Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 01:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,012 times

Advertisements

bradys in Scotland Neck used to be great- don't know about now, been a long time since i've been there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 08:26 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,957,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
My point exactly. Pork isn't exactly good for you to begin with and when they start mixing in mystery meat it just gets nasty. I'm guessing all of these Skylight lovers like their flattened out tasteless cornbread too.
No. Don't like their cornbread. It's too thick and tasteless. When we do it at home it's easily half as thick, and we use salt so it is not tasteless. At the Skylight I usually just peal off and eat the top and bottom layers. Flat cornbread is definitely a regional thing that we don't expect everyone to get.

PS...I've never had globs of yellow stuff in my bbq at Pete Jone's. I suppose I need a few hundred MORE visits to make a complete determination. LOL

Old 04-21-2011, 10:45 AM
ZZP

28 posts, read 40,046 times
I think Skylight Inn is pretty damn good, some of the best 'que I've ever tasted (granted, I'm from Virginia, but still). I have yet to try B's. I'll be heading down for a Pirates baseball game soon, so I'll have to see what the hype is about.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:28 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,913,807 times
I have never seen any orange globs in their meat. I have seen skin with a slight orange tint to it because it has been cooked. Thats it.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:37 PM

228 posts, read 601,033 times
I love this area...3 pages of comments on BBQ but not a single comment on my request for places to play sports...too funny. ( I mean this in a nice way.)

Old 04-22-2011, 04:27 AM

327 posts, read 602,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
My point exactly. Pork isn't exactly good for you to begin with and when they start mixing in mystery meat it just gets nasty. I'm guessing all of these Skylight lovers like their flattened out tasteless cornbread too.
Only the edges.

And their slaw is second to none.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:04 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,763,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningNorm View Post
I love this area...3 pages of comments on BBQ but not a single comment on my request for places to play sports...too funny. ( I mean this in a nice way.)
You could open a BBQ spot in the basement of a crack house and the line of people wanting in will meander around the pipes and needles.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:19 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,258,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
You could open a BBQ spot in the basement of a crack house and the line of people wanting in will meander around the pipes and needles.
Will it be vinegar-based crack???

Old 04-22-2011, 05:44 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,726,984 times
Was in Greenville this morning Prom Dress Shopping. As a consolation, wife and daughter agreed to go to B's, after I told of all all the positive comments here.

What a dump. I am sure a lot of you guys just say B's cause it is cool to go "slumming" sometime. Or rather say that you did.

In addition to the building in total disrepair, the drunk guy, hanging on the corner stop sign kind of slobbering and singing at the same time, combined to make my wife feel I had again lost my mind.

I could not get her and my daughter out of the entire area fast enough. First they shrieked in terror and then, once a safe distance, in laughter, at me. Great!!!

It may make you feel "cool" to go to B's but I would never, ever recommend that hole to anyone. What a disappointment.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:16 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,783 times
So what'd you think of the food?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina