Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 05:11 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,674,034 times

Advertisements

Take a look at What's New at Progressive Field at 2 p.m. -- Tweets and updates | cleveland.com
For anyone who has not seen this yet, some ideas on what the new park will look like.

What I like:
1.That they actually included the neighborhoods. Not sure that the restaurants that are at each of them with the exception of GLBC and Sweet Moses really DEFINE the neighborhoods, but still, I think it is cool to see they are up and that there will be information about them. Thinking it over, I think they couldn't have done a better job. Lakewood people may be upset they weren't chosen over Cleveland Heights, but there are already 3 West Side to 2 East Side spots on there. I also like how Cleveland Heights incorporates several neighborhoods, as does UC. I still think that from a business standpoint, however subtle it may be, including Akron as a section, which has a sizeable population of people with means to travel to the games, would have been nice to give them a nod by including Swenson's, which I think would've helped attendance from there, but I suppose it is the Cleveland park.

2. I like the street opening to East 9th. I haven't seen a look at it completed from the behind home plate vantage point yet, but I imagine it will look cool. The only thing I'll have to manage is the ADD in me wanting to look out and watch traffic during games : P

3. I like the fact that they used the Columbus Road Bridge wood for the construction of The Corner. I've heard the viewlines are fantastic. I like the fact that patrons of the bar will be able to walk past WS Championship Trophies, and I like the $13 game/beer deal, though it may be especially neat if they threw in an 18$ ticket which included something from one of the 5 neighborhoods and a beer.

What I don't like:

1. The upper deck facade, ehh, not quite like the rendering, looks worse than before the construction with all empty seats honestly. I've heard that it is not quite finished, they are still doing work on it so hopefully looks better when it is all said and done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 05:49 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,285,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedRustbelt View Post
New $26.5 million high school set for St. Clair Superior neighborhood

New High school to built in the St. Clair-Superior neighborhood. Kudos to the designers for incorporating the Kausek Brothers building into the new school.
This is a win-win-win on so many levels.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:44 PM

64 posts, read 81,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
This is a win-win-win on so many levels.
Win-win enough that I just made a donation. Why wasn't this in the PD?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:02 AM

869 posts, read 1,278,311 times
A very fun addition -- rooftop bar!

When Azure Sun Lounge opens May 2 at Cleveland's The 9, there'll be a new place to drink in city skyline | cleveland.com

Old 04-17-2015, 12:06 PM

Cleveland Museum of Natural History's $150 million expansion plan wins design review approval, despite misgivings (photos) | cleveland.com

Good stuff!

Old 04-17-2015, 07:24 PM

207 posts, read 339,062 times
Mountain bike trails in Cuyahoga Valley National Park
Cuyahoga Valley National Park hopes to begin construction on mountain bike trail | cleveland.com

Metroparks "Aerial Adventures" Zip line course

Go Ape aerial adventure course opens in Cleveland Metroparks (photos) | cleveland.com

Old 04-18-2015, 08:21 AM

207 posts, read 339,062 times
"Adult Playground Comes to the Flats in August "

"Outside investors increasingly place Cleveland — as in downtown Cleveland — on their short list of planned locations"

"the fifth [location] for the red-hot Denver-based concept [is opening] ahead of forthcoming spots in Seattle, Pittsburgh and San Francisco"

A Massive 27,000-Square-Foot Adult Playground Comes to the Flats in August | Dining Lead | Cleveland Scene

Old 04-18-2015, 10:56 AM

Awesome!

Old 04-20-2015, 01:19 PM

Cleveland Museum of Art acquires rare imperial Persian tent visitors can enter like royalty (photos) | cleveland.com

Just the world class CMA being, you know, world class.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:35 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,521 times
New $735,000 Kresge grant aims to help St. Clair Superior residents share in revitalization (photos) | cleveland.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland