Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:22 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,336,104 times

Advertisements

Oregon's offense is unbelievable, but they're defense is unbelievably bad. Based on what I've seen, they wouldn't stand a chance against Alabama. USC ran the ball and passed the ball at will, but didn't have the defense to keep Oregon contained. Alabama would never allow that kind of point total.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,963,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Oregon's offense is unbelievable, but they're defense is unbelievably bad. Based on what I've seen, they wouldn't stand a chance against Alabama. USC ran the ball and passed the ball at will, but didn't have the defense to keep Oregon contained. Alabama would never allow that kind of point total.
Oh so your going to forget all the big time stops we've made all year long against good teams ...like 0 points...and now we go to the Collosium and stop a hyped up USC and you have amnesia. But that's cool.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:15 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Kenyon Barner was the star of the game with almost 400 yards and 5 touchdowns...sick...and Marcus Mariota shined as well as Josh Huff. Marcus is the beat freshman QB I've ever witnessed play. Ill post his stats in a bit. Freaking amazing. And don't be so hard on the D. They did their job!!!
Crazy to think that we just put up more yards against SC than anyone in their history. It was so awesome to see Barner gutting them. I mean, seriously, it got to the point that every time we had the ball, I was cool, calm, and relaxed and knew we would score.

It's good to be a Duck!

Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 AM

Do you Freakin realize what that game did for Marcus Mariota? -and the ducks? That was as big of a stage as it gets and my boy throws four TD's. You better Freakin ask somebody.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 AM

121 posts, read 121,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Oh so your going to forget all the big time stops we've made all year long against good teams ...like 0 points...and now we go to the Collosium and stop a hyped up USC and you have amnesia. But that's cool.
Actually chickenfried is one of the most levelheaded SEC posters I have ever read on any messageboard. He has been pimping Oregon most of the season. And I am originally from Oregon.

You know who else wasn't thrilled with Oregon's D tonight? Chip Kelly. He rarely says anything about the D when interviewed, but he did tonight.

You can figure that a talented USC offense combined with the quick strike Oregon offense means about 30 or so points for USC. I get that. Hell, you can throw away that last touchdown and drop it to 45. Somewhere in there is a big play that shouldn't be given up and a drive that needed to be stopped, and you would have your 30-31 points. 62-31 is a hell of a statement. Maybe enough to sway some voters away from Alabama and give the Ducks some number 1 votes.

Two plays is not too much to ask for a championship caliber defense.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
Actually chickenfried is one of the most levelheaded SEC posters I have ever read on any messageboard. He has been pimping Oregon most of the season. And I am originally from Oregon.

You know who else wasn't thrilled with Oregon's D tonight? Chip Kelly. He rarely says anything about the D when interviewed, but he did tonight.

You can figure that a talented USC offense combined with the quick strike Oregon offense means about 30 or so points for USC. I get that. Hell, you can throw away that last touchdown and drop it to 45. Somewhere in there is a big play that shouldn't be given up and a drive that needed to be stopped, and you would have your 30-31 points. 62-31 is a hell of a statement. Maybe enough to sway some voters away from Alabama and give the Ducks some number 1 votes.

Two plays is not too much to ask for a championship caliber defense.
If your going to use something coach said you need to quote. I'd bet your blowing a small comment up. He probably said the truth...which would be props..but we need to do better.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:16 AM

I refuse to forget those fingertip defensive stops. Our defense shined in my eyes. I saw it.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM

My personal star of the game - Marcus Mariota

20/23 - 87%

304 yards/4 TD's

Ill say again and again and again and again:

I believe we have the first freshman quarterback to ever...in the history of college football..lead his team to a National title.

Great job Marcus!!! Well keep this on the huff for now...lol

Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 AM

18,229 posts, read 25,887,766 times

No personal attacks. There's a thing here called TOS that everybody agrees to when they signed to this message boards.

Thread re-opened.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-04-2012 at 11:21 AM..

Old 11-04-2012, 12:24 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,350 times
(Mod edit-two sentences deleted) seriously, what in the world are you arguing about- what Chip's coy answers really mean? Chip is a tough nut to crack. The dude can be uber-honest and coded all in one. Was he pleased with the defense? Probably not. Was he realistic and knew that it was going to be one of those games? Probably. In fact in the post conference he said he knew it was going to be a boat race after the first few possessions. The defense will be fine. It is still young and will continue to grow.

Chip and staff will look at what the deal was and they'll go from there. At least for the next few games, we will not have to face the talent that was SC's offense until possibly the Pac-12 CG (possibly SC again) or a game vs. Bama. Very few teams have the deep threat that Lee, Woods, and the frosh Algholar pose. SC had those cats in all night long, forcing us to rotate a safety over for man coverage. We saw Kiffin's best game plan, absorbed another great game from Barkley, and won- and in reality should have won by more.

Go Ducks!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-04-2012 at 10:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football