Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2010, 09:23 AM

353 posts, read 458,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
I can't believe there aren't more restaurants in front on the movie theater complex...East Coast Wings is good but I wouldn't mind some more selection out there. An ice cream shop would be a good idea as well.
I've always thought, since that complex opened, this was strange. Maybe it's the proximity to Tobacco Road and other "unsightly" areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 08:03 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,901,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
NC doesn't have a D&B yet, Charlotte and Raleigh can support one and possibly even Greensboro but Greenville can't. Maryland only has two D&B's so NC will have up to two D&B's.

Between the college kids and the military I think it can. Rockville, MD is in the DC Metro, it's not huge city or a destination in of itself. I've been to D&Bs in Rockville and San Diego and military was always the biggest patrons, along with college/college age kids. Essentially they are the same age group.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:20 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,958 times
Well Greenville just doesn't meet up with D&B demographics yet, if Greenville would ever get one it would be a mini test market one, not the large one's that MD, San Diego, and etc has. But Greenville definetly has some nice homes on this road named "Mobley Brige Road", it shocked me how nice they were. Ill post pictures a little later.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:31 PM

I only took pictures of the homes that looked different to me, some of the houses looked just like regular winterville homes.

THIS HOUSE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN GREENVILLE, it surprised me for real b/c it's like a midwest style home. It was too big for my camera

This is the New Development behind CVS on Memorial Drive, sorry if you can't see it that well but I wasn't going down Firetower road. Does anybody know what it will be yet?

The Last two Picture's are the Washington Waterfront and Condo's

Old 05-10-2010, 04:21 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,106,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead0043 View Post
I've always thought, since that complex opened, this was strange. Maybe it's the proximity to Tobacco Road and other "unsightly" areas?
Hey there metalhead.

I think the problem with that complex is simple. There is a saying in real estate. It's "location, location, location" Once you cross east of Memorial you're kinda heading into a dead zone for retail commerical development. There is very little in that area.

The good news is that Leon Hardy Sr bought a whole lot of property further up Allen Rd and has plans to put several thousand houses and some office buildings in there. Now if they can get some more retail going in closer to the movie theatre then they would stand a chance of filling that shopping center. It will become a destination instead of a place that's out of the way to go to.

Traffic on that portion of Greenville Blvd isn't real heavy. There's a decent amount but perhaps not enough to make that area a destination. Traffic counts show about 15,500 (average) trips a day up and down that road. Assuming equal traffic going in both directions that's only about 7,750 possible cars driving past that shopping center on that side of the road.

You can see the traffic maps here:

NCDOT: Traffic Volume Maps

Old 05-10-2010, 04:51 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,106,428 times
SunnyKayak found this story about ASMO building a new warehouse....

The Daily Reflector (http://www.reflector.com/news/asmo-building-warehouse-34535 - broken link)

Old 05-10-2010, 09:31 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,263,938 times
Haven't seen this mentioned here:

Kings Arms on Charles Blvd and Green Street Apartments off of 11th and four private houses are all getting razed. Edwards Communities Development Company bought all the land to build high-end student housing. They are already going to take out 12th St near Dominos and Lawrence St to 11th.

It will be good to clean up that area and get students back near downtown, like with First Street Place.

They will also "respect" Green Mill Run, so hopefully we'll be able to get the greenway through there.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:59 PM

107 posts, read 175,855 times
I've heard that they are also planning to take out Domino's & the Masonic Temple for the development on Charles Street. The students are leaving these older apartment complexes for the newer ones. It's great that they plan to raze this one and build a more modern one which will attract students near the University.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:39 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,263,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityadvocate View Post
I've heard that they are also planning to take out Domino's & the Masonic Temple for the development on Charles Street. The students are leaving these older apartment complexes for the newer ones. It's great that they plan to raze this one and build a more modern one which will attract students near the University.
Na. Those two properties were rezoned, but they currently aren't selling the land. They could in the future though. I wish they would knock down that Duck Thru and car wash as well. All those car washes look ghetto, outside of Adams.

Plus no students live at Kings Arms. It is a huge blight right on the Charles Blvd thoroughfare. I am very happy it is getting razed.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:42 PM

Downtown Greenville is going to be pretty nice in less 5 years if you ask me. With all the new dorms planned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina