Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2007, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 8,227 times

Advertisements

hello folks,
thinking about moving to sagamore hills or surrounding area. what is sagamore hills like? what are the winters like and what is there to do during the long winters? i like the outdoors and would like to stay active if thats possible during the winters. also, any farms for sale in this area? thank you in advance for any information you may offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 11:34 AM

93 posts, read 644,134 times
Hi! I figured since noobody has wrote back to you, I will try to help you. I have only been to Sagamore Hills a couple times. It is a nice area, pretty pricey. They were building a lot of new houses last time I was there. Winters are long and horrible. You can go sled riding!! Shoveling the driveway and sidewalk everyday will keep you active, but other than that there isnt much to do. Driving in the snow is horrible so a lot of people try to stay in the house. The farm thing I cant really help you with that, Im from Cleveland and havent seen a farm in years. Im trying to think of what else I can tell you. I havent been to Sagamore Hills in years so it might look different now, but I dont remember there being a lot of stuff there, like stores. So there probably is some land available.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 8,227 times
Default thank you.

thank you for responding to my question. seems not alot of folks have anything to say about sagamore hills! maybe this should be telling me something about the place

the winters sound pretty nasty! i would like to have a farm in ohio. any other suggestions? thank you again for taking the time to answer me. very much appreciated!

Old 03-18-2007, 05:42 PM

41 posts, read 152,395 times
You won't find any farms in the Sagamore Hills area- it is a suburban area. One benefit is the proximity to the Boston Hills /Brandywine ski area & the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Many activities can be found such as hiking, horseback riding etc in that area.

If you're looking for a farm-you might try Richfield-it is a little more rural. However, it is still not an area where you'd find farms generally. You might want to check out Medina County- Medina, Granger Township, Sharon Township offer land & commuter friendly proximity to Akron or Cleveland.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:34 PM

18 posts, read 65,929 times
Sagamore hills is beautiful, large houses with large land.perhaps they are very expensive. I used to deliver phone books in this area while in college.I had a chance to come very close to those houses.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:05 PM

27 posts, read 227,425 times
you'll find a lot more FARMS in geauga or medina counties. ashtabula is super affordable, but kinda trashy.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:17 PM

688 posts, read 3,038,334 times
Sagamore Hills is nice - lots of greenspace and proximity to parks. But no tracts of land or farms for sale - it is all suburban. There are one or two pre-existing farms along hwy 82 (you can stop and buy fresh corn from their roadside stands), but they are among the last large areas in Sagamore and will probably be soon bought by developers for lots of $$$$$.

If you want neighborhood living, Sagamore Hills is a great option with some natural beauty and park space, as well as a variety of housing prices. But if you want land, you will have to look into Medina, Geauga, or possibly Portage county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: