Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2017, 03:26 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,521 times

Advertisements

This could be interesting.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.cleve..._peninsula.amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 04:49 PM

816 posts, read 1,396,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
could and should! excited to see what the future plans are for this

Old 06-11-2017, 06:46 PM

This link has better pictures detailing the Scranton peninsula.
Forest City to sell Scranton Peninsula land to investor group eyeing development (photos, video) | cleveland.com

Old 06-12-2017, 07:41 AM

120 posts, read 107,246 times
Cleveland is on fire right now. I've never seen so much development going on inside of the city limits.

Former nightclub building bought for big Nautica play

Real estate developer Jeffrey Jacobs has taken another million-dollar step toward expanding the Nautica Waterfront District beyond its entertainment center roots.

Technically, it's a $1.25 million step, as that's the amount that Nautica Entertainment LLC, the name that Jacobs holds west bank properties in, paid on June 1 for the 2325 Elm St. building, according to Cuyahoga County property records.

David Grunenwald, vice president of development at Nautica owner Jacobs Investments Inc., said in a June 7 phone interview that the acquisition is "just another step in what we're doing to keep Nautica moving forward."

http://www.crainscleveland.com/artic...g-nautica-play

Old 06-16-2017, 09:38 PM

23 posts, read 30,089 times
from marketplace.org:

How do you retrofit an old industrial waterfront? Cleveland is finding out

Old 06-17-2017, 09:19 AM

Cleveland200 Seeks to Build Companies in Cleveland | Downtown Cleveland Alliance

Old 06-18-2017, 10:43 AM

220 posts, read 321,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky44022 View Post
Wait, did I read that right!? They're actually proposing to remove a mile strech of the shoreway away from downtown!

Old 06-18-2017, 11:00 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedRustbelt View Post
Wait, did I read that right!? They're actually proposing to remove a mile strech of the shoreway away from downtown!
I couldn't find much about this specific proposal, but here's an interview of the plan's author:

<<
Q. Why are you a person to watch in 2015?
A. I am always someone to bear watching! Ha Ha. Seriously, the Green Ribbon Coalition is one of several civic initiatives I am pursuing, and am particularly passionate about creating a 'ribbon of green' along the lakefront.

We have always had it wrong in this region (and particularly the city). We should have been building on the bluffs overlooking the lake, and preserving direct access to the lake and water for the people of Cleveland and the region. There is some lakefront development that is of course unavoidable, such as the port and ore dock, wastewater treatment, and maybe the airport, but it's not good policy nor advisable to build out every square foot of lakefront land.

I accept everything that is currently in place, but now going forward let's earmark the remaining undeveloped land for parks and recreation, and connect this future parks land with the existing lakefront parks at Edgewater, Wendy Park, Gordon Park and Nature Preserve.

Q. Why are you spearheading this Lakefront Ribbon of Green Coalition? Won't Lake Erie always be publicly accessible?
A. In my view, the lakefront, and water's edge belong to the people -- everybody -- not just a few condo owners, boaters and industrial interests. And the best way to get the attention of the powers that be is to build a coalition of interest groups, and the public at large to advocate on behalf of the 'green ribbon.'

People are always telling me Cleveland should have a lakefront like Chicago or Toronto. Those two cities have their version of a ribbon of green, and now we need to get busy on ours. The Cleveland lakefront is no place for a edifice complex! Let's not build out every square foot of Cleveland lakefront property.
Q. What's the biggest thing you'd like to see happen in 2015?
A. I would like to see the 'lakefront ribbon of green' emerge as a key element in the civic dialogue in the coming year, and city leadership to begin serious discussions of how best to preserve the remaining undeveloped lakefront parcels for parks and recreation -- de facto embrace of Green Ribbon concept.>>

Dick Clough wants to preserve a pristine ribbon of green along Lake Erie: 2015 People to Watch | cleveland.com

https://www.greenribbonlakefront.org/

It appears that the developers are winning.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:38 AM

237 posts, read 249,407 times
Midtown neighborhood drives Cleveland to the head of the high-tech class - News 5 Cleveland

Old 06-19-2017, 06:24 PM

816 posts, read 1,396,010 times
Glad to hear they plan on developing residential property. Midtown really has alot of potential but right now it feels strictly like a little business district. I hope they can make the area more mixed use and livable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland