Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2011, 11:16 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Stay classy A&M (aggy band "sawing off Varsity's horns")....

Fightin' Texas Aggie Band 11-24-11 - YouTube
'The Noble Men of Kyle Field'

Indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 07:18 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
If you were an Aggie freshman the last time TAMU won a bowl game (2001), you would be 28 now. probably married, maybe a kid or two.

If you were an Ag freshman the last time the Ags won a conference title (1998), you would be 31 now, married, kids, house.

If you were an Ag freshman the last time the Ags finished in the top 10 (1994), you would be 35 now. The Ags didn’t play in a bowl that year due to NCAA penalty.

If you were an Aggie freshman the last time the Ags finished in the Top 5 (1956), you would be 73 now, retired, grandkids. The Ags didn’t play in a bowl that year due to SWC penalties.

If you were an Ag freshman the last time the Ags won a MNC (1939), you would probably be dead now, but if you weren’t you would be drooling in your jello at an old folks home at the age of 90.

If you were a UT freshman the last time Texas did all of those things (2005), you would probably be graduated now
lmao

Old 11-26-2011, 07:36 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
You buddy, have no idea what you are talking about. You actually spelled out the "Big XII". <<In a Texas accent>> You aint from des parts now arr ya partna.
Leave!!

No really, Texas like any other school or university is after money. EPSN said hey here ya go. Name one school that would turn down 300 million??

Big XII rules and all the legal stuff never said that is would be a NO NO for a school to have it's own deal. So, Texas broke no rules, ESPN was interested in TEXAS and only TEXAS and not all Big XII schools. Come on now, who wants to look at Kansas, Iowa St, football week in and week out??

I know, I know it's not about that, it's how snooty and reckless Texas is. Well Texas is in the BIG XII and always wanted to be!!

TEXAS FIGHT!!
Agreed about the $$ offered by ESPN. I have read a thousand threads on the subject and I personally never felt any wrongdoing by TX getting the LHN. Who cares? And the argument that they would benefit through 5 star recruits. Heck, UT already gets them. Didn't help their season last year or this year, has it? It takes a lot more than all-american high school picks to keep a consistently strong program.

After all the TX high schoolers go to UT, TT, Baylor and countless JuCo's, the left overs go to KS State. (My team!) That is life.

I think Nebraska had it's own agenda for leaving and CO used to be the North Korea to Nebraska's China. So they left too. If they want to leave, so be it, good bye, no tears shed here, end of story.

I can't believe people are still trying to bad mouth Texas over other programs running for the hills.

BTW, thank you so much for sending aTm to the SEC with another loss.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Agreed about the $$ offered by ESPN. I have read a thousand threads on the subject and I personally never felt any wrongdoing by TX getting the LHN. Who cares? And the argument that they would benefit through 5 star recruits. Heck, UT already gets them. Didn't help their season last year or this year, has it? It takes a lot more than all-american high school picks to keep a consistently strong program.

After all the TX high schoolers go to UT, TT, Baylor and countless JuCo's, the left overs go to KS State. (My team!) That is life.

I think Nebraska had it's own agenda for leaving and CO used to be the North Korea to Nebraska's China. So they left too. If they want to leave, so be it, good bye, no tears shed here, end of story.

I can't believe people are still trying to bad mouth Texas over other programs running for the hills.

BTW, thank you so much for sending aTm to the SEC with another loss.
Good post.

The schools that left used UT as a scapegoat for their own failures.

UT should've petitioned/bribed your Kansas State Wildcats to depart instead. lol
Coach Snyder sure has got our number.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:38 AM

1,632 posts, read 483,499 times
That was an amazing game and great way to close out this rivalry, at least until 2018-2019. I was celebrating Thanksgiving during the game at my dad's side of the family, thank goodness. There's more Longhorn fans in that big bunch than my mom's side. I did love rubbing in the win to the lone Aggie fan there, though.

But I hope the Aggies aren't expecting any success in the SEC. Hope they have fun, though.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:42 PM

2012 A&M Bonfire:

Old 11-28-2011, 04:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Sad. Just sad, in a hilarious kind of way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
2012 A&M Bonfire:

There should be an aTm machine in the middle of the pile.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:10 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,127,170 times
And that is how it ends.

Well 7-5 is better than 5-7.

At least we can get into the .com or vacation bowl in Montana or South Dakota. LOL

Hook Em Horns!!

Old 12-04-2011, 07:46 AM

They met expectations for such a radical rebuilding year, IMO, but the goals will be much higher in 2012.

More development of QB game management is essential.

Next season the offensive & defensive systems will be more schooled into the kids, plus a ton of high quality talent is coming in.

Hook'em!

Old 12-14-2011, 01:58 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
I want to see what the Texas QB position will look like next year. I'm not a fan of Case, sorry. I think Ash has the better arm IMO. He had a bad game against KSU, I know. The oline must get better as well. Texas defense has the potential to be even better than this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football