Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 01:11 PM

458 posts, read 1,223,852 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what the status is of the Schofield Building being converted into a hotel? It looks like it is moving very very slowly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 08:19 PM

13 posts, read 26,543 times
costello_musicman,

Thanks for posting all the projects. Your knowledge of the city and its undertakings are impressive.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,224,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Thanks -- at this point, it's mostly copy and pasting my original. My first draft took me close to about 3 hours though.... As for keeping up the everything, I'm signed up for too many emailing alerts, plus I walk around the city a ton.

My motivation is to all the people who say nothing is happening in Cleveland. Open your frikin eyes!

Especially recently -- 2011 is going to see so so so much construction in Cleveland.
I want to add my thanks too.

Though I've left Ohio a few years ago I still like following what is going on with Cleveland. Hopefully the city is going to get some sustainable momentum from these projects.

While no longer a mod for this specific forum, I still root for the city. Despite what some believe, there are those of us out there who would love to relocate and enjoy the rebirth of the great city of Cleveland.

Cleveland is a blast!

Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 AM

306 posts, read 821,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flee to the Cleve View Post
Anyone know what the status is of the Schofield Building being converted into a hotel? It looks like it is moving very very slowly.
I posted about this a few months ago, but I'll re-post what I know about it.

The owner received a grant that allowed the first phase of the project which was to remove the 70's facade. Basically, that grant was to see how much damage was underneath the panels, what needs to be done and if they can restore it to its original look. To qualify for a historic building restoration tax credit, they had to remove those panels first and see the building's condition.

In June, the state issued the tax credit, so the developer could try to line up financing for the next phase. The plan is to put a Kimpton Hotel (Hotel Palomar/Hotel Monaco operators) there if they can line up the financing. The Schofield owners also own the former East Ohio Gas Co. building on East 6th. That building is their focus at the moment, since they have lined up the financing and a tenant in the Calfee law firm.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,288,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendofCleveland View Post
costello_musicman,

Thanks for posting all the projects. Your knowledge of the city and its undertakings are impressive.
Thanks for the kind words. I take pride in being aware of the city's progress, and I like to make sure as many other people aware as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I want to add my thanks too.

Though I've left Ohio a few years ago I still like following what is going on with Cleveland. Hopefully the city is going to get some sustainable momentum from these projects.

While no longer a mod for this specific forum, I still root for the city. Despite what some believe, there are those of us out there who would love to relocate and enjoy the rebirth of the great city of Cleveland.

Cleveland is a blast!
Agreed, Cleveland is a blast! .

It's great to hear that people are itching to come back. It's exactly what the city needs, returning professionals to be apart of a great transformation. Thanks for the post.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:12 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,708,993 times
Love it or hate it the Medical mart broke ground yesterday. The official groundbreaking isn't for a few more weeks, but work has started.

Cleveland's medical mart construction starts downtown | cleveland.com

Old 01-06-2011, 08:38 AM

458 posts, read 1,223,852 times
I'm glad its finally underway. I was getting worried on whether or not it was going to move forward. I was sure Jimmy Dimora would screw it up somehow.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:31 PM

869 posts, read 1,278,963 times
To add to your list:

Miceli Dairy Products Expansion -- $20 million (E.93rd and Buckeye Rd) Miceli Dairy Products describes plan for expansion in Cleveland | cleveland.com

Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,734 times
Default I read this today also

[quote=usaf_1832;17307612]To add to your list:

Miceli Dairy Products Expansion -- $20 million (E.93rd and Buckeye Rd)

For me , I have used this product , for a " Store " bought product
it always seemed fresher , then some national known brands ,
I now see why! You learn something new everyday , I had no idea
this comany , was local .

Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 PM

708 posts, read 1,816,201 times
[quote=citydudeallover;17309788]
Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf_1832 View Post
To add to your list:

Miceli Dairy Products Expansion -- $20 million (E.93rd and Buckeye Rd)

For me , I have used this product , for a " Store " bought product
it always seemed fresher , then some national known brands ,
I now see why! You learn something new everyday , I had no idea
this comany , was local .
My sister just applied there...Hopefully she gets it....she just wants it part time so she can get out of the house, lol....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland