Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 06:22 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
So I guess it's SEC or bust. Looking like ECU will never join a power conference.
Outside of a dramatic shift in the NCAA, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 06:24 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times
Something a little different.

Construction to Begin on Greenville Tar River Camping Platforms | Sound Rivers

Old 09-01-2016, 10:13 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,631 times
ECU and Appalachian are the best candidates in NC for SEC (after App's showing tonight, they look like an SEC team).

The only problem with those two... App's stadium is small, but it's really pretty. ECU's is larger (though still small by SEC standards) but needed a makeover and expansion on the press box side like 15 years ago.

In states where there is an SEC school, the SEC Network is required to be carried on basic cable... so network money is the probably the main reason the SEC would want ECU. Not to mention that the actual network HQ is in Charlotte, I just don't know if the rest of the schools would want that enough to accept them. There's rumblings that Missouri is not happy and wants to go back to the Big 12. If they do, there's an opening in the SEC east.

Not much of a chance that Wake or UNC would leave the ACC but I would not put it past Debbie Yow to have State bail out of the ACC if SEC came knocking.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:23 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,631 times
Donald Trump is making a stop in Greenville on Tuesday at the convention center. Other candidates/VP candidates have filled up Minges Coliseum in the past... the convention center seems like an odd choice.

Old 09-02-2016, 04:55 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Surveying has started for the Firetower Rd widening project between Portertown Rd and Charles Blvd.
Weren't there a bunch of people busting my chops over this when I told them it was going to be the east end of Firetower and not over by PCC?

Old 09-02-2016, 06:55 AM

144 posts, read 189,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Not much of a chance that Wake or UNC would leave the ACC but I would not put it past Debbie Yow to have State bail out of the ACC if SEC came knocking.
No one in the ACC is going anywhere until 2036 at the earliest since all their schools signed a new grant of rights extension this summer.

If the SEC wants a school in NC, one of the two only contiguous real southern states left available, then ECU is the most likely choice before 2036. Furthermore, the ultimate P5 conference size for each conference has mostly been centered on 16 schools. If so, then the SEC still has two possible slots left without Missouri going anywhere.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:46 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,856,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Weren't there a bunch of people busting my chops over this when I told them it was going to be the east end of Firetower and not over by PCC?
This stretch should have been widened about 15 years ago. Greenville's got a 20 year backlog of projects.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:38 AM

Default Town Common Phase II

The Town Common Concept A did not get posted a few days ago. Both Concept A & B are now posted on the City website. Concept A is much better than B in my opinion. I'm curious to know more about the "Stepping Stones + Logs" areas. For instance, are the real logs? If so, how long would they last before they decomposed? Also, what functions would the Civic Building provide? But, overall Concept A is a much better plan. I especially like the location of the amphitheater and the large plaza area around the Evans Street entrance. I'd like to see greater use of shading with arbors for areas where there is seating and I'd prefer seating that is movable and stationary versus just stationary.

Below are links to both concepts. I'm linking to Concept B since it is a better quality image.

http://www.greenvillenc.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=12023

http://www.greenvillenc.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=12025

Old 09-02-2016, 12:36 PM

Below is the link for the Phase II presentation. It helps explain wth examples the schematic drawings a little better.

http://www.greenvillenc.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=12021

Old 09-02-2016, 10:41 PM

155 posts, read 235,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingLocal View Post
ECU belongs in the SEC, ECU fits the SEC expansion model since it is in a contiguous southern state, and when ECU gets there, all its alumni, fans, and supporters will be glad they didn't get in the Big 12.
You're dead on with this! In another 5 years there will likely be more dramatic expansion is right now the SEC is the most logical fit for ECU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina