Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 12:10 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,251 times

Advertisements

Did anybody notice that someone changed the title of this thread? It's now:

Greenville Area Developments (Wilmington, Washington, Winterville: 2011, apartments, hotel)

You can see it at the top of this page... https://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...elopments.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Did anybody notice that someone changed the title of this thread? It's now:

Greenville Area Developments (Wilmington, Washington, Winterville: 2011, apartments, hotel)

You can see it at the top of this page... https://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...elopments.html
Whoa whoa whoa. Great catch. Sorry but this is for GREENVILLE developments only. What does Wilmington have to do with Greenville at all?! At least Winterville and Washington are suburbs of Greenville.

Please change it back to the original intent!

Old 02-08-2011, 12:05 PM

The South gate entrance to the hospital will be permanently closed tomorrow (Feb 9). Recall they are going to start on the new Childrens Hospital in June. Maybe its related, but I don't know.

*Unsure why my photo isn't showing up.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:12 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Whoa whoa whoa. Great catch. Sorry but this is for GREENVILLE developments only. What does Wilmington have to do with Greenville at all?! At least Winterville and Washington are suburbs of Greenville.

Please change it back to the original intent!
Yeah, it's almost like this thread is it's own little sub forum. Maybe SunnyKayak can fix it for us?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:21 PM

353 posts, read 458,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
No. It is going into the Kirklands, which is a freestanding building, at the mall. IMO, it is a horrible spot. You won't get any decent parking until the mall closes. I'm not gonna drive around 20mins to find a spot to park. Plus it doesn't look large enough for a restaurant.

At least Mellow Mushroom is on the "slow side" of the mall and will have a better parking situation.

I guess I am just disappointed that these didn't go downtown.
Ah I see now. I knew the building but I had no idea that it was a Kirkland's there. I never paid attention since I never shopped there. Yes, that is an awful location. It will be very difficult to get in there in rush hour and on the weekends.
Downtown would have made much more sense. Or at least in a different location nearby, like maybe where that short-lived oyster bar was in Arlington Square. I think it was called Chrissie's or something like that. I'm not sure how much space they had but it was at least big enough for a restaurant anyway.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:07 PM

168 posts, read 494,474 times
Yeah, Chrissie's was in Arlington Village but that spot is walking distance from Buffalo Wild Wings, they probably don't want competition that close. But there had to be something better than the Kirklands spot...

Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 PM

38 posts, read 96,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnwvs View Post
Would a dairy queen be too much to ask? I have to go to Tarboro for that too.
i feel ya.i only like soft serve and theres was good.they used to have a low fat yogurtsoftserve tasted like sherbert ,was to die for.when it was here i never went.now i need it back.lol

Old 02-09-2011, 09:40 PM

38 posts, read 96,463 times
did I read a while back in this thread that bike trails are being built? do we have any in greenville.i need a long trail. my neighborhood is nice but small.dead ends on both ends.so i have to pick out a nice neighborhood to take my bike to.i am tired of that. "desperately seeking bike trail".

Old 02-10-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millina2009 View Post
did I read a while back in this thread that bike trails are being built? do we have any in greenville.i need a long trail. my neighborhood is nice but small.dead ends on both ends.so i have to pick out a nice neighborhood to take my bike to.i am tired of that. "desperately seeking bike trail".
I just posted about the expansion to our greenway. Currently, you can go from the Town Commons to the dog park at Tar River Estates exclusively on a greenway. Right now, after that you have to take roads to Greensprings Park on 5th. Then you pick up Green Mill Run Greenway which goes past Elm St Park and onto the ECU campus.

They are currently building a greenway to connect the two. It hopefully will be open soon, but something tells me this weather is slowing down everything.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:46 PM

The final design for the Eastside Park (located near that Food Lion off of 10th and Portertown) has been picked.

It will have a:
Two story, 10,000sqft Arts & Crafts/Environmental Education Center,
Multi-purpose field
1.5-2acre dog park, 2-3acre "kids discovery playground"
Large (150+) pavilion with restrooms
Small picnic shelters
Extreme sports park
Two sand volleyball courts
Outdoor classroom/amphitheater
Multiple trails

EDIT: River Hills neighborhood is about to get hoooked up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina