Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,981 times

Advertisements

Glad to see the Huskies and Beavs go down tonight. Although, I think with an experienced QB, the Beavs would win that game. TCU's secondary is total garbage and I think they will be exposed against Utah.

A lot of top ranked teams looked like garbage today...Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, etc. but sadly will still be highly ranked on Sunday.

I'd take my Ducks in a game against every one of those teams by at least 2 tds...isn't talking smack about college football great. I sure have missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 09:53 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,459,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Glad to see the Huskies and Beavs go down tonight. Although, I think with an experienced QB, the Beavs would win that game. TCU's secondary is total garbage and I think they will be exposed against Utah.

A lot of top ranked teams looked like garbage today...Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, etc. but sadly will still be highly ranked on Sunday.

I'd take my Ducks in a game against every one of those teams by at least 2 tds...isn't talking smack about college football great. I sure have missed it.
Oh man its awesome college football is back on!

Old 09-04-2010, 10:15 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,210,460 times
You could never see enthusiasm ( like seen after the JV State/Ole Miss game) in a NFL regular season game.

College football is special.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Oh man its awesome college football is back on!
The Ducks tied an Autzen record for the most points scored in our stadium, 72. The last time we scored that many was in 1999 against, Nevada. But, Nevada score 10 on us. I was hoping we would break that record today. You know you spend too much time on CityData when you actually recognize other CDer's teams in reference to your own.

Here's to a good Wolfpack season!

Old 09-04-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Oh yeah, and UW is going to take the Pac10.

You heard it here first. I am the only person in the world that is calling BSU in the BCS CG, Rutgers in the Big East, and UW in the PAC10. 3 great QB's that will get it done in conferences that are down. Don't be shocked when it happens. Just think of me.

This thread just got **offishul**.
London (Seattle) calling...London (Seattle) calling...Locker sure lit it up and is now a whooping 8-21 as a stater. You can't really believe UW will win the Pac when the Ducks, your favorite team, just put up a million points on a high school team, right?

Utah State can be tough. I mean, we only beat them in 2008 66-24 with Justin Roper as QB 1...ever hear of him?...I haven't either (and I'm a Duck fan for crying out loud )

WTF man?

Old 09-04-2010, 11:15 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times
..... I guess "a win is a win" only applies to BCS schools?

Old 09-04-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
The Ducks tied an Autzen record for the most points scored in our stadium, 72. The last time we scored that many was in 1999 against, Nevada. But, Nevada score 10 on us. I was hoping we would break that record today. You know you spend too much time on CityData when you actually recognize other CDer's teams in reference to your own.

Haha damn didn't actually know the last time the Ducks scored that many at home was against Nevada, lets hope you can do it v Portland State!

Hope the Ducks win the Pac-10!

Old 09-05-2010, 01:08 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,632,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Looks like BYU have it now again UW, good game to watch, will surely hurt Lockers Hesiman chances early on.
I'm not sure Locker really had any true Heisman chances anyway. I mean, he may be a good quarterback, but he is just on a bad team- people here in Seattle are out of their minds to think there is any hope when their team is not in the National Championship or at least BCS hunt.

They have high hopes of beating Nebraska out here in a couple of weeks- I predict my Huskers beat them by at least 2-3 touchdowns. :-)

Old 09-05-2010, 01:11 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,632,799 times
Quote:

I didn't get to see that game, unfortunately. We were at a sports bar here in the Seattle area watching the Nebraska game and was floored when I saw the Ducks up something like 59-0 at HALF when scores were being scrolled across the bottom of the screen. I looked at my wife and said that had to be an error! Wow, just incredible- and people were saying they would really hurt after losing Masoli. Go Ducks, you guys are always fun to watch! Though Nebraska is my team and the Big 12 is my conference, I always enjoy watching the Ducks- I hope they can dominate the Pac-10 this year.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
I'm not sure Locker really had any true Heisman chances anyway. I mean, he may be a good quarterback, but he is just on a bad team- people here in Seattle are out of their minds to think there is any hope when their team is not in the National Championship or at least BCS hunt.

They have high hopes of beating Nebraska out here in a couple of weeks- I predict my Huskers beat them by at least 2-3 touchdowns. :-)
In all honestly I never rated him as a Heisman hopeful but I know alot of people did, I don't know how anyone could possibly think that when you've lead your team to a 8-21 record
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football