Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 05:08 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncthompson11 View Post
they should have done that years ago instead of building the complexes 10 minutes away from campus. I say we tear down places like north campus crossing, the bellamy, and the landing and build some downtown in place of the ghettos. any chance of this happening?
The reason NCC, landing etc are built where they are is because it is easier to convert open farmland to apts. The people building this place at Kings Arms has to buy Kings Arms, Green Mill Apt plus ~5 other houses. That is a lot of work.

I think the city council has "seen the light" and will be more favorable when it comes to building more student housing near downtown.

I know there are plans on tearing down those townhomes across from Chicos and turning them into upper-end student housing. But I am not sure on the timeline for those.

Developers are also finding out that students want upper-end housing as well. So I Think, well see a boom of that type development. Hopefully close to downtown.

But I don't think you'll see student housing on the other side of the train tracks. They are trying to clean it up more, but it is too far away from school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 04:48 PM

353 posts, read 458,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
The new apartment complex that will be built where Kings Arms and Green Mill apts will be called The Province in Greenville. It will include nine three-story buildings, a maintenance building and a swimming pool that will be marketed to college students with one, two, three and four-bedroom units. The complex will include 244 units and 729 beds on 15.81-acres.
The Daily Reflector (http://www.reflector.com/news/real-crisis-center-faces-housing-crisis-39386 - broken link)
Good to hear. I read about that a few months ago, but it looks like it's finally coming around. Kings Arms is a real eyesore.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead0043 View Post
Good to hear. I read about that a few months ago, but it looks like it's finally coming around. Kings Arms is a real eyesore.

And it hurt even more being on a major thoroughfare and a stones throw away from Dowdy. This will help shore up the doughnut hole where students were not living in, going from campus to the athletic fields

Old 06-30-2010, 10:59 PM

20 posts, read 53,748 times
hey mrbojangles do you know any other changes coming near the downtown/ECU area? I really wish we could clean up a lot of those places and get more ECU stuff and some places that are not fast food restaurants.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:20 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,630,105 times
Anyone know what's going up between the Trade Wilco and the Bojangle's that's in front of North Campus Crossing?

Old 07-04-2010, 01:39 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,006 times
Quote:
they should have done that years ago instead of building the complexes 10 minutes away from campus. I say we tear down places like north campus crossing, the bellamy, and the landing and build some downtown in place of the ghettos. any chance of this happening?
not anytime soon, all of those places are NEW!

Old 07-05-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
hey mrbojangles do you know any other changes coming near the downtown/ECU area? I really wish we could clean up a lot of those places and get more ECU stuff and some places that are not fast food restaurants.
It is happening now, slowly. There just redid some areas of downtown. A LOT more is needed though. The gov't next project, I believe, will be the West Greenville, 5th St improvements. They already paved it. I think the goal is to clean up that road between DT and the hospital

Old 07-07-2010, 07:19 AM

451 posts, read 1,914,803 times
Saw that Ham's closed abrubtly over the weekend. Wonder if someone bought the building?

Old 07-07-2010, 05:32 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,901,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
Saw that Ham's closed abrubtly over the weekend. Wonder if someone bought the building?
All of the Ham's have closed. At least the ones in Havelock, New bern and Goldsboro. The ones in havelock & New bern are now a place called "Caroina Grill" and the one inGoldsboro is a place called "Yammy's"

Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
As of last night, no. That building has A LOT of history. It was built in 1941. I want to say one time it was a funeral parlor, and at another time it had something to do with the Theater Dept at ECU. Don't quote me on that, but that seems familiar to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina