Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 09:34 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,413,587 times

Advertisements

Too many penalties still. This is just obnoxious. Way too many turnovers to beat the Ducks.

I've seen enough of Dennis Erickson. Bring on Danny White.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 10:21 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,285,909 times
I'm dropping TCU and Oklahoma from the rankings as they almost lost to SMU and Cincinnati. I would probably put TCU at #14 and Oklahoma at #15. Also dropping Texas from the rankings completely (no top 25 ranking).

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Oregon
4. Nebraska
5. Boise State
6. Florida
7. Standford
8. Auburn
9. LSU
10. Michigan

Old 09-26-2010, 10:39 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,955,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I'm dropping TCU and Oklahoma from the rankings as they almost lost to SMU and Cincinnati. I would probably put TCU at #14 and Oklahoma at #15. Also dropping Texas from the rankings completely (no top 25 ranking).

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Oregon
4. Nebraska
5. Boise State
6. Florida
7. Standford
8. Auburn
9. LSU
10. Michigan
You do realize that TCU beat SMU by 17 points on the road don't you? And you are leaving out a very good Arkansas team that could probably beat Nebraska into the ground. Nebraska wasn't very impressive in their win over SD State and yet you have them at no. 4?

And until Oklahoma loses they should stay right where they are at; number 8 in the country.

Still bitter that the Whorns lost...

Old 09-26-2010, 11:22 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,285,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
You do realize that TCU beat SMU by 17 points on the road don't you? And you are leaving out a very good Arkansas team that could probably beat Nebraska into the ground. Nebraska wasn't very impressive in their win over SD State and yet you have them at no. 4?

And until Oklahoma loses they should stay right where they are at; number 8 in the country.

Still bitter that the Whorns lost...
Listen-- there is no room for TCU in the top 10. What makes you think TCU is better than any of the teams I put in their place? The only quality win TCU has is against Oregon state-- and they just got beat again by Boise State! So I ask-- why do you think TCU is better than Michigan? I watched that TCU vs SMU game-- it was ugly. I guess I don't buy into media hype that TCU should be ranked so high "just because they are a non-aq team that is challenging the traditional powers." I'll put them in the top 10 if they beat Utah by 2 touchdowns. As far as I'm concerned-- Utah is better than them right now. So you should be arguing that I put Utah in their place.

Would you really keep Arkansas in the top 10 after a loss? They were ranked #10 last time... so after a loss they don't move at all?

About Oklahoma-- why would I put them in the top 10 after they only beat Utah State by 1 touchdown, then they only beat Air Force by 3 points, and then they only beat Cincinnati by 2 points? Are you serious?

If I was bitter about Texas losing I wouldn't have said I would move them out of my top 25 would I?

Last edited by h152cc2; 09-26-2010 at 11:33 AM..

Old 09-26-2010, 11:27 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,269,878 times
This is how I would vote...but heck I just sell furntiure and NEVER even played football in any level

1. Ohio State
2. Oregon (would be number 1 but struggled 1st half)
3. Alabama
4. Boise State (I live in Boise so I might be a bit Biased, I admit)
5. Arkansas
6. Florida
7. Standford
8. Auburn
9. LSU
10. Arizona

Even in a loss, I thought Arkansas was pretty good, and could play with anybody in top 10, and could beat 6-10. my 10 ten is based on who I think could beat who...probably a bit of a diferent formula than the coaches poll uses. In the end, I want to see Oregon and Alabama or Boise and Ohio: Worst case...dont want Boise and Oregon, as I am a duck myself, and I cheer for my local Broncos too.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:39 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,684,840 times
I was at the Boise game and it was frustrating. Oregon State is a good team but really the score should have more more like 42-10 ish. HOWEVER, Boise committed many embarrassing penalties and Oregon State hung tough.

Top ten:

1. Alabama - I was really wondering what to do with Arkansas had they won, but no chaos yet.
2. Ohio State - Haven't played anyone (Miami is suspect) but haven't been challenged either.
3. Boise State - Still played one of the toughest schedules thus far. This is our ceiling, unfortunately.
4. Oregon - Getting closer to jumping BSU and will if they beat Stanford
5. Florida - Unimpressive to start but getting their mojo back.
6. Nebraska - Weak win, but it's a win and their D is still awesome.
7. TCU - Really could be anywhere from 4 to 7, it's that close.
8. Stanford - I think they've been impressive so far this season.
9. Wisconsin - Austin Peay isn't a worldbeater but they dominated them thoroughly.
10. Auburn - Gutty team. Cam Newton is legit.

For fun:

Heisman:

1. Terrell Pryor
2. Kellen Moore
3. Cam Newton
4. Denard Robinson
5. Patrick Peterson

Old 09-26-2010, 01:53 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,981 times
Ducks moved up to #4. However, we have some serious offensive issues that need to be solved or we will get blown out against Stanford. Our O Line has a very difficult time pass blocking. Darron Thomas gets hit every time he drops back and passes. Last night, it either appeared we ran a very conservative game plan or Thomas is having difficulty reading the defense on the zone read. He easily could have ran with the ball as the ASU defense was keying on James all night.

Gameday is coming to Eugene and we usually do well when they do come. Let's hope we open up that playbook.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Listen-- there is no room for TCU in the top 10. What makes you think TCU is better than any of the teams I put in their place? The only quality win TCU has is against Oregon state-- and they just got beat again by Boise State! So I ask-- why do you think TCU is better than Michigan? I watched that TCU vs SMU game-- it was ugly. I guess I don't buy into media hype that TCU should be ranked so high "just because they are a non-aq team that is challenging the traditional powers." I'll put them in the top 10 if they beat Utah by 2 touchdowns. As far as I'm concerned-- Utah is better than them right now. So you should be arguing that I put Utah in their place.
Yeah, I'd say bitter because TCU (despite the few mistakes they had) still beat a rising SMU team on the road. Bama almost lost and Ohio State hung 73 on their opponent, yet Alabama is still #1?

I wouldn't call it much media hype for the Horned Frogs because TCU is still taking a backseat to Boise State, a school that JUST got into the FBS less than 20 years ago and doesn't have the same history TCU has.

You're probably just another one of those guys who thinks "because they're not one of the 'BIG BOYS', they shouldn't sit at the 'BIG BOY' table". It's real easy to claim that TCU would get killed if they were in one of these AQ Conferences when you know it's not gonna happen.

So no matter how you rank them, Boise State and TCU are both #3 and #5, respectively. Deal with it.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:18 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
well...its almost October. what other upsets do you expect that would be bigger?
Just speaking in general. You never know.... but then again, things rarely go as planned in College Football.

Old 09-26-2010, 04:00 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,955,421 times
Who was the academic asswipe nerd that made up the whole "FBS" thing? I hate that acronym. Why not just say Division I football; it seemed to have worked for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football