Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:39 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Yeah, but they almost lost to Utah State and a Cincy team that is 3-3
Good point,

They only beat Utah State by 7
Air Force by 3
Cincinnati by 2
Texas by 8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 04:24 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,953,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Why not?
Oklahoma has beaten:
#17 Florida state
Air Force (who are 5-2)
#21 Texas (who just beat #5 Nebraska)

Oregon has beaten:
Tennessee (who are 2-4)
#9 Stanford

...seems to make plenty of sense...
Exactly... And don't forget who BS has beaten as well - NOBODY.

These Boise State (BS!) and Oregon HOMERS are really sad. Oklahoma has beaten 3 ranked teams and destroyed Florida State. They will also play Missouri at Mizzou next week. If they win that game, it should shut you Oregon and BS homers up. I say SHOULD, but it won't.

If Oklahoma loses that game (and it's very possible because Missouri is a GOOD team), then they deserve what they get (a drop in the rankings).

Bowl Champ. Series

Old 10-18-2010, 07:14 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,612,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Yeah, but they almost lost to Utah State and a Cincy team that is 3-3
So "almost losses" or in other words, wins, should hurt a team in the polls?

"But coach!! We almost won!!11!!! yay!!1!"

Old 10-18-2010, 07:20 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,081 times
Oklahoma has been funny this year by almost losing to some teams (cinci, air force), and then completely demolishing others (iowa state, florida state)... what is up with that?

Old 10-18-2010, 07:37 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,423,786 times
Even if Oklahoma makes the NC, they will certainly lose. That team is notorious for losing big bowl games. I'd rather see Boise or TCU get a shot to win.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:53 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,683,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post

These Boise State (BS!) and Oregon HOMERS are really sad. Oklahoma has beaten 3 ranked teams and destroyed Florida State. They will also play Missouri at Mizzou next week. If they win that game, it should shut you Oregon and BS homers up. I say SHOULD, but it won't.
I'm the BSU homer, and I have no problem with this ranking because I understand it doesn't matter for Boise State. Did you not read my post?

What cracks me up are the fans of other schools who think BSU is all hype when every objective source out there has them with one of the higher computer and SOS rankings in FBS football thus far, and just about every subjective voter that matters has them at 1-5.

I fully expect us to drop as we continue with conference play because the teams simply aren't as good. Perfectly fine with that. Boise State needs teams above and around them to continue to lose.

It's also so curious that so many of you are willing to give TCU the benefit of the doubt when their SOS is far below Boise State's, they haven't been nearly as impressive as Boise State, and Boise State beat them last year and returns THEIR ENTIRE TEAM. So of you make NO sense.

So, to sum, I'm fine with the rankings.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:54 AM

749 posts, read 2,440,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
So "almost losses" or in other words, wins, should hurt a team in the polls?

"But coach!! We almost won!!11!!! yay!!1!"
It should when the other team has thoroughly pasted their opponents. I'm no Duck fan but look at their lowest margin of victory......... 11 points that's 2 scores and that's the closest anyone has came to beating them.

Oregon has taken care of business to the extent where no last second heroics or tricks ( see FL vs. LSU this year) could have cost them the game...they should be rewarded for that.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:03 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,461,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post

If Oklahoma loses that game (and it's very possible because Missouri is a GOOD team), then they deserve what they get (a drop in the rankings).

Bowl Champ. Series
Wow, pretty strong words since there really are only two Oregon fans, myself and Foreverking. No Oregon fan here has whined about the rankings. I stated I have no real problem with OU being ranked ahead of us. I'm not whining about it, but find it odd that Oregon can be ranked number 1 in both the human polls, but way down at 8 in the computer polls. But, followed that up by saying that things will pan out.

I will agree that if OU beats Mizzou (which I believe they will), they will extend the lead over Oregon. Now, if the Ducks brutalize UCLA (which I hope they do) on Thursday, and combined with the destruction of Texas by that UCLA team, I think Oregon will pull away from Boise State next week as well.

OU can be number 1. All I want is for Oregon to be number 2. If that happens, we'll see who is better. I can guarantee that the Ducks are faster and a whole lot better than Utah State, Air Force, Cincy, Texas, and FSU.

Last edited by Acuda; 10-18-2010 at 09:59 AM..

Old 10-18-2010, 05:56 PM

6,092 posts, read 9,128,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Wow, pretty strong words since there really are only two Oregon fans, myself and Foreverking. No Oregon fan here has whined about the rankings. I stated I have no real problem with OU being ranked ahead of us. I'm not whining about it, but find it odd that Oregon can be ranked number 1 in both the human polls, but way down at 8 in the computer polls. But, followed that up by saying that things will pan out.

I will agree that if OU beats Mizzou (which I believe they will), they will extend the lead over Oregon. Now, if the Ducks brutalize UCLA (which I hope they do) on Thursday, and combined with the destruction of Texas by that UCLA team, I think Oregon will pull away from Boise State next week as well.

OU can be number 1. All I want is for Oregon to be number 2. If that happens, we'll see who is better. I can guarantee that the Ducks are faster and a whole lot better than Utah State, Air Force, Cincy, Texas, and FSU.
well put!

Old 10-18-2010, 07:18 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,411,535 times
It's just the first ranking...in actuality who cares. There is about half a season, to play, still. I think a 1 loss Bama team should play a 1 loss Wisconsin team. Oklahoma probably won't lose though...so you'll have to take one of those 2 teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football