Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 08:50 AM

89 posts, read 130,612 times

Advertisements

The Walmart neighborhood market on Stantonsburg Rd looks like it's open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 10:58 AM

893 posts, read 1,342,898 times
It's close...not quite open yet as of yesterday.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:12 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,737,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullGoodBearBad View Post
A Verizon downtown? That sure will increase foot traffic! Not...Hotels, restaurants, bars, apartments, and shops. That's what gets a downtown happening. A dollar theater would be nice too.

Verizon? Really? I get a new cell phone about every two years. That's the extent of the interaction I have with the store. I'd rather see the sidebar stay and cater to it's crowd of 20-50 people every night.

Whoever posted about the mixed use county office building is on to something. The more we can get people downtown on a daily basis, the better. The boundary will do wonders for the shops, bars, and restaurants who cater to college students---because it's year round living, not just when school's in session.
I live in Cary but have a daughter at ECU and I am a ECU graduate so I visit this forum at times. The Verizon store in Cary that I have been to, we have several, is always packed. I'm sure something better could have come in but there are a lot of people that visit the Verizon store.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:34 AM

^ I'll agree that it will increase foot traffic more than that club did. One step at a time people.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:52 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,631 times
The one on Greenville Blvd is always packed too - always a long wait. Lately I try to do everything online for that reason.

It may Cellular Sales opening, which is a Verizon dealer. They were one of the buildings that got torn down for the 10th/Stantonsburg connector project. I don't think they have opened another store in Greenville yet.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:05 PM

Cellular Sales in in the Greenville Mall. (At least they use to be, I haven't been in there in quite some time)

Old 11-13-2014, 02:19 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,288 times
From the Reflector: Bond advisory committee meets for final time.

Quote:
The Greenville Bond Advisory Committee voted multiple times at its final meeting on Wednesday before ultimately voting to recommend a nearly $22 million bond package for the City Council’s consideration.

That package included $9.9 million for street rehabilitation and improvements and $12 million for a sports complex.

There still was agreement among committee members Wednesday that the City Council should repeal or reallocate a previous 1-cent tax increase in the city budget to go toward funding the proposed bond package, which equates to just more than a 3-cent tax increase per $100 property valuation.

The projects will be listed, if approved by the council, under two specific bond issue questions — streets and the sports complex — on the ballot as early as November 2015.

In Wednesday’s meeting — the last of nine sessions which began in July — the commission heard a presentation on the city’s GO-Science Center, received additional information on potential First Street and Town Common improvements and continued its discussion on final recommendation.

The committee was tasked by the City Council to advise on the content, amount, timing and other relevant aspects of a voter bond referendum. The committee also was asked to advise on the structure of an advocacy committee for the potential bond. All final decisions on a potential bond issue are made by the City Council and then voted on by the public during an election cycle.

In October, the committee voted to propose a $14 million bond package — equivalent to an about 2-cent property tax increase — to the council, with the option to expand to $21 million if the council chose to re-allocate a 1-cent tax increase already approved in the budget.

About $9.9 million of the $14 million was allocated for a streets program by the committee, including maintenance and rehabilitation of roads, sidewalk construction, road enhancements for 10th Street in the area of the 10th Street Connector and enhancements for Dickinson Avenue.

At its meeting Wednesday, the group only approved $9.9 million for streets.

The streets funding included $5 million for improvements, $500,000 for sidewalks, $1.75 million for 10th Street Connector enhancements, $2.45 million for a Dickinson Avenue streetscape and $200,000 for debt issuance.

The committee approved the amount 12-1 with Alberto Blanco voting against.

The committee voted 7-5 to approve recommending $12 million for a sports complex.

The committee also discussed funding to rebuild South Greenville Recreation Center at a cost of $3.1 million. While the group ranked funding South Greenville Recreation Center high at previous meetings, it members discussed their impression that the City Council would fund the project through other means.

Items that failed in votes by the committee included $5 million for the first phase of the sports complex, First Street and Town Common improvements, the Frontgate project, a medical technical park and South Tar Greenway amenities,

Bill Clark was not present at Wednesday’s meeting. Michael Overton left before the end of the meeting.
Looks good. I'd like to see more information about this "sports complex".

Old 11-13-2014, 02:33 PM

What is the "the Frontgate project"

Old 11-13-2014, 06:59 PM

144 posts, read 189,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
What is the "the Frontgate project"
http://www.greenvillenc.gov/home/showdocument?id=7287 -- page 10

Old 11-13-2014, 09:41 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,288 times
Interesting... Guess that means no minor league ball park near Dickinson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina