Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 AM

286 posts, read 653,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
What would be even cooler would be a tunnel. And before folks say that is crazy, think about the fact that this is on the Hill, would cross both a street and RR and there are other major public universities with tunnels for their student pedestrian traffic.
Free Expression Tunnel like App and NCSU have would be cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 10:37 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
On my way home last night I say a large lit DOT sign reading on S. Memorial that "Davenport Rd is going to be closed starting May 20th." Any ideas how long this is going to continue. I know the intersection could use some work. The whole concept seems busted to me. It's just awkward, especially if you're going to or coming from the east side of Memorial. Are they doing anything beyond opening up right turn lane on the west side of the intersection of Memorial and Davenport? I saw that they had staked off some area that made it look like that's what they're doing but I wasn't sure if that was the extent of it or if they're planning anything else.
They are putting in a right turn lane. It is supposed to take the entire week.

As far as the Firetower extension. I don't see any reason to not go ahead and extend it to Davenport sooner. It wood help with PCC traffic, not to mention the commute of people like me who have to make a couple of out-of-the-way routes to get to Firetower. They could go ahead with setting up the Davenport connection in the next couple of years, then link it up with the bypass later when it's being built.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:10 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
The proposed solar farm is planned for northeast of Whichard and Rams Horn roads. That is almost adjacent to North Rec complex. It will be a 50-acre solar farm on a 55-acre piece of property. ASSUMING, it is expected to be operational in early December.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:12 PM

SECU uptown is going to alter their building in someway.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:14 PM

The North Carolina Association of Soil & Water Conservation Districts has chosen Greenville as the site for its 2016 annual conference.

This is the first time it has been in the east since 1979. It is "big", because again Greenville is chosen as the host city to represent the east.

Greenville needs to solidify their standing as the "Capital of the East". Which I believe they are trying to do.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:07 PM

286 posts, read 653,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
SECU uptown is going to alter their building in someway.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:55 PM

192 posts, read 281,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
They are putting in a right turn lane. It is supposed to take the entire week.

As far as the Firetower extension. I don't see any reason to not go ahead and extend it to Davenport sooner. It wood help with PCC traffic, not to mention the commute of people like me who have to make a couple of out-of-the-way routes to get to Firetower. They could go ahead with setting up the Davenport connection in the next couple of years, then link it up with the bypass later when it's being built.
Thanks for the response. I was hoping and assuming they were doing a right turn lane. Especially since people just drive as though there is already one there it only makes senses.

And I agree that they should really get started or with the extension now and add the bypass as needed later. I'm sure there is a way they could find to do the extension and the bypass separately without incurring any significant additional costs. It would really help with the morning traffic jams at the stop signs caused by the schools and rush hours. I hate getting backed up behind 20 cars at a stop sign if I leave between 7:45-815am. I'm glad I can set my own hours so I don't have to battle the stop and go around the high school elementary school every morning. It really stinks too because it's not just one stop sign it happens all four major intersections where Davenport intersects with Reedy Branch and Froglevel AND where Forlines intersects with Reedy Branch and Froglevel.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 PM

145 posts, read 266,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
Thanks for the response. I was hoping and assuming they were doing a right turn lane. Especially since people just drive as though there is already one there it only makes senses.

And I agree that they should really get started or with the extension now and add the bypass as needed later. I'm sure there is a way they could find to do the extension and the bypass separately without incurring any significant additional costs. It would really help with the morning traffic jams at the stop signs caused by the schools and rush hours. I hate getting backed up behind 20 cars at a stop sign if I leave between 7:45-815am. I'm glad I can set my own hours so I don't have to battle the stop and go around the high school elementary school every morning. It really stinks too because it's not just one stop sign it happens all four major intersections where Davenport intersects with Reedy Branch and Froglevel AND where Forlines intersects with Reedy Branch and Froglevel.
It's actually quite interesting because I went passed there yesterday and it had changed to closing on May 21th and then today both of the electronic signs were gone and the road was not closed.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,427 times
Default Arlington Blvd.

Today's fatal accident on Arlington Blvd. at Merry Ln. is further evidence that Arlington needs to become a divided thoroughfare. A divided median may not have prevented today's accident but it could have possibly been enough of a barrier to keep it from being fatal. A traffic light at Wimbledon Dr. would also probably help to control traffic flow between Firetower and Red Banks and prevent rampant/dangerous middle lane misuse. There are entirely too many accidents on this stretch of Arlington Blvd. and it seems like this should be addressed at least in Greenville's long term street development planning.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:03 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
It's actually quite interesting because I went passed there yesterday and it had changed to closing on May 21th and then today both of the electronic signs were gone and the road was not closed.
With all the heavy rain lately the ground may be too saturated to get started, not to mention the danger and unpredictability of these storms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina