Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2017, 04:04 PM

378 posts, read 419,262 times

Advertisements

We also have one of the biggest hospital and university in North Carolina.

We have a bigger university than Winston-Salem and Greensboro. That's why Greenville is sooo big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 07:25 AM

217 posts, read 236,288 times
bit of farmville news: hearing rumors of a vodka microdistillery coming to downtown in the space that used to be the old department store. while i'd prefer a microbrewery or a whiskey microdistillery in its place, it'd be a great attraction to the farmville strip. anyone know anything more?

Old 11-19-2017, 02:50 PM

38 posts, read 41,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepedguy View Post
bit of farmville news: hearing rumors of a vodka microdistillery coming to downtown in the space that used to be the old department store. while i'd prefer a microbrewery or a whiskey microdistillery in its place, it'd be a great attraction to the farmville strip. anyone know anything more?
I believe there was a recent Daily Reflector and/or WNCT piece about the distillery and Farmville downtown development. I can't seem to track it down right now.

EDIT: Distillery/Restaurant/Hotel coming soon to Washington. Is there also something similar coming to Farmville?
http://wnct.com/2017/11/03/old-bank-...in-washington/

Old 11-20-2017, 01:10 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,827,146 times
Winterville council approves plans for new subdivision - Daily Reflector

Old 11-20-2017, 05:09 AM

217 posts, read 236,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshSchaef View Post
I believe there was a recent Daily Reflector and/or WNCT piece about the distillery and Farmville downtown development. I can't seem to track it down right now.

EDIT: Distillery/Restaurant/Hotel coming soon to Washington. Is there also something similar coming to Farmville?
Old bank to become new resturant and hotel in Washington
that's the word on the street, but as far as i know it's just rumor at this point (hope this isn't too speculative).

i get my farmville news from a couple of people i know over there who have their thumb on things. town council amended the city code to permit microdistilleries-microwineries-microbreweries at their october session.

there's also talk of a greenway being built entirely on city-owned land out there, but i'm not aware of where that stands. cycle nc's mountains to coast ride passing through in october really stuck in the heads of the council.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:50 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,599,213 times
The Harris Teeter gas station is now open at Arlington & Fire Tower.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:57 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
The Harris Teeter gas station is now open at Arlington & Fire Tower.
It's only sells gas, right? No convenience products?

Old 11-20-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
It's only sells gas, right? No convenience products?
I saw a cooler with some drinks in it, so I know they have those. There’s a tiny building in the middle. It seems too small to stock anything inside though.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:30 PM

Handee Hugo BP station is also open on Charles Blvd in the old Kangaroo/Fast Fare/Fresh Way. In front of the athletic club.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:18 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,553,438 times
Gov. Cooper scheduled to make appearances in the east today

Quote:
Governor Roy Cooper is headed east Tuesday to participate in two local events.

Cooper is scheduled to start his day in Greenville as he addresses the Pitt-Greenville Chamber of Commerce at the group's luncheon at the Hilton Greenville at noon.

Once he finished his engagement at the Hilton, Cooper will then make his way to Goldsboro to see the town's Hurricane Matthew Housing Recovery Application Center.

The center is at the Wayne County Veterans Office on E. Ash Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina