Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2012, 10:16 PM

518 posts, read 406,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Don't forget about SC beating Clemson!
...with their star RB and their starting QB gone no less. LOL! A 2nd string SEC team beats the best ACC team any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 02:43 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
Fans of the Florida Gators shouldn't celebrate too much. Remember your homecoming game this year? You very nearly were upset by a Sun Belt conference team, UL Lafayette, a team you PAID to be your homecoming opponent. The Sun Belt isn't the easy pushover conference it once was. Ranked teams have had a hard time against some of the teams in this conference. Oh, and if you watched last year's New Orleans Bowl between UL Lafayette and San Diego State, look forward to this year's New Orleans Bowl because UL Lafayette accepted the invitation to return again. After several decades of no bowls, they're going to a bowl two years in a row.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:40 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Congrats to ND though... I look forward to seeing them face the SEC Champ in the Natty... Should be a great one. Two great defenses will face off no matter who plays.

The Big12 and Pac12 need to take some notes... Cause that stuff they are playing is just not championship caliber football. I don't care how exciting it is.

Even the B1G is playing some defense...
I know Stanford was beat by ND but I think they beat both teams today, but you right I guess to a point. Oregon could play a little defese..as well as get a kicker. ND isn't playing in the Natty if Maldanado makes a kick, any kick in with in the 35 yard line. Hats off to ND, I hate them, and hope Georga beats Bama, and then slaughters them.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:02 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Curious what fan split will be. I'll say 70/30 Bama or 60/40 Georgia.
I know ND isn't a vaunted SEC team but you know we have probably the largest fanbase in college football right? You know we haven't played in a game of this magnitude since the Reagan Administration right? So Notre Dame fans will show up. Hell from what I've heard it was a 60/40 split USC/ND in the Coliseum last night.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I know Stanford was beat by ND but I think they beat both teams today, but you right I guess to a point. Oregon could play a little defese..as well as get a kicker. ND isn't playing in the Natty if Maldanado makes a kick, any kick in with in the 35 yard line. Hats off to ND, I hate them, and hope Georga beats Bama, and then slaughters them.
Yes we are, we'd play you guys. Remember KSU lost that night too.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:15 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
The main difference is that when fans of teams from other conferences support their conference foes in bowl season, they don't develop conference-specific chants like S-E-C, S-E-C. Most others see that as bizarre, almost cult-like.
that's because "Most others" are ignorant and don't understand the game. When an SEC team beats a nonconference opponent, it benefits all SEC schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I know ND isn't a vaunted SEC team but you know we have probably the largest fanbase in college football right?
haha, right. biggest, maybe, but also the lowest quality. the typical notre dame fan has never been to south bend, and also roots for the lakers, the yankees, duke basketball, Man U, etc.

And then the REAL notre dame fans... well...they are an abomination

Last edited by le roi; 11-25-2012 at 06:28 AM..

Old 11-25-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
that's because "Most others" are ignorant and don't understand the game. When an SEC team beats a nonconference opponent, it benefits all SEC schools.

haha, right. biggest, maybe, but also the lowest quality. the typical notre dame fan has never been to south bend, and also roots for the lakers, the yankees, duke basketball, Man U, etc.

And then the REAL notre dame fans... well...
they are an abomination
Ha not even an ignorant and completely garbage post like this can bring ruin this moment. Every team in college football is looking up to Notre Dame. Go on cheering for a whole conference...that's a "high quality" fan right there.

Last edited by SoCalbound12; 11-25-2012 at 08:06 AM..

Old 11-25-2012, 08:36 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Fans of the Florida Gators shouldn't celebrate too much. Remember your homecoming game this year? You very nearly were upset by a Sun Belt conference team, UL Lafayette, a team you PAID to be your homecoming opponent. The Sun Belt isn't the easy pushover conference it once was. Ranked teams have had a hard time against some of the teams in this conference. Oh, and if you watched last year's New Orleans Bowl between UL Lafayette and San Diego State, look forward to this year's New Orleans Bowl because UL Lafayette accepted the invitation to return again. After several decades of no bowls, they're going to a bowl two years in a row.
When you assume a team is a cupcake sometimes the game is close. Congrats on your payment and loss. Every team pays schools like yours.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,529 times
Quote:
I know ND isn't a vaunted SEC team but you know we have probably the largest fanbase in college football right? You know we haven't played in a game of this magnitude since the Reagan Administration right? So Notre Dame fans will show up. Hell from what I've heard it was a 60/40 split USC/ND in the Coliseum last night.
No one travels like Bama other than Nebraska. USC fanbase is not very good. Bama fan will skip rent and car payments to make it to a national championship game. They will have more people in Atlanta than UGA will.

Bandwagon fans don't travel. Miami had a huge national fanbase when they were good but they didn't travel.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:04 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,195 times
Quote:
Yes we are, we'd play you guys. Remember KSU lost that night too.
yeah thats true, but maybe not, after the SEC championship, ND would have been eliminated. woulda coulda...doesn't matter now. Rudy is going down in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football