Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 03:45 PM

228 posts, read 555,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Cleveland Museum of Contempory Art moving to University Circle....GREAT location choice!!

Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland is nearly ready to build a dramatic new home in University Circle | Arts - cleveland.com

Also, in University Circle 23 of the new 27 condos have sold in Little Italy (prices start at $327,000!!!) That's the good news. Bad news, a land dispute:

Luxury townhouses in Cleveland's Little Italy are selling, but court fight looms | Business - cleveland.com
Thanks for the updates!
Makes me really happy to hear the above.

I rented in Little Italy for 3.5 years while I did my undergrad at/worked for Case and LOVE the Univ. Circle/Little Italy area (and the direction it continues to go in).
No question in my mind, if I would have decided to stay in Cleveland, I buy one of those townhomes and call it home.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 10:52 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,285,962 times
More very interesting news:

Cleveland signs deal with New Jersey company for new power plant. First of it's kind in the nation.

Cleveland signs agreement to build small fuel plant fueled by municipal waste | Business - cleveland.com

Old 02-12-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthpub View Post
Thanks for the updates!
Makes me really happy to hear the above.

I rented in Little Italy for 3.5 years while I did my undergrad at/worked for Case and LOVE the Univ. Circle/Little Italy area (and the direction it continues to go in).
No question in my mind, if I would have decided to stay in Cleveland, I buy one of those townhomes and call it home.

No problem. University Circle has seen a BOOM in construction and projects within the past 2 years.

They even have a new website

University Circle : Find Yourself in the Circle

Old 04-08-2010, 07:21 AM

How bout THIS for Cleveland development...

Developer MRN Ltd. secures financing for first phase of Uptown neighborhood project at University Circle | cleveland.com

http://blog.cleveland.com/architecture/2010/04/new_apartments_designed_by_arc.html

Last edited by costello_musicman; 04-08-2010 at 07:38 AM..

Old 04-08-2010, 05:23 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,632,773 times
University Circle continues to boom!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:19 AM

1,975 posts, read 5,213,745 times
This is exactly the kind of project Cleveland needs to inject some energy into its neighborhoods! It is transit oriented and on a large scale. This is the kind of thing that will totally change the dynamics of a neighborhood and takes advantage of the cities transit infrastructure. I hope it all turns out as planned.

I can think of a couple other stops along the red line where I would like to see some transit oriented development, namely the W. 25th stop and the West Blvd Stop. Imagine if there was a massive residential development around either of those stops - it would be huge. The West Blvd stop especially needs some help, as it's rough around there and is right between the nice Edgewater neighborhood and the improving Gordon Square neighborhood. A development around the West Blvd stop that is a combination of the Uptown Project and Battery Park would be great. The W. 25th stop just needs more condo/apartment buildings developed on the surrounding lots.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:22 AM

Update on the 668 Euclid AVe project:

The two-story Titan's gym is now open.

Check it out whenever you have time -- great addition to Downtown Cleveland.

home

Old 05-14-2010, 02:32 PM

129 posts, read 346,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lakes View Post
The West Blvd stop especially needs some help, as it's rough around there and is right between the nice Edgewater neighborhood and the improving Gordon Square neighborhood. A development around the West Blvd stop that is a combination of the Uptown Project and Battery Park would be great.
What I'd love to see, instead of a new construction project, is for someone to develop that beautiful brick building on the corner across from Cudell Park (as well as the cute little restaurant building next door.) Take a look at the brickwork around the upper floor windows, if you ever drive by - I'd love to have a condo up there!
The problem with the West Park Rapid Station area is that it's in Cudell, and Madison Avenue is one block south. That's the west end of a bad neighborhood (lots of random violence, both gang-related and just stupid stuff.) I've taken the Madison bus from Lakewood to downtown for over a decade, and see the deterioration of Cudell and sigh. (Then I see the continued thriving of Ohio City, and I'm cheered.)
Gordon Square is looking good, but it still suffers from an image problem - many of my suburban friends won't meet me at Luxe for dinner, because they're afraid of carjackings/car theft/muggings/gangs. Then again, I've been scaring my friends for years by taking them to the Parkview. Driving down Detroit, then up 58th, is VERY scary for suburbanites who don't go anywhere in Cleveland except downtown and University Circle, and rarely drive surface streets. Hmm - maybe some more condo projects that look cool will reassure them!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:17 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times
^^^

LOL that's funny, I actually know a few suburbanites who are scared to drive around the city period. They were nervous driving down Madison, Clark, Storer, etc in broad daylight so I could only imagine how they would feel while going down say Superior, Kinsman, 93rd, especially at night lol.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 AM

458 posts, read 1,223,532 times
Not sure if this was posted already, if so, then I appologize. I didn't want to go through all 21 pages of posts to see if it was.

This is from the City Planning Commision of Cleveland and mentions a lot of development project underway, under consideration, or recently completed. There were some things on here I didn't even know that being considered.

The website also gives you the citywide plan for the next ten years.

Cleveland City Planning Commission
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland