Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 09:11 PM

378 posts, read 418,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
I would guess that with the interstate grade from Greenville to Kinston that almost becomes the preferred route to NB anyway decreasing the need for 43 to be upgraded. Even more so if they eventually carry Harvey parkway to the east connecting to 42 for coastal traffic from points north.
https://connect.ncdot.gov/projects/p...eport_2010.pdf

You are talking about this? Because I don't really see this helping from getting from Greenville to New Bern at all. I think you want all traffic from 43 to be diverted on to 11 where I highly doubt the eastern harvey parkway would ever be extended further east. 43 needs to be a expressway with some interchanges, and 11 as a freeway from Greenville to Kinston.

https://connect.ncdot.gov/projects/p...HighwayMap.pdf

Maybe you are talking about this map that you think they will extend the harvey parkway east. The best bet would be going onto 43 and on to 17 and on to the neuse river bridge (New Bern US 70 US 17 bypass), because that's an additional 20 minutes you will get if you use 11. They were gonna plan to make a 43 connector with 17 to bypass Vanceboro, but that never happened yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 03:19 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancisDrake View Post
I would guess that with the interstate grade from Greenville to Kinston that almost becomes the preferred route to NB anyway decreasing the need for 43 to be upgraded. Even more so if they eventually carry Harvey parkway to the east connecting to 42 for coastal traffic from points north.
My thoughts exactly. Another example of people choosing an indirect but better quality route are those going from Goldsboro to Greenville and vice-versa. I-795/US-264 is the preferred route (at least from Goldsboro) despite US-13 being direct since the road sucks.

Though unlike NC-43, NCDOT plans to upgrade US-13 to a median-divided expressway between Goldsboro and the Greene County line with construction beginning in the early 2020's.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
I'd love to have a limited access highway in Greenville running basically from a portion of the 264 bypass (between the 33 and 43 exit) straight into downtown (with exits on Memorial by the airport & Greene street). Maybe even extending to the other side of the 264 bypass and connecting it to the 33/Washington exit/North Campus Crossing intersection. Of course it would be cutting through wetlands and swamp and a nice chunk of River Park North, so it's probably not that feasible. But something similar to the MLK parkway in Wilmington would be great, IMO.
That would be perfect, because they are already doing planning to the existing Pitt and Greene bridges right now. I would love to see that happen, The MLK parkway was also built on the wetlands. (That might even help relief congestion on 5th street)

For our highway, let's add bike lanes and sidewalks and make it four-lane expressway or freeway (Maybe six if Greenville's population and excitement booms). The greenway plan is already going in progress, I would love to see Greenville get greenways to Winterville and Ayden!

It would also be a sister of the Greenville Blvd widening.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see a Jack In The Box here, they have good food. We have space for one, we don't have a single one here.

Last edited by Slay The Great; 12-02-2017 at 11:36 AM..

Old 12-02-2017, 12:52 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Early next year, I am meeting with a prominent official at ECU to discuss the redevelopment of the “warehouse district”, which will be turned into ECU’s very own “Millennial Campus.” In accordance with what the official and I have discussed, we will be speaking on the concept of making this campus into a “smart neighborhood.” The question(s) for the community is:

1. What do you all think of the concept of a “smart neighborhood” where Millennial Campus currently is?
2. What advice, if any can be provided, in regards to improving the current design of Millennial Campus?

With many companies across the country currently building new smart cities, Greenville and ECU has the opportunity of a lifetime to show how smart city technologies can be implemented within an existing neighborhood. We must stop with the thinking of the past of trying to catch up (in regards to infrastructure development) with our North/South Carolina peers, and instead think forward. Our city, with the right vision, can truly be a national leader in regards to implementing future technologies — LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!.

For information on the Millennial Campus click on the link below:

ECU Millennial Campus
No response, anyone?

Old 12-02-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
No response, anyone?
Why won't that building get demolished?

Old 12-02-2017, 02:23 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,595,835 times
Quote:
No response, anyone?
Who are you meeting with and what’s their title?

Old 12-02-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Who are you meeting with and what’s their title?
Not exactly sure how that is relevant to my question; care to explain? I have no problem giving an answer once it’s explained why exactly you seem to be asking that.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:15 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,595,835 times
Quote:
Not exactly sure how that is relevant to my question; care to explain? I have no problem giving an answer once it’s explained why exactly you seem to be asking that.
I’m answering this in a PM.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:54 PM

Greenville seriously needs sidewalks. I almost fell when i tripped at another vehicle. I don't want people dying here...

Old 12-02-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I’m answering this in a PM.
From GarnetAndBlack, I am sounding a bit too ‘campaign-esque’ for C-D, and for that, I issue an apology to members that feel such a way. It’s no secret: I am interested in running for one office or another here in Greenville someday, and for that, I am genuinely interested in hearing what everyone here says, as I have been for years. Frankly, I felt the question(s) I recently posed were related to development — I assume the community thought otherwise. Regardless, you all are owed an apology; in no sense am I trying to pollute this thread we’ve all grown to love into some campaign HQ for myself, but rather I am interested, as I’ve been since the inception of this thread, in discussing development. Considering my own ambitions, I thought developing a more productive relationship with those up here would be beneficial for us all — somehow, someway, it’s not. Again, I apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina