Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2014, 08:37 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,600,517 times

Advertisements

I read recently that Millie's Gifts is moving, though I honestly can't remember where I read it or even where they're moving to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 09:15 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,264,777 times
Not much info, but here is something from WITN

Downtown Greenville Transportation Hub Moving Forward

A new transportation hub is in the works for downtown Greenville.

The long anticipated Greenville Transportation Activity Center is now fully funded and entering the final planning and design stages.

The "GTAC" as its known, will provide a central location for bus transfers amongst the city GREAT Bus system, ECU transit buses, Vidant transportation, and taxi services.

The center will be located at the corner of Pitt Street and Bonner Lane behind the police and fire stations.

Federal grants will cover 80 percent of the $7.9 million dollar price tag for the project. The city and state will each cover 10 percent of the costs.

The GTAC is expected to open in late 2016.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 AM

3,086 posts, read 4,863,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Not much info, but here is something from WITN

Downtown Greenville Transportation Hub Moving Forward

A new transportation hub is in the works for downtown Greenville.

The long anticipated Greenville Transportation Activity Center is now fully funded and entering the final planning and design stages.

The "GTAC" as its known, will provide a central location for bus transfers amongst the city GREAT Bus system, ECU transit buses, Vidant transportation, and taxi services.

The center will be located at the corner of Pitt Street and Bonner Lane behind the police and fire stations.

Federal grants will cover 80 percent of the $7.9 million dollar price tag for the project. The city and state will each cover 10 percent of the costs.

The GTAC is expected to open in late 2016.
One of the LoDo project's I was referencing....between Nathaniel Village and the Police/Fire Building and just off Dickinson Avenue. Would expect acquisition to be taking place soon. Its a good spot for this project and provide a good transition between West Greenville and Downtown in an area that needs to be redeveloped.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:33 AM

893 posts, read 1,344,751 times
Quote:
The center will be located at the corner of Pitt Street and Bonner Lane behind the police and fire stations
Can someone make a map of this area. I'm looking on google maps but have no idea where Bonner Ln is or where the facility will be located.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Can someone make a map of this area. I'm looking on google maps but have no idea where Bonner Ln is or where the facility will be located.
The parking area for the police/fire building downtown is between Pitt St and Reade Circle...Bonners Lane runs right into the Pitt St entrance. The facility will be right on that corner behind the parking lot. There are a few buildings to be removed.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:56 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,767,855 times
Quote:
It's basically across the street from the back side of the GPD parking lot, and it's Bonners Lane, not Bonner. Here's the one of the current buildings on the site:

*Actually, all theses buildings in the pic will come down for the GTAC.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:18 AM

^ ah thanks. That helps tremendously. A definite improvement in the area. I am very impressed the progress finally being made uptown. If they can keep this progress up over the next few years the Uptown district will actually be a place I'll look forward to going again.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:06 PM

Construction in uptown Greenville | The East Carolinian

East Carolinian article on uptown developments. Not the best article I've read & it seems flawed being that the hotel will not be across from the Rec Center.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Construction in uptown Greenville | The East Carolinian

East Carolinian article on uptown developments. Not the best article I've read & it seems flawed being that the hotel will not be across from the Rec Center.
I believe they meant to say apartments across from the Rec Center.

But there is some new stuff in that article (although worded a bit sloppy)...

The ECU Registrar's office is is using some of the Community Smith property...that is a major change that will bring foot traffic into downtown Greenville. Good to see ECU utilizing downtown.

Also the corner of 4th and Cotance will be the Visitor's Center? Are they referencing the old Elbo property? If not are they saying the old house for sale (that is actually on the corner). I noticed that ECU actually owns the building next to the old house that is for sale on 4th St....an area that was recently rumored to be a potential hotel site. Maybe this is all hush-hush because ECU is involved.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:46 PM

52 posts, read 97,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I read recently that Millie's Gifts is moving, though I honestly can't remember where I read it or even where they're moving to.
Millie's Gifts is moving to the Food Lion shopping center on South Memorial in front of Lowe's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina