and defensive lines would never hold up.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
Oklahoma let WV roll up 49 points on them. That pretty much tells us all we need to know about OU, who, once again, are overrated.
As they are every year.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Yeah but they won that game didn't they? Last time I checked every SEC team has a loss so it's not like they're all unstoppable or something. Ironically Florida probably has the "best" loss, only losing 8 to the #5 (soon to be #3) Bulldogs on a neutral field but they won't go the SECCG. Georgia's played a soft schedule and has a horrid loss, Bama was down by 20 at one point on their home turf and lost, and the rest of the SEC has at least 2 losses.

The point is only one team has handled their business every week, so far, and that is Notre Dame. But to dismiss what ND did to OU because they won a close game against a damn good offense is asinine. Last time I checked OU has only lost 5 times in Norman under Stoops so whether OU is overrated or not what we did isn't something that happens every year. And it's the best signature win of any of the top 10 teams in the nation.
You just mentioned four teams that ND would be lucky to go 1-3 against.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
You are crazy. I know ND has not been good for decades now but you are jumping in way over your head.
Dude I know you don't watch any Notre Dame football but seriously look up our stats. I understand you're an SEC fanboy so you'll never agree but I'm telling you to watch some tape and look at some stats. Our defense is legit and at least 4 of our front 7 could play for any SEC team they want. We have the #1 scoring defense in the nation, we are top 10 in total defense. We also suffocate the run leaving teams 1 dimensional forcing them to pass and especially against a team like Florida (that couldn't pass if their lives depended on it) I'll take those odds. I'd take those odds against a team like Alabama too. I'm not convinced A.J. McCarron could put a team on his shoulders and win a game over the course of 60 minutes. Of course he might end up doing that but I'd take those odds.

Now Aaron Murray, that kid is legit, but he can lean on Marshall and Gurley right now and if we took that away it'd be interesting to see how he responded.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
You just mentioned four teams that ND would be lucky to go 1-3 against.
You're just being a SEC fanboy at this point. The surest way for ND to get some respect from SEC fanboys like yourself is to beat whatever SEC team goes the NCG. Of course if that happened we'd all just be treated to a litany of excuses but whatever.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
You are crazy. I know ND has not been good for decades and the fan base has been waiting a long time to matter again but it's leading to you being delusional.

ND would have three losses at least if they played in the SEC. Your offensive and defensive lines would never hold up.
I'm sure you thought the same thing about TAMU too didn't you?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
As they are every year.
And half the SEC is overrated every year...remember the mighty Arkansas Razorbacks?

Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,799,060 times
The sad thing is that every year, us fans squabble over who would beat who, and this team would lose if they played. College football, at least the top division anyways, doesn't give the chance that these dream match ups could happen each year. A 4 team playoff will be better than what we have, but it will not be enough, imo. An 8 team playoff would be best.

Imagine for example:

In no particular order

Florida State
Alabama
Notre Dame
Oregon
Kansas State
Florida
Nebraska
Georgia

Old 11-18-2012, 12:37 PM

518 posts, read 406,528 times
Quote:
And half the SEC is overrated every year...remember the mighty Arkansas Razorbacks?
Okay, but they were good enough to beat Kansas State last year. That success obviously didn't carry over into 2012, but they were pretty solid in 2011, so they weren't over-hyped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football