Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 04:04 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
Have the mayor mentioned anything about this yet?
No, he hasn't. He hinted at commercial developments downtown, but for all we know it could just be Chipotle and the Circuit City building transformation.

With government and politicians I always expect delays and, usually, lower targets. Maybe they'll announce something soon. Who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 07:45 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,860,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Try reading this thread and you'd know the answer.
Geez...which page out of 414? I know it has been talked about on multiple occasions. Was just asking to get updated.

Thanks for the other guy posting the actual info. Good to see something going in that location.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:07 AM

247 posts, read 445,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
No, he hasn't. He hinted at commercial developments downtown, but for all we know it could just be Chipotle and the Circuit City building transformation.

With government and politicians I always expect delays and, usually, lower targets. Maybe they'll announce something soon. Who knows?
Thank you Phil A. Delphia!

Old 02-01-2014, 09:57 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Geez...which page out of 414? I know it has been talked about on multiple occasions. Was just asking to get updated.

Thanks for the other guy posting the actual info. Good to see something going in that location.
We discussed this in the last couple of weeks, not several months ago. Is it that hard of an effort to read a thread if you're going to participate? People are reading your posts. Why aren't you reading others?

Old 02-03-2014, 12:14 AM

1,106 posts, read 3,534,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
I'm not sure there are any other indoor inflatable places around town.

There use to be one on Firetower that was great. We went to birthday parties there a lot but it closed down about a year ago.

There have been multiple on Memorial in a little shopping strip near Pitt Community but they were both horrible. We walked in with out kid & promptly walked out, nasty.

There is a play jump fit on Evans street which is part of a gym really. It's nothing more than a playground equipment indoors with one blow up slide. It sucks too.

The one on fire tower was awesome, they had lots of large blow up things to play on but apparently they didn't make enough money since they shut down.
Thanks, I believe this is my answer. Seems Greenville has had a few unsuccessful indoor playgrounds/party centers that hasn't survived. I didn't think the population was there so it had me wondering if any people have tried before.

Mike

Old 02-03-2014, 06:23 PM

3,084 posts, read 4,860,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
Thanks, I believe this is my answer. Seems Greenville has had a few unsuccessful indoor playgrounds/party centers that hasn't survived. I didn't think the population was there so it had me wondering if any people have tried before.

Mike
The Monkey Joe's in Wilmington closed recently...the problem is when it isn't considered sanitary by parents...word spreads and then business drops off dramatically. Many of those places only have a 3 year life span at most because kids don't continue to go back.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:43 AM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times
we do have a serious lack of indoor things to do with children in Greenville. Outside of Parks & Rec opportunities, there are so little places to go. Esp. for birthday parties...it's the same old same old each year with my child & his friends..Rose's Gymnastics, Jump Fit, a Park, at the house, bowling etc.

The closest Roller Skating place is in Chocowinity / Washington...there are no places like a Chuck E Cheese or anything like that around here. So hard to plan parties in the winter time in this town.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:01 PM

192 posts, read 281,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post

Mike
So I just got a "postcard" in the mail yesterday marketing a new indoor playground type area in Greenville. I'll try to get a pic and post it later.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:39 PM

5 posts, read 9,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy8006 View Post
Saw a sign in the door of the old Daily Grind restaurant that said "Ribeyes Steakhouse coming soon and now hiring". I've never eaten there but I have heard from many that it is really good. I still think that is a great location for a restaurant.
Outdoor signs are now up
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-dsc01050.jpg  

Old 02-04-2014, 05:14 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
The city is wanting to Permit Microbreweries in the Uptown area, to help spark redevelopment

This would be the boundary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina