Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 01:06 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,311,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancePippin0982 View Post
I went to Greenville Mall Friday night and noticed the Subway and Hwy 55 restaurants at the Food Court were no longer there and had a wall in front of where they used to be.
Didn't that Hwy 55 used to be Andy's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 01:30 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
Didn't that Hwy 55 used to be Andy's?
Andy's changed their name to Hwy 55 because they want to expand their territory. There were trademark issues with the name Andy's, hence the name change. Their current business plan is to attach themselves to any Wal Mart they can, including our new one. They no longer care about being in malls, especially mediocre ones.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:56 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Andy's changed their name to Hwy 55 because they want to expand their territory. There were trademark issues with the name Andy's, hence the name change. Their current business plan is to attach themselves to any Wal Mart they can, including our new one. They no longer care about being in malls, especially mediocre ones.
Or any location that is AWAY from traffic. I swear they try to hid their businesses. Or at least used to.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:07 AM

I can't recall if I've posted about the next phase at ECU's North Rec Complex. Phase 3 will include: 4 new regulation size softball fields, and shared field house; 1 smaller club softball field; 6-8 multipurpose fields; 3 batting cages; 2 lighted tennis courts; a 5k trail; and maybe a small outdoor amphitheater.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:16 PM

145 posts, read 266,774 times
The canopy at the new Vidant Children's Hospital collapsed because of all the snow and ice that has fallen over the last two days. Just thought it might interest some of y'all since it's fairly new.

Canopy Collapses At Vidant Children's Hospital, No Injuries

Old 02-12-2014, 08:12 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,599,646 times
That canopy always had a weird "temporary" look to it, like the place was still under construction. They could built a much better entrance roof than that. I wonder if they will replace it with another canopy or something new?

Old 02-13-2014, 06:52 AM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times
^ It's supposed to look like a sail at night time, that's the premise behind it. I'm sure they'll just replace it with the same thing.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
That canopy always had a weird "temporary" look to it, like the place was still under construction. They could built a much better entrance roof than that. I wonder if they will replace it with another canopy or something new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
^ It's supposed to look like a sail at night time, that's the premise behind it. I'm sure they'll just replace it with the same thing.
It was actually just a portion of it, not all of the canopy but I would assume that all the snow piled on top and it wasn't made to support hardly any weight. They normally don't have to think about snow in ENC when building things like this.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:36 PM

Neat perspective of Uptown:

Old 02-13-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Neat perspective of Uptown:
Now this is just a thought I had when I saw that picture. Why isn't Greenville's boardwalk more boat/fishing friendly? Yes there is a boat ramp down there but I think there should be a place to dock your boat as well. Washington has a whole dock downtown and it's really a great feature to their city. People can just park their boats up there and go eat and hang out in town. I know Washington has a much wider river to work with but there are still many boats going up and down the Tar and I would think the city would encourage more recreation such as boating. The boardwalk just seems like it's a path beside the river that you can only look at the river. You aren't able to access the water easily. I would assume that you can't fish from the edge right? Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

I think it would be nice to see some shops and restaurants built closer to the river on the Town Commons to help connect the city with the river. I think the best use of the river is to bridge the gap between the city and the river cause right now the Commons seems like such a barrier that separates you from the river.

I'm not saying I want Greenville to be like Washington, I just think that they could get some ideas from their use of the riverfront. I've been down there many times and it's a really fun place to go eat and walk around downtown.

Last edited by piratesrock; 02-13-2014 at 11:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina